Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 147th Open Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yeah I guess if ever there's a day to be aggressive this is it, but maybe can be a bit more controlled with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭munster87

Tied for the lead. Go on the tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,609 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Ye it probably won't last since the leaders are just going out also he has tough closing holes coming. But the wind is now picking up a bit and anyway... go on the Tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I take back what I said earlier if everyone moves well forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭big_drive

Mcilroy doing fine as he doesn’t seem bang on his game. Those birdies might get things moving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

McIlroy ffs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Bogey Rory again,happening far too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bogey Rory again,happening far too many times.

Should’ve been a handy 2 putt. His wedge play from 150 in is garbage

That putt is even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭neddynasty

Watching the featured groups (Fowler/Olesen) on TheOpen app and Olesen looks to be smoking. It looks really weird. Not something you ever really see, i.e. a professional player smoking, on mainstream TV coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I think Rory is taking some anger out on his drives. Not converting those efforts though

115 yards left!!! If he doesn’t make a birdie at least he should walk off the course

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I think Rory is taking some anger out on his drives. Not converting those efforts though

408 yard drive, really needs to make this one count

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Rory can't putt. Spieth can.

At the end of the weekend that will be the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭tinpib

Brilliant chance for eagle for Rory here.

Drive and a wedge. 513 yards, should be illegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

neddynasty wrote: »
    Watching the featured groups (Fowler/Olesen) on TheOpen app and Olesen looks to be smoking. It looks really weird. Not something you ever really see, i.e. a professional player smoking, on mainstream TV coverage.

There was a club professional who qualified for the Irish open a few years ago, played about 14 holes, and stopped at a van for a bowl of stew, held up the whole show, that's the funniest one I heard in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Spieth's putting looking on point, you'd have to fancy him from here surely

Smart money be on Spieth from here. Good golf played today

Spieth is a worthy favourite now that's for sure, but with 15-20mph winds forecast tomorrow it could be a slog to the finish. Anyone within 5-6 shots entitled to feel they're still well in it imo. Hard to credit now that Tommy Fleetwood was bookies favourite before the round began, did think that was a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

It's going to be windy tomorow. Could be an interesting day. :)

I love this course. It's dfficult but not unfair.

• Advertisement

Actually, playoff be very likely.

-1 for Rory, probably his most consistent week but need some fireworks tomorrow

prawnsambo wrote: »
    It's going to be windy tomorow. Could be an interesting day. :)

I love this course. It's dfficult but not unfair.

Great back 9. Even on an "easy" day you have to play well to score on it. Sensational round of golf from Spieth today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Grandstands at the 18th seem fairly empty watching the final group?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hard to look past Spieth now he's playing some phenomenal golf. That drive on the first was a signal of intent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

NDWC wrote: »
    Grandstands at the 18th seem fairly empty watching the final group?

Most of the 'bigger' names finished earlier, say a lot went for the transport

Fair play to Justin Rose for making up all that ground on the leaders. From haviing a putt on the 18th yesterday to make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Can't Rory see making an impact tomorrow. His putting is weak. He is approach play from near the green is shocking. He should leaving within a few feet instead he is miles away. It's no good almost driving the green and making birdie at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,882 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So tiger woods is four shots behind the leaders. Given that the wind will get up tomorrow and make things interesting potentially, is tiger and other players four shots back in contention legitimately ?

Of course Woods has a chance. He’ll need to shoot lower than quite a few but apart from Spieth you wouldn’t say there are too many obvious clutch guys there so in forecast lively conditions, it’s still all to play for. Paul Lawrie famously came from 10 shots back here in ‘99. Think there will be a few twists and turns before it’s all settled tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

Of course Woods has a chance. He’ll need to shoot lower than quite a few but apart from Spieth you wouldn’t say there are too many obvious clutch guys there so in forecast lively conditions, it’s still all to play for. Paul Lawrie famously came from 10 shots back here in ‘99. Think there will be a few twists and turns before it’s all settled tomorrow evening.
    Yeah. Look at what Rose did today, or indeed Spieth. Guys going out earlier may have an advantage if the wind gets up later.

Advertisement