Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service areas between Shannon and Tuam on new motorway

Options
  • 16-07-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi...are there any service areas on the motorway between Shannon and Tuam that serve food? If not, could someone recommend a good spot to pull off? The food at the airport has gone downhill recently and I dont feel like paying an arm and a leg for a barely edible breakfast before hitting North to Mayo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

whitey1 wrote: »
    Hi...are there any service areas on the motorway between Shannon and Tuam that serve food? If not, could someone recommend a good spot to pull off? The food at the airport has gone downhill recently and I dont feel like paying an arm and a leg for a barely edible breakfast before hitting North to Mayo

There are no service stations on the motorway. The West Wing in Tuam isn't bad for breakfast. It's just off the roundabout on the left when you get to Tuam via the motorway so you wouldn't be going too far out of your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pa8301 wrote: »
    There are no service stations on the motorway. The West Wing in Tuam isn't bad for breakfast. It's just off the roundabout on the left when you get to Tuam via the motorway so you wouldn't be going too far out of your way.

Depends who you are talking to. I know two couples who recently had bad experiences with breakfasts in the west wing.

I'm a massive fan of Sullivans Hotel in gort. It's not 1 minute from the motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Depends who you are talking to. I know two couples who recently had bad experiences with breakfasts in the west wing.

I'm a massive fan of Sullivans Hotel in gort. It's not 1 minute from the motorway.

Fair enough. I wouldn't be a regular. Probably once every couple of months or so. Usually find it pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Mars Bar wrote: »

ditto, its been awhile since ive been there but it was grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Bar in the Inn at dromoland is decent. Not a fan of Sullivan's in Gort but each to their own. Food is only average.
    Loads of good places in ennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

tototoe wrote: »
    Bar in the Inn at dromoland is decent. Not a fan of Sullivan's in Gort but each to their own. Food is only average.

Yeah I've had the odd average dinner in Sullivans too but usually I'm very satisfied. Never had a bad breakfast though!

I've never heard of gone-off food being served there either, which is what happened in the west wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Snapgal

tototoe wrote: »

I think The Lady Gregory Hotel in Gort does lovely food plus free parking - pity they didn't put another exit off the other side of Gort near it. West County in Ennis does nice food too plus not too far off the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Snapgal wrote: »
    pity they didn't put another exit off the other side of Gort near it..

GORT does not need two exits for the motorway. they would almost be on top of each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Mother Hubbards or Raffertys Rest in Kilcolgan.

Advertisement