Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waxing alternative

Options
  • 16-07-2018 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been going to Brazilia on South William St for quite a few years now but I'm starting to get tired of them. After my last few waxes I've noticed patches they've forgotten and I'm a little sick of paying good money for mediocre service.

I always get a full leg and a g-string and make a point I want everything gone on my bum.

So my Q is:

Has anyone ever tried sugaring before? Where's the best place in Dublin City?

or

Where's the best place to get an affordable/ comprehensive wax (better than Brazilia)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭mel123

Have you ever thought about laser hair removal? I would highly recommend it, its probably one of the best investments ive ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

mel123 wrote: »
    Have you ever thought about laser hair removal? I would highly recommend it, its probably one of the best investments ive ever made!

Hi I'm interested in this. Could you recommend a good place to get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Yeah I'm getting my lip and chin done at the moment in Urbana on Clarendon st. but my entire legs and bikini will probably cost a lot... Where did you get yours done?

dmm82 wrote: »
    Hi I'm interested in this. Could you recommend a good place to get it done?
    I get mine done in Therapie they have salons all across Ireland and I have to say I find them very good. They are not trying to upsell and I find the staff honest not trying to get you to buy more if you don’t need it. They have the latest in technology too, they changed lasers this year and the new machines the pain is v minimal if I’d even call it pain. Previously tried IPL in a local salon and found it a waste of money.

LazyClouds wrote: »
    Yeah I'm getting my lip and chin done at the moment in Urbana on Clarendon st. but my entire legs and bikini will probably cost a lot... Where did you get yours done?
    I go to Therapie I think for 6 sessions full leg, underarm and Hollywood cost me I think it was about 550. Their packages are really good. The 6 sessions was perfect for underarm and full leg I’m hair free, Hollywood I think I bought another three with one more left and I’m happy with the results. They have sales on every few months where they do really good package deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ToryVi

It's worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's great if you're a good candidate but unfortunately not everyone is - it works best on dark hair on fair skin. I could have had my entire body lasered five times over for the money I've spent on waxing over the years, but unfortunately I'm too fair for laser to be an option.

OP should definitely go and do a consultation but if not, the only alternative might be to change waxing salon. I've never used them but I believe Waxperts are excellent.

I don't think sugaring is suitable for intimate areas, but I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Dial Hard wrote: »

I don't think sugaring is suitable for intimate areas, but I may be wrong.

You can use sugaring on intimate areas, but I haven't done so myself. I used to go to Sugar & Spice, but it closed last year.

I make my own sugar solution & it's easy to use, but I only do legs & hairy toes!!

I use the recipe on
    http://www.sproutinghealthyhabits.com/sugar-wax-hair-removal/

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Yeah I think lasering is the best option. I'm talking myself into it because even though it might cost a lot now it'll be cheaper in the long run. Getting a consult this week or next week. I'm very white with dark hair so hopefully I'll be the perfect candidate. I'll update when I get the consult with prices etc. if anyone's interested.

Advertisement