Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making an offer on a house

Options
  • 16-07-2018 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and my husband are first time buyers, newly mortgage approved, and looking for a bit of advice.

We've seen one house we like, but it's above what we're looking to spend. However the house is a bit out, and has been up for the past two years. When we called the agent his first question actually was "do you know where the house is??"

So we're wondering if it's priced at 310k, what's a reasonable low off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scurnane

If you're not embarrassed by your offer, it's too high.

I'd be starting with an offer of €240k-250k?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Beanie5 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Myself and my husband are first time buyers, newly mortgage approved, and looking for a bit of advice.

We've seen one house we like, but it's above what we're looking to spend. However the house is a bit out, and has been up for the past two years. When we called the agent his first question actually was "do you know where the house is??"

So we're wondering if it's priced at 310k, what's a reasonable low off?
    First of all decide on your absolute maximum offer and dont go above it.

In the case of a house thats up for two years I would start at 15% below the asking price.
    Needless to say the shyster estate agent will ring you the next day to say he has just had another offer near the asking price.
    In that case just say "Better let that man have it so Goodbye"

Advertisement