Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display team visitors at Baldonnel.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Mech1 wrote: »
    Got sent this from probably there greatest fan.
    So they're more or less opening, rather than closing, the show? :eek: If this is true, I'm glad I'm not going with my plan to get there towards the end - thanks for the heads-up!

ETA: Though I suppose they might fly over Bray as they return to the UK from Casement, like they did the year the Frecce Italia were also performing (or was it that the Arrows performed last that year with the Frecce first and with a final flyover?)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

So they're more or less opening, rather than closing, the show? :eek: If this is true, I'm glad I'm not going with my plan to get there towards the end - thanks for the heads-up!

Yeah I have got the same information from my source they are gonna open the show on Sunday at 2pm so will probably take off from Bal around 1.30pm or so. They will have to return to Bal to refuel for the flight home to the UK they may fly out Sunday evening or stay over. Landing Bal Saturday evening anytime after 6.30pm.

Just to be tedious :o:pac:, I'm going to ask if anyone knows the time the Viggen is likely to hit Bray on either day, or if it's likely to do a practise run on Fri (I remember it did so, or maybe it was the Draken , or both, one year)

Just to be tedious :o:pac:, I'm going to ask if anyone knows the time the Viggen is likely to hit Bray on either day, or if it's likely to do a practise run on Fri (I remember it did so, or maybe it was the Draken , or both, one year)

It's due into Bal Friday morning not sure but it would likely be around midday, didn't do much of a pratice last year about 5 mins then back to Bal, wasn't very impressed by it last year as it was so far out from the display line, no afterburner or high speed pass. Best to see it at Bal. It will be landing and taking off for Foynes and Bray anytime from 1pm on Saturday.

It dig a great display for the crew at Bal on its arrival and departure on the Monday morning last year, extremely low over Tallaght

• Advertisement

What time did it leave on the Mon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Red Arrows transit times for Bray and Newcastle.

Saturday 28th July
    - Depart from Newcastle - 12:35
    - Display East Fortune – 12:50
    - Arrive at Newcastle – 13:25
    - Depart from Newcastle – 16:15
    - Flypast RAF Boulmer – 16:21
    - Display Sunderland – 16:30
    - Arrive at Newcastle – 16:55
    - Depart from Newcastle – 19:25
    - Arrive at Casement – 19:59

Sunday 29th July
    - Depart from Casement - 14:03
    - Display Bray – 14:10
    - Arrive at Casement – 14:35
    - Depart from Casement – 16:35
    - Arrive at RAF Scampton – 17:14

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Any confirmation on which viggen it is? The Swedish historic has the AJS37 displaying which is the grey one iirc, but saw the 2 seater camo version mentioned on another thread but I think that's the SK37

Also 119.60 MHz is the radio freq for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

5500 wrote: »
    Any confirmation on which viggen it is? The Swedish historic has the AJS37 displaying which is the grey one iirc, but saw the 2 seater camo version mentioned on another thread but I think that's the SK37

The Viggen would want seriously up its game, as it has been the most underwhelming display over the last number of years at Bray.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    The Viggen would want seriously up its game, as it has been the most underwhelming display over the last number of years at Bray.

I agree, the Draken was far better a few years ago. All to Bal Saturday at 8pm 123.5 and 122.0

• Advertisement

Rock Solid wrote: »
    It dig a great display for the crew at Bal on its arrival and departure on the Monday morning last year, extremely low over Tallaght

It departed around 11am did a short but low and fast display on Departure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

5500 wrote: »

Its definitely the camo 2seater version

allybhoy wrote: »
    Its definitely the camo 2seater version

That's interesting I think it looks great in those markings, hope it's a decent display this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

That's interesting I think it looks great in those markings, hope it's a decent display this time.

Search flight radar for sedxo that should be the aircraft if my thoughts are right.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Search flight radar for sedxo that should be the aircraft if my thoughts are right.

Dam weather not looking great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I would like to photograph a few planes at Casement this evening, where would be the best vantage point without trying to break in

Please don't try to break in as the Military Police will come and move all plane spotters away. Baldonnel Business Park and Greenouge Business Park be best. I don't think there will be much activity in the evening as generally nothing happens after 4.30pm. Best to come Saturday from 1pm Red Arrows in at 8pm Saturday night.

Viggen is on its way SE-DXO

SE_DXG Saab SK60 just behind him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

If every window in south Dublin doesn't break I'm going to be disappointed.

I'm on the naas road near the longmile road junction, will I see it?

Please don't try to break in as the Military Police will come and move all plane spotters away. .

Jesus no, I would be that stupid
    What about Browns Barn ?

Jesus no, I would be that stupid
    What about Browns Barn ?

Just go the the back of the industrial estate. I'll see you there with all the lads. Red arrows flew right over our heads last year. Great craic.

emo72 wrote: »
    Just go the the back of the industrial estate. I'll see you there with all the lads. Red arrows flew right over our heads last year. Great craic.

Baldonnel Business Park or Greenouge Business Park ?

Baldonnel Business Park or Greenouge Business Park ?

I'd say it's greenogue, just drive in early and and have a gander around. I drove up last time and just followed my nose. Scanning the eastern sky looking for a row of tiny lights, great sight.

viggen decending, probably refuel in uk. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Can I assume that the Saabs will take a similar flight path into Baldonnel than before? I.e. come in north of Dublin, and turn around to come into Baldonnel from the west?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Runway 23 is use at baldonnel today so would assume they will come in from the east, baldonnel business park might be a better option for a picture as it should be overhead there

• Advertisement

Advertisement