Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display team visitors at Baldonnel.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

They carry 7 mins of white smoke and 1 of either red or blue. I suspect no blue and red over the city to avoid controversy. They will however display with red and blue. I suspect a flat display again due cloud tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

They carry 7 mins of white smoke and 1 of either red or blue. I suspect no blue and red over the city to avoid controversy. They will however display with red and blue. I suspect a flat display again due cloud tomorrow.

Interesting. I heard Red1 on the radio to Dublin make comment saying unfortunately they have no smoke. (Must of meant colored smoke)

They weather is looking better than forecast so a fingers crossed they may get to do a full display.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

well what a great show i live in glasnevin and look down on the city and i followed the Red Arrows when the first contacted opps at dub and they were 27 miles w of the isle of man next time i saw them was at the towers 11 aircraft what a sight and when they [turned on the white smoke] well what a sight so they flew on and made left turn i could all 11 aircraft they then contacted Bal tower to confirm 11 a/c to land well i dont know the techi terms but they all [rotated left] to land and thats when my view ended so thanks to the persons that told my how and on what frequencies to follow them and to the Red Arrows for an excellent free show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Keep forgetting how quiet they are on approach - just looked up in time from something I was reading while waiting for them on Butt Bridge to see they had suddenly appeared and started their smoke trails :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

remember op's channel tomorrow not any other!
    https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

As always Kenny great photos

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

xper wrote: »
    11 aircraft seems extravagant since they're only 30 mins from home. Someone must have fancied the jolly.
    The extra aircraft act as spares when away from base and 1 of those carries the Red who does the voiceover at shows. Better to have the reserve on hand than sitting at home.
    I think they had 10 aircraft in 2016. Perhaps more redundancy preferred when on a multi show tour of duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jeepcj

Few photos from Baldonnel this morning
    IMG_20180729_090952.md.jpg
    IMG_20180729_090211.md.jpg
    IMG_20180729_090234.md.jpg
    IMG_20180729_090222.md.jpg
    IMG_20180729_090627.md.jpg
    IMG_20180729_090635.md.jpg
    IMG_20180729_090936.md.jpg
    IMG_20180729_090159.md.jpg
    IMG_20180729_090856.md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Getting out own mini show out here overlooking Baldonnel now, the Patrouille Tranchant just emptied their smoke and all 4 did a full loop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Was hoping there would have been a bit more action over the air field today as in recent years there was, but alas still good to see the aircraft coming in and out and hopefully even more jets next year

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Rock Solid

5500 wrote: »
    Was hoping there would have been a bit more action over the air field today as in recent years there was, but alas still good to see the aircraft coming in and out and hopefully even more jets next year

Was a good show the rain and mist was bad until 3pm goat soaked, Alot of people left, didn't see the Blades or Wildcats, Alot of gaps, Viggen display was cut short by controller don't know why as there was a 5 min gap after it. Reds didn't come back over on route to the UK. Are there any departures tomorrow Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Was a good show the rain and mist was bad until 3pm goat soaked, Alot of people left, didn't see the Blades or Wildcats, Alot of gaps, Viggen display was cut short by controller don't know why as there was a 5 min gap after it. Reds didn't come back over on route to the UK. Are there any departures tomorrow Monday?

The Blades cancelled due weather in the UK also the show was well over when the Reds left for home

Storm 10 wrote: »
    The Blades cancelled due weather in the UK also the show was well over when the Reds left for home

Ok thanks, that explains that, they were great to wait for weather to improve.

Birr airshow on this Monday 6th August. €15 admission in, I don't intend going as most of the acts were at Bray only 5, I believe, Strikemasters in the line up, maybe they will be back to Baldonnel again, anybody going up North for airshows ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

One big difference you'd see at Birr is how close you get to the aircraft, able to meet the crews etc - it's a very different experience to watching planes fly over at a beach.

Advertisement