Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NUIG Spanish Diploma

• 16-07-2018 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone
    I am looking for people who have done this course and can tell me their experience with it.
    I am thinking of doing it this year, as more of a hobby as it interests me and I like the language but if any of you can tell me you have found related work because of this course that would be great to hear.
    I would also like to hear your actual experiences on the course.
    If its not really valuable employment wise would I be better of going to a local spanish class or teaching myself online and saving a lot of money?
    Thanks in advance for your experiences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Connacht15

I am interested in language learning. I spoke to NUIG Language Lecturers during one of their open days about these courses.
    Relative to the other big 3 languages, I would say you would make more progress in Spanish more quickly. However, it is extremely expensive!
    I reckon after 2 years with application, you would probably be about B1 fluent, whereas with the Istituto de Cervantes, studying online, you would probably be B2, but it requires a lot of discipline!
    I haven't signed up.
    And TBH of the 3rd level institutions I have studied with, 3 in all, NUIG was by far, the poorest!

Advertisement