Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling apartment France

Options
  • 16-07-2018 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Iv an apartment in Nice, France - 4 bed, 2 living room, kitchen etc well suited for family holiday home. Anyone know if Irish estate agent have links to French agents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it petrol or diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This was moved from motors buying and selling forum

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

I think you will just have to go through french estate agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

jb73Dub wrote: »
    Iv an apartment in Nice, France - 4 bed, 2 living room, kitchen etc well suited for family holiday home. Anyone know if Irish estate agent have links to French agents?

Do you want to go through an Irish agent due to concerns about communication?
    I’d say in place like Nice you’ll find locally implemented EAs who have English speaking staff and are use to dealing with foreign buyers and sellers.

Also if you want to check local prices by yourself to make sure what your agent tells you makes sense, you can check: https://www.seloger.com/

(to some extend a French equivalent of Daft and MyHome)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭pocketse

Done this with my aunty a couple of years ago. Best thing we done was get on a plane and meet a few people over there. Was on the market for a good while and wasn’t until we got in front of people did we see any movement. Also we learned in France it’s customary to put your apartment for sale with a few different estate agents. You don’t have to stick with one and they wouldn’t expect it. GLWS

pocketse wrote: »
    You don’t have to stick with one and they wouldn’t expect it. GLWS

Just on this: some EAs in France will have a clause in the contract you sign with them saying that for as long as you mandate them to sell the property the have full exclusivity on advertising/selling it. It is not always the case but something to be mindful of if you start talking to several agents.

Advertisement