Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New windows and Doors recommendation

Options
  • 16-07-2018 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

hi
    thinking of replacing our pvc windows and doors as 25 years old and would like to upgrade to a better u value live in ballinteer area . i am looking for recomendations for suppliers bearing in mind good installation and competitive pricing pls . PM me if required, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Are you looking at PVC again or other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

yes, but open to suggetions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Went with -snip- who manufacture and install. They also tidy up the plasterwork and install new window boards.

Many of the others I checked don't do this, the lads are not plasterers, but they're not bad at it, all I had to do was paint afterwards. Check that you're getting window boards too, some companies don't.

I went with aluclads, they're more expensive than PVC if you're considering them. I was very happy with my supplier and they did the whole fitting, including window boards, plastering/finishing. If you want a recommendation for aluclads, let me know and I'll PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Sarn

Could I also get the recommendations PM'ed please? So many permutations and combinations, but like the look of aluclad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 greenasil

Could I please get recommendations PM'ed also?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Howzit17

Could I get rec PM’ed also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

#metoo for pm recommendations ! thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭S'

Could you pm me your recommendations too please

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

We got quotes from several companies to install our upstairs windows, we went with the most competitive quote. They did a fab job, new window boards, plastered around the new install and cleaned up after themselves. We're getting them again now to finish the front of the house and do the front door. We went with triple-glazed dual colour. Can PM their info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭S'

Gatica wrote: »
    We got quotes from several companies to install our upstairs windows, we went with the most competitive quote. They did a fab job, new window boards, plastered around the new install and cleaned up after themselves. We're getting them again now to finish the front of the house and do the front door. We went with triple-glazed dual colour. Can PM their info

Could you pm me please:)

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

Just thought I'd say that perhaps of you're seeking a recommendation, that you could specify whether you're interested in aluclads, wooden, PVC or all types. That means that you'll get recommendations for your preference. I've sent a few PMs regarding aluclad/wooden supplier recommendation and I'm sure others have experience/suggestions for suppliers for other types.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Munster_Fan

Could I please get recommendations PM'ed also?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Could I also be PM'd the recommendations? Looking and getting new windows and doors ourselves. Much appreciated! Thinking composite door and PVC windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Carrickbeg

Don't use Ireland's largest company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

Could I also be PM'd the recommendations please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Carrickbeg wrote: »
    Don't use Ireland's largest company.

Yip, parents got them and the installers used so much silicone and cracked tiles and average plaster job.
    I got another company, very tidy, perfect plaster job and full pvc window boards not little edges.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement