Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal a yellow warning

Options
  • 16-07-2018 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to appeal a yellow card on this thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057862691

I have tried resolving it with the mod but to no avail.

I contest that at any time I was "needlessly aggressive, confrontational, disruptive or trolling."
    If The poster felt stress at being challenged on their contradictory option, I cannot be held responsible for that.

I was quiet politely challenging the OP on their position.

This is the warning
    Dear tatranska,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

I asked the mod to show me where this was the case and the reply I got was
    All of it.

Below are the PM's between us
    Dear tatranska,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Joeytheparrot
    Originally Posted by tatranska
    Hi Joey

Can you please explain what part of my post was confrontational, disruptive or stressful?
    I'm at a loss to see how a question in relation to multiple questions can fall into any of these categories.
    Thanks
    Tatranska
    All of it. You were deliberately trying trying to get a rise out of jtf which is clear trolling.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tatranska
    I'm sorry, but nothing is clear. Jack made the claim the transgender were being discriminated against by heterosexuals playing transgender parts. He claimed it was wrong and yet it was ok for transgender people to play non trans roles.
    I pointed out the hypocrisy of that position.
    How is that trolling or anything else ?I pointed out the contradiction of the position he holds.

It seems to me that Jack is just at his usual game of playing the victim with anyone that dares to question his hypothesis.
    I would like the warning to be removed from my account or proof that I was doing what you claimed.
    Just saying I was doing something isn't proof of anything...sorry!

Joey: No

I am not removing it. You were goading her. It was clear trolling.

I would appreciate if this could be reviewed.Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry for the delay

I note you have attempted to resolve this directly with the mod, so I'll alert the CMods to this appeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Beasty wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay

I note you have attempted to resolve this directly with the mod, so I'll alert the CMods to this appeal

Thanks Beasty, appreciate your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Hi tatranska, I will take a look at this. I won't have a chance today but I will try on Saturday.

You might assist me by confirming that you have posted up all of the relevant PMs with Joey. If there is anything else of relevance, please post that up on the thread.

Hi tatranska, I will take a look at this. I won't have a chance today but I will try on Saturday.

You might assist me by confirming that you have posted up all of the relevant PMs with Joey. If there is anything else of relevance, please post that up on the thread.

Hi Pat

No panic on this.
    I'll double check this evening but I think everything is posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Okay, I'm coming back here on the DRP.

I saw your exchange with the other poster on the thread.

The post for which you received a yellow card was on the sharp side:
    Was it too complicated for you?

In the overall circumstances of what happened on the thread, I consider that post to be borderline, as regards whether a yellow should have been given. The post was a bit snarky, I thought. That said, I can see how another poster's position and/or posting style would have seemed unreasonable and may have provoked a response.

I cannot fault the moderator Joey, who did a very good job to keep order on the thread, given the circumstances.

Because the card was borderline, it is not easy to come down one way or the other and it is for that reason that the benefit of the doubt is given.

Yellow card lifted.

• Advertisement

Okay, I'm coming back here on the DRP.

I saw your exchange with the other poster on the thread.

The post for which you received a yellow card was on the sharp side:

In the overall circumstances of what happened on the thread, I consider that post to be borderline, as regards whether a yellow should have been given. The post was a bit snarky, I thought. That said, I can see how another poster's position and/or posting style would have seemed unreasonable and may have provoked a response.

I cannot fault the moderator Joey, who did a very good job to keep order on the thread, given the circumstances.

Because the card was borderline, it is not easy to come down one way or the other and it is for that reason that the benefit of the doubt is given.

Yellow card lifted.
    Thanks Pat
    I didn't think it was particularly snarky but I can see how it might read.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement