Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bianchi Via Nirone

Options
  • 16-07-2018 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

So I am doing the whole B2W thing and I'm a bit torn regarding my options.

I currently have a Rose Pro SL2000 105 and I love it.

I'd like to stay with an aluminium bike and at least 105 groupset.

My local bike shop stocks Bianchi and Cannondale (amongst others)

The guy was pitching a CAAD12 105 disc for 1680euro but I also have been looking at the Bianchi Via Nirone.

It is available in 105 or Xenon groupset. Personally I think the Bianchi is gorgeous albeit a bit heavy. However it is only 1399euro.

Am I mental in thinking of going for the Bianchi over the CAAD12?

I'm more of a club spin, sportive kind of guy and prefer climbing over sprinting. I was thinking I could upgrade the wheels on the Bianchi and a few other bits over the next year.

Haven't really seen anything else out there that grabs my eye to be honest although another shop nearby has a Ridley Fenix Carbon 105 that did look amazing...despite my reluctance for carbon and disc brakes.

The Bianchi is sexy though...:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

Get the Bianchi. I wanted a Bianchi for years, got one last year (2017 Impulso 105 disc) and am very happy with it. You will be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

I have a bianchi impulso. Aluminum frame. Campagnolo veloce group set. Have it 4 years now and it's a fantastic bike. Highly recommend. Several clubmate ride buanchis (carbon and aluminum) and there all happy with them. Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

The Bianchi Via Nirone is a beautiful looking bike alright. I have one and am very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭ratracer

You like the look of the Bianchi....
    You don’t want disk brakes...
    Of course the shop is going to try flog you the higher price bike! I’d say your mind is already made up.

What’s the weight difference of the two? And is that a key factor for you? When it comes to weight of a bike/components I always come back this —— the second bottle on your frame (700ml) weighs >700gms. Leave it off if your that concerned about it!!

Go with the bike that will make you happy, then enjoy pedalling it!!

• Advertisement

The Bianchi is heavier but I intend to stick new wheels on it anyway (most of the weight are the wheels)

To be honest I find the CAAD12 to be fugly as sin, despite being a great bike.

I guess I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything crazy by going for the Bianchi

Now I have to decide between Shimano 105 and Xenon

I know Shimano is almost sacrilege on a Bianchi but I like the idea of being able to swap wheels with my Rose which is also 105

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

If your rose is 11 speed and the Bianchi is too you should be able to swap no bother, differences in the chain widths is tiny and no real issues running a campy cassette on Shimano anymore, I use an 11 speed campy disc with my TT bike that has Shimano Ultegra 11 speed and no issues.

Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

As long as the bianchi is celeste...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

fat bloke wrote: »

Wooooooooah! Hang on a second!
    456021.jpg

It's in Celeste don't worry

7fe0c186-0570-4f68-bdd4-818b85b09f07

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but I personally can't see how the CAAD12 can be considered fugly next to either of those Bianchi. But it's your money and you buy with your eyes as much as anything else. The geometry of both bikes is also very different with the Caad being much longer and lower across all the sizes - more aggressive position. That's something to take into account much more than the colour scheme.

This just doesn't really do it for me

C13358M2048.jpg

It reminds me of the old raleigh I had as a kid. I know it is a fantastic bike but...meh

Wooooooooah! Hang on a second!
    456021.jpg

That's actually growing on me...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That's actually growing on me...

Yeah, it is nice in fairness :). I certainly don't like it in the red and black though.

To throw the spanner back m the works, I'd get a caad12 non disc if it was me. All the magazines and reviewers and riders can't be bullsh1tting and they've been lauding the caad12 for three years straight now

All cannondale bikes look a lot better in person than in their photo's too, but go with which ever one you prefer, more likely to use it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

I have a couple of Bianchis (old patani replica and a singlespeed) and like them but have ridden a via nirone and wasn't too impressed to be honest, felt heavy and dull. There's no question the caad 12 is the much better bike of the two but if you don't like the look of it you'll never be completely happy with it though. Would you consider looking into any other models?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

If you want a nice Italian bike that's as heavy as old boots, get the Bianchi.
    If you want the best Alu bike ever made and something that would piss all over most carbon bikes up to 2000 Euro or more, get the Caad 12.

As Joey100 said, they look much better in person.
    I've mine a few months now, and i've yet to notice any flex out of the frame.
    I switched the wheels from the Aksiums to Zonda's and i'm very happy with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhV0DjteqII

• Advertisement

I have a couple of Bianchis (old patani replica and a singlespeed) and like them but have ridden a via nirone and wasn't too impressed to be honest, felt heavy and dull. There's no question the caad 12 is the much better bike of the two but if you don't like the look of it you'll never be completely happy with it though. Would you consider looking into any other models?

Actually I would, what with 2019 bikes arriving soon.

In Limerick so looking at what's on offer in The Hub and Raw Cycles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If you want a nice Italian bike that's as heavy as old boots, get the Bianchi.
    If you want the best Alu bike ever made and something that would piss all over most carbon bikes up to 2000 Euro or more, get the Caad 12.

As Joey100 said, they look much better in person.
    I've mine a few months now, and i've yet to notice any flex out of the frame.
    I switched the wheels from the Aksiums to Zonda's and i'm very happy with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhV0DjteqII

Have they fixed the issues so many people have with bb30?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

tuxy wrote: »
    Have they fixed the issues so many people have with bb30?

At least you can mount adaptor if unlucky but dull riding bike cannot be fixed easily. I have bikes where I expect performance as prio and other bikes where performance is second to visuals but I would never go by paint scheme only otherwise I would own some ekhem... piece of metal tho.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

every time i see this thread title, it reads as someone asking for directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

fat bloke wrote: »

No..there's are some really nice Bianchi's out there: https://www.facebook.com/Humphries-Cycles-450812244967380/?ref=br_rs

So...I took another look at a Ridley Fenix Carbon 105 yesterday and really liked it. Reduced from 1799 to 1400.

Carbon wasn't my first choice but it's a beautiful bike

103442-378420_1_Zoom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

So...I took another look at a Ridley Fenix Carbon 105 yesterday and really liked it. Reduced from 1799 to 1400.

Carbon wasn't my first choice but it's a beautiful bike

103442-378420_1_Zoom.jpg

Where did you see reduced? Online or instore around Limerick?

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Where did you see reduced? Online or instore around Limerick?

Raw Cycles - they are doing deals on Ridley at the moment

Advertisement