Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nixonbot

Options
  • 17-07-2018 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

I wish to appeal my ban in after hours.

It was not my intention to post in a provocative fashion.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you?

I told him that I wanted to appeal the ban.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, let me put it differently.

Have you actively attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

Have you engaged with the mod beyond telling them you wish to appeal? Are you clear as to the reasons for the ban?

Do you accept you fell foul of forum or site rules?

These are all the sot of things you should be discussing with the mod ahead of starting a thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, let me put it differently.

Have you actively attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

Have you engaged with the mod beyond telling them you wish to appeal? Are you clear as to the reasons for the ban?

Do you accept you fell foul of forum or site rules?

These are all the sot of things you should be discussing with the mod ahead of starting a thread here

He sent me this PM when he Banned me. It doesn't look like he wants to discuss the issue further.
    Talked it over, no point in getting rid of you for a few months. You're not welcome here.
    I'm not sure what rule I fell foul of for posting my comments about a news link.

It seems I was only banned because certain users don't like me.

There is an automatic PM sent whenever a card or ban is issued.

Please discuss this directly with the mod. I am sure he can explain the reasons for the ban. You can attempt to reach a compromise, or indeed after discussion with the mods you may decide not to pursue your appeal

Your appeal will not be dealt with here until you have made a genuine attempt to resolve it directly with the mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement