Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-pay top up.

Options
  • 17-07-2018 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I bought my recently widowed Mother her first mobile phone. She wanted something easy to use, and good value. She definitely did not want a smartphone, so after discussing her options, she decided to go with the your €10 a month top up for unlimited use.

Sunday was her first top up due date. I called the top up service to do it for her, and used my credit card for payment. I requested to top up by €10, yet €20 was charged to my card.

I have tried to call in from my phone, but because I am not a eir customer, I get my provider's top up service instead. I cannot use the online chat facility, as I am not the account holder. What can I do? Should I just request a chargeback on my card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Cupra280 wrote: »
    I bought my recently widowed Mother her first mobile phone. She wanted something easy to use, and good value. She definitely did not want a smartphone, so after discussing her options, she decided to go with the your €10 a month top up for unlimited use.

Sunday was her first top up due date. I called the top up service to do it for her, and used my credit card for payment. I requested to top up by €10, yet €20 was charged to my card.

I have tried to call in from my phone, but because I am not a eir customer, I get my provider's top up service instead. I cannot use the online chat facility, as I am not the account holder. What can I do? Should I just request a chargeback on my card?
    Hi Cupra280 ,

The additional €10 will automatically re active the same plan next month.

Alternative your mother would have to call into our support team from her own phone to have this looked into further.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

if you tried to access top up service for your mother from your own phone, then the top service you would have contacted would be fot your provider and not your mothers.

You would need to contact your own provider for refund as your mothers number would not be on your providers network for credit to be applied.

It would be like me trying to use my tesco cludcard to collect points for shopping i did in supervalue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It's better to transfer via online banking than credit card.

Better again (although more effort) to buy a top up voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

Hi Cupra280 ,

Alternative your mother would have to call into our support team from her own phone to have this looked into further.

Thanks

Thomas
    Thank you Thomas.
    That makes sense.

Does this mean that there is now a standing charge on my card?

Hi Cupra280 ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Thank you Thomas.
    That makes sense.

Does this mean that there is now a standing charge on my card?
    No this does not mean there is now a standing charge, as long as it was a once off top up via online banking.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

Thanks again Thomas.

Thanks again Thomas.
    No problem at all, I'm happy I could help.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement