Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wasps nest .

• 17-07-2018 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I have a wasp nest in my boiler house shed , has anyone any suggestions to removing it .

I don't necessarily want to burn the shed down because , ya know , the oil burner is in it , but all suggestions will be considered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

I have a wasp nest in my boiler house shed , has anyone any suggestions to removing it .

I don't necessarily want to burn the shed down because , ya know , the oil burner is in it , but all suggestions will be considered.

Blast it with piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nuke it from space. Might destroy the house as well, but then you'll no longer require the oil burner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Offer the wasps some free social housing in a nice location and throw in the dole and a bit of children's allowance and I'm sure they'll be happy to move.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Shove a stick through it, hold it up high, and run towards water. Fling the stick away just before you jump into water. Stay there till they all fly away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I think the only solution here is to get a flamethrower and burn your entire house and shed down, then build a massive 20 ft wall around the remaining lot, with a roof, obviously. Then what you'll want to do is move far away, at least half way across the world, but not Australia or Japan cause the f*ckers are even bigger then. After doing that, I'd suggest buying a small, well protected, sealed house and locking yourself in there for the rest of your life.

Stay safe, stay protected, and f*ck wasps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Offer the wasps some free social housing in a nice location and throw in the dole and a bit of children's allowance and I'm sure they'll be happy to move.

Ok , yeah , would I need a wasp trampoline ?

Some good replies so far . I like the flamethrower idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

beertons wrote: »
    Shove a stick through it, hold it up high, and run towards water. Fling the stick away just before you jump into water. Stay there till they all fly away.

Correct, But you forgot to cover yourself in jam first, top tip.

Ok , yeah , would I need a wasp trampoline ?

That's the deal-maker.

• Advertisement

septictank wrote: »
    Correct, But you forgot to cover yourself in jam first, top tip.

Strawberry ok ? Or would honey be better ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

beertons wrote: »

If jumping into the kids paddling pool, or your ornamental pond, make sure you filled it from a bucket, not the hose pipe.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭victor8600

If it is a large nest, buy a life insurance before trying to remove the nest. A flamethrower is a dangerous thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Call a beekeeper to get it disposed of safely

That's crazy talk. GTFO.

None of your safety talk round here.

The Honey Runs, I find coarse cut Marmalade the best, put plenty round the rim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

None of your safety talk round here.

Ok, Call the Israeli embassy and tell them there is a Hamas/Red Army faction being run out of a wasps hive in your back yard...... that will sort them out.

I have a friend who's son is doing his service in the Israeli army , I was thinking about asking about some stun grenades.

septictank wrote: »
    The Honey Runs, I find coarse cut Marmalade the best, put plenty round the rim.

The rim of what ?
    My arse ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I have a friend who's son is doing his service in the Israeli army , I was thinking about asking about some stun grenades.

Tell him there are some Palestinian kids happily playing in the shed. The wasp problem will soon be solved.

A sarcophagus is your only solution here.

S3xs9k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Sprinkle with white pepper.
    They'll sneeze and bash their heads , killing themselves. Oxo

I am a beekeeper, please do not call me. Removing bees is done slowly and carefully. With wasps you need stun grenades to kill them before they kill you. A beekeeping suit does not give enough protection against wasps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Can of expanding foam and pay them a night time visit op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Buy a tin of wasp nest spray in woodies.

Give it a good spraying and that will be he end of it.

Did one last summer, no big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Just leave it, if it's not causing any major problems. Wasps die off quick enough when it gets cold. So in winter, you should be able to clean it out and seal up. Wasps nests are amazing constructions in themselves. Live and let live etc.

victor8600 wrote: »
    I am a beekeeper, please do not call me. Removing bees is done slowly and carefully. With wasps you need stun grenades to kill them before they kill you. A beekeeping suit does not give enough protection against wasps.

Input from expert , good , thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

The 'Window Cleaner' reference is an industry 'in joke' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

^^^ did a more sucessfull version of this years back.

Be sure to stomp the sh1t out of the bag and in the bin with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Big bucket of soapy water op ... guaranteed this works

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Just leave it, if it's not causing any major problems. Wasps die off quick enough when it gets cold. So in winter, you should be able to clean it out and seal up. Wasps nests are amazing constructions in themselves. Live and let live etc.[/Q

Typical Anti-Brexit attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

Bats eat wasps. So get a load of bats and lock them in your shed for a couple of days and that should sort your wasp problem. Then make another thread here, on how to get bats out of your shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

9aFA.gif

Yester wrote: »
    Bats eat wasps. So get a load of bats and lock them in your shed for a couple of days and that should sort your wasp problem. Then make another thread here, on how to get bats out of your shed.

Now your talking, not in work until 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yester wrote: »

There may be a problem with getting bats out as they and their roosts are protected in law ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

IgmJ.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Just leave it, if it's not causing any major problems. Wasps die off quick enough when it gets cold. So in winter, you should be able to clean it out and seal up. Wasps nests are amazing constructions in themselves. Live and let live etc.

In August the wasps will have finished their summer work and will fly around drunk and looking for fights.

A can of wasp spray is about 6 yo yo, spray the **** out of them and run away very fast. Do it at night or very early in the morning while they are asleep.

In August the wasps will have finished their summer work and will fly around drunk and looking for fights.

A can of wasp spray is about 6 yo yo, spray the **** out of them and run away very fast. Do it at night or very early in the morning while they are asleep.

How will I know they're asleep , do they wear pyjamas also I have previous with drunk wasps at a bottle bank.

Flying nazi bastard's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

How will I know they're asleep , do they wear pyjamas also I have previous with drunk wasps at a bottle bank.

Flying nazi bastard's.

When it goes dark they sleep...especially the drunk ones.. And when they sleep they stop buzzing and snore instead .. Cover yourself though..

I once saw some wasps starting to invade my attic space. Zapped them with fly/wasp spray and they went

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Easy
    Forward on this thread and they will piss themselves laughing at all the hilarious answers and they will all drown
    Thank me later
    /thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

SIk05.png

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

You are missing a trick OP.

You could make a fortune from influencers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bob Harris wrote: »

What if the social house isn't near their mam's house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Poke it with a stick.

Don't wear any clothes during the poking process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If it's small enough to cover with a plastic bag just go in after dark, put the bag over the nest, seal it around the top of the nest as best you can, pull the nest away, tighten the seal, put all in another bag and either burn it, crush it, or just leave it aside for a few days until the wasps are dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The rim of what ?
    My arse ?

I generally find that if you're marmalading your arse, it's a safe bet that you should go home and sleep it off!
    Graces7 wrote: »

I once saw some wasps starting to invade my attic space. Zapped them with fly/wasp spray and they went

Cracking story. Should be on the big screen:D

Thanks all , the usual high standards in replies.

I've had a look it seems to the size of telephone book in between a dryer and wall.

The best option would be to demolish the shed

If I'm alive , I may do updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thanks all , the usual high standards in replies.

I've had a look it seems to the size of telephone book in between a dryer and wall.

The best option would be to demolish the shed

what you need to do is go up to the nest, find the biggest wasp you can and punch it in the head. the rest of the wasps wont go near you after that.

Get the pictures before and after please. Either of the nest, or your face, or both ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement