Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Responsible behaviour from garda?

• 17-07-2018 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭

Ive just witnessed a garda, in uniform, letting a kid (roughly 5/6yrs) sit on his lap driving around estate.
    Good example setting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

You already know the answer to this so why are you even asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Oh my god, the horror :eek::eek:

Ive just witnessed a garda, in uniform, letting a kid (roughly 5/6yrs) sit on his lap driving around estate.

Obviously a Pedophile. Down with the Gardai!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Building community relations, good on that Garda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

That kid will probably grow up to respect the guards now and may realise they are not all pricks. Good to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ask him if you can have a go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I've definitely never done anything like that😒🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Good example setting?

Probably a country garda that needs a bit of help at the homeplace for the silage this year and is doing tryouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Good example setting?

Context is important.
    Was the kid lost?
    Did the kid see something or needed to identify someone to the guard?
    Was it his son?
    Was the guard with another guard?

It'll do good long term. The friendlier the kids are with Gardai now, the less likely they are to abuse them and become little scummers later.

I'd encourage this kinda thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus I can't wait to be offended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

You're probably just jealous it wasn't you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Foolish garda.if something happened to the kid he'd be fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Had the Garda an erection?

If not, tis grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

God help the poor kid when he goes to sit his driving test and fails for sitting on the instructors lap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Foolish garda.if something happened to the kid he'd be fecked.

This attitude is what has society crumbling at the moment. If something happened it would be an accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I used to live beside a well known RTE sports presenter, he used to let one of us sit on the bonnet and 2 in the boot and drive through the estate.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Perfectly reasonable; when I was younger one lucky friend had a well known BBC presenter fix it for her to milk a sausage while blindfolded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Joyrider in my estate put a kid, roughly 5/6 years old, on his lap and drove him around the estate!
    A pillar of society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Was the guard with another guard?

Could be, the height restriction for recruits is gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Good example setting?

Oh jeebus Christ that's the most shocking thing I've read in the last 2 minutes, you should ring the guards....no wait...emmm....Oh I know, get a life and mind your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I think it's a disgrace, abusing the uniform like that. I can never get the kids in my neighourhood to sit on my lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

what a boring topic of discussion!

the end is nigh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

When I was younger, my friend's dad (a Garda inspector) used to put his car into drive (it was automatic, so it 'crept' along at walking pace) and walk alongside it while we sat in the back. Other times, he used to fold his arms and force whoever was in the passenger seat to take over the steering. It was like a game of chicken - if the passenger refused, I always got the impression that he would have allowed the car to crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

what a boring topic of discussion!

the end is nigh!!

Twas well dead until you dug it up.

Advertisement