Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi calling on non eir phone

Options
  • 17-07-2018 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

Hello eir.

I see a link posted by yourselves on another thread in relation to the above, but it is not working.

I have a small business account with all eir handsets bar my own S6 edge+ which I bought used in the UK as a vanilla handset without any carrier firmware. It's on android 7.

Do I really have to send my handset off to the company that doesn't answer it's phone in order to get my phone working ? 

Anyone know if self flashing using Odin and samfirmware is straightforward enough for a reasonably tech savvy person ? 

Thank you.
    Ken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

E39MSport wrote: »
    Hello eir.

I see a link posted by yourselves on another thread in relation to the above, but it is not working.

I have a small business account with all eir handsets bar my own S6 edge+ which I bought used in the UK as a vanilla handset without any carrier firmware. It's on android 7.

Do I really have to send my handset off to the company that doesn't answer it's phone in order to get my phone working ? 

Anyone know if self flashing using Odin and samfirmware is straightforward enough for a reasonably tech savvy person ? 

Thank you.
    Ken
    Hi E39MSport ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

For information. There is no solution to this I have been informed off thread. Thanks for honesty and info eir.

I've researched odin and found firmware for my handset on samfirmware.

Think I'll go ahead and try that. Will post back.
    Hi E39MSport ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement