Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text from TescoBank re CC

• 17-07-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭

Just got a test from TescoBank saying that due to industry wide fraud prevention measures, they are issuing me with a new credit card and that I cant use my existing card for 5-7 days until my new one arrives. Anyone else get this? Anyone know whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I got the same text and phoned them as I am out of the country on holiday. They would not give me details. I told them I was on holiday and no card is a massive inconvenience. He apologised and said there is nothing he could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭homer911

Perhaps should have rung Tesco before posting, looks like an internet site has reported a data breach and various card companies are cancelling cards as a precaution...

I'm just back from holiday so glad it wasn't a few days earlier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

homer911 wrote: »
    Perhaps should have rung Tesco before posting, looks like an internet site has reported a data breach and various card companies are cancelling cards as a precaution...

I'm just back from holiday so glad it wasn't a few days earlier!

I wonder if this is Ticketmaster related or something different. Very poor to lose access to facility for possibly over a week so it must be urgent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I got this too and thought the text was spam but sure enough the card is not working at all. What a joke... esp when in 1 mth the card is being replaced again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This happens from time to time with any credit card. Its more related to where you have used the card, rather than the card provider itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I wonder if they are going to send a new Tesco card or if it's going directly to Avant giving that it's very near to the account handover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

homer911 wrote: »
    Just got a test from TescoBank saying that due to industry wide fraud prevention measures, they are issuing me with a new credit card and that I cant use my existing card for 5-7 days until my new one arrives. Anyone else get this? Anyone know whats going on?

I received a letter last wednesday (August), stating the same thing - the letter was dated 17th July though! It says that i will be sent a replacement tesco card this week which i can continue to use until the new avantcard is issued, but i can still use the old card until the replacement arrives:confused:

Now, until i phone them in the morning, i don't know whether the letter was dated wrong and my replacement card is due any day now, or whether they sent the letter in july and it got "delayed" as has happened many times with any correspondence/statements from Tesco in the past, and my replacement card has suffered the same fate! Funny that it is only mail from Tesco i ever seem to have problems with!

UPDATE: There was a review put on my account in July(Along with about 500 other customers in Ireland), but it came back with no issue, so they didn't send a replacement card. Letter must have been issued before they reviewed my account. At least i don't have to go through the hassle of changing payment details on a few websites now, just before we are due to receive our Avantcard at the end of the month and change the details a second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

I got the same letter and no card arrived.
    Whats the point in issuing a new card when the old one can still be used.
    It's either safe to use or not.

Advertisement