Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottom Bracket for Rose Bike

Options
  • 17-07-2018 2:09pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Rose CRS3100, looks like the bottom bracket for it has gone. when i was buying a power meter a few years back i emailed rose asking what BB was on it, i got the following in reply

We have equipped this BB cups:
    989169 SHIMANO bottom bracket cups BB91 road bike for BB90 bottom bracket tube

looking for bb91 on crc or wiggle brings up mtb bottom bracket.

at this point i'm not sure is it a BB90 or BB91 bottom bracket i need, i had thought bb90/91 and 92 were very similar

anyone know what i need to get to replace it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Give it a wipe and the model number should be on it.
    Mountain bike BB can be used on road bikes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

cheers, it's SM-BB91-41, now at least i can order the replacement. will have to get a press as well to get the new ones in, pretty sure i can get the current ones out with an allen key and a hammer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have a BB remover tool if you get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Rose bikes also do a pretty decent toolkit for around €50

CramCycle wrote: »
    I have a BB remover tool if you get stuck.

cheers, i'm down in E.Clare though so a bit of a trek, appreciate it though

Effects wrote: »
    Rose bikes also do a pretty decent toolkit for around €50

thanks. will have a look, have most bits though so might be easier to just pick up the individual bit, also don't want to wait for shipping from germany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

I tried various home-made approaches to removing and installing my press-fit BB (also on a Rose road bike), before realising that it was virtually impossible without the right tools for the job. So I ended up buying a proper removal tool and press.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I tried various home-made approaches to removing and installing my press-fit BB (also on a Rose road bike), before realising that it was virtually impossible without the right tools for the job. So I ended up buying a proper removal tool and press.

I bought the removal tool for about 30quid. it came with cups to hold the bracket for installation as well but no press, but i made the press quite easily for under a tenner with a threaded rod, some washers and some nuts.

happy to lend it to anyone nearby (sorry mossym)

You could definitely install (with the threaded rod, nuts and washers) and remove (Hammer and screwdriver) without the tool but it runs the risk of denting the frame or doing other damage, but with care is taken should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

quick update, i changed the bottom bracket, and still had some play. the whole bottom bracket was moving around in the frame, looked like the frame had expanded or something. anyway, contacted Rose, they said ship it back, and they are now replacing the frame under warranty, not bad given i had used up 5 years 8 months of the 6 years warranty.

hats off to Rose, excellent customer service. i have to pay a bit to replace some worn parts but will be getting back an almost new bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

mossym wrote: »
    quick update, i changed the bottom bracket, and still had some play. the whole bottom bracket was moving around in the frame, looked like the frame had expanded or something. anyway, contacted Rose, they said ship it back, and they are now replacing the frame under warranty, not bad given i had used up 5 years 8 months of the 6 years warranty.

hats off to Rose, excellent customer service. i have to pay a bit to replace some worn parts but will be getting back an almost new bike.

That’s good to hear. I had no quibbles from them with replacing a seat post- that I didn’t even realize was covered by a warranty until they told me. Must keep an eye on my purchase date to keep within the warranty now....(if problems occur)

• Advertisement

result...need to put back in the crankset and get a chain on, fix saddle position but apart from that good to go

in fari ness to rse they even shipped me back the wheels they said were worn out, and the bits they took off. wheel will be handy as a front wheel for the race bike on the turbo for the winter. althoug h as they are a set of kysriums i might look at replacing the rims if possible

20180927_075917_zpsfdnhei8b.jpg

Advertisement