Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish 3/4 marathon 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Signed up today. Hopefully I make the start line this time. Had to pull out because of injury last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Signed up few weeks back. Using it as a LSR before DCM. Looking forward to it, have heard great things!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

Sold out now

RedRunner wrote: »
    Signed up today. Hopefully I make the start line this time. Had to pull out because of injury last year.

Another one bites the dust unfortunately due to injury...have transferred my entry (legally). Maybe next year! Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mogrump

Hi

If anyone has a spare entry that they no longer need and are willing to transfer via the transfer facility please let me know.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Redrunner, are you doing a marathon?

Mogrump wrote: »
    Hi

If anyone has a spare entry that they no longer need and are willing to transfer via the transfer facility please let me know.

Thanks

Apparently on the facebook group and page, people are selling numbers (it's free & more importantly allowed, to transfer a name to someone else for the next week or so).

Pink11 wrote: »

Apparently on the facebook group and page, people are selling numbers (it's free & more importantly allowed, to transfer a name to someone else for the next week or so).

Thanks - (un)fortunately I’m not on Facebook but will see what can be done!

Thanks - (un)fortunately I’m not on Facebook but will see what can be done!

I'll ask around and PM you if I find someone who wants to sell.

I'll ask around and PM you if I find someone who wants to sell.

Thanks a lot for that, appreciate it

Thanks a lot for that, appreciate it

Got a place for you, I’ve sent a pm!

• Advertisement

Nope. Have to rule that out too. With a bit of luck might be successful in London ballot and i'll have a Spring Target then. In meantime, it's repair and strengthen mode!

RedRunner wrote: »
    Nope. Have to rule that out too. With a bit of luck might be successful in London ballot and i'll have a Spring Target then. In meantime, it's repair and strengthen mode!

Sorry to hear that.

Rome 2019 marathon (April) are also taking places at the mo if London falls through for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I have an entry but can't make it. Name changes can still be done so let me know if you would like it.

sold :cool:

Anyone else need an entry? Pm me. Another girl I know has to pull out due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I am searching for a lift there & back on Sunday. I am living in Dublin 7 [but can travel beyond there if needed etc]

I am searching for a lift there & back on Sunday. I am living in Dublin 7 [but can travel beyond there if needed etc]

I'm getting bus to Enfield from Dub city centre (35 mins) and have a taxi pre booked to pick me & a friend when we arrive & bring us to start line in Longwood. You're more than welcome to join us.

I might well take you up on that Pink - as no other options at all have opened themselves up to me!

Your PM box is full!

Empty now, 800 or so PM's - a legacy of all manner of ****e PM's from far too many years on boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

great event again today.Are results up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Enjoyable race - well organised, nice and flat as a DCM prep. Why the Tayto sandwiches though? I realise the Meath connection but surely there could be a protein alternative (chicken, ham, egg, tuna), an equally, if not more, important element in recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Found it a bit tougher than last year, could have done without the wind (or maybe I'm just getting older & slower!). Agree with you about the crisp sandwiches, I just left them & got something on the way home. The new start at the bottom of the GAA pitch was interesting, bit of grass running to kick off.

As always the highlight for me is the DJ, he has more energy that most of the runners I'd bet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Very good event, extremely well run. Only hiccup was a 5 minute delay at the start (Garda requested). Markers every km and mile, well signposted and marshalled, good water stations. Found the crisp sandwiches a treat myself!

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Yevon wrote: »
    What's the story with the tshirts lads? They only had small sizes left by the time I got there at 9.25. I didn't get one. Bit annoying given that we had to chose the t-shirt size when we applied there's no real excuse for running out. Wonder if I emailed them is there any chance of getting one...

The organiser is a gent, email him, if he has T-shirt’s he’ll get you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Yevon wrote: »
    What's the story with the tshirts lads? They only had small sizes left by the time I got there at 9.25. I didn't get one. Bit annoying given that we had to chose the t-shirt size when we applied there's no real excuse for running out. Wonder if I emailed them is there any chance of getting one...
    Actually, that was my one complaint. But bizarrely, the opposite :confused: I was there shortly after 9, told me they had no small :confused:

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

Great event and very well organised. Have done this race multiple times. Only gripe is the t-shirt. Arrived at registration at 9:20 and only small and x-large tshirts left. Considering the t-shirt size was marked on your number really should not have ran out of t-shirt sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Was getting a bit worried about the t-shirt sizing after reading that but tried it on this morning & it's fine. Recently dropped the Charleville half top into a charity shop as it was a bit too figure hugging for my liking :)

Advertisement