Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AnPost courier says my parcel has been delivered but I never received it

Options
  • 17-07-2018 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I ordered a parcel back in April, and it never arrived when it said it would. After waiting a week or so I checked the tracking and it said it had been delivered - but I never received it. I got in touch with the retailer & AnPost (it took 3 months for AnPost to get back to the retailer about the issue) and they said it was delivered and sent on the delivery docket with a signature on it. The docket has initials as the name - not my initials or anyone in my families, or neighbours, for that matter, as well as a delivery time and a signature which is literally just a scribble so impossible to make out who signed for it. They are adament that they can’t do anything as it’s been delivered, but it hasn’t and I don’t know what to do next. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Your contract is with the retailer, not An Post. Technically, An Post shouldn't even be talking to you as their contract is with the retailer. Tell the retailer you haven't received the item, and leave them to argue with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Aacaldwell wrote: »
    They are adament that they can’t do anything as it’s been delivered, but it hasn’t and I don’t know what to do next. Any suggestions?

When you say "They", do you mean the retailer or An Post? Ignore An Post, as you have no contract with them. If "they" refers to the retailer, then they do have to prove that it was delivered to you, and someone else's signature is not proof of this. If they won't refund, and you paid by credit/debit card, then contact the bank about a chargeback for non receipt of goods.

Advertisement