Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your body care routine

• 17-07-2018 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

Just wondering what your routines are? I want to get into a better routine, at tell moment I don't shave unless I have to, and barely ever body moisturise.
    Just wondering what you ladies do on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to feel your best?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Just wondering what your routines are? I want to get into a better routine, at tell moment I don't shave unless I have to, and barely ever body moisturise.
    Just wondering what you ladies do on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to feel your best?

Hey. I use day and night cream everyday and wash my face each night. I try to use eye cream where I can as well and I feel it's making a big difference to my skin. I try to moisturise after a shower and often using shower mist etc when I get out. Getting into the habit of using a good cream and washing your face can make a big difference. I definitely think one make-up free day a week can make a big difference. I try to do it on Sundays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I have a nice real soap in the shower... and I use a body oil.
    Get a wax every 6 weeks or so. That's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Well, I am one of those ones who believe that you dont need to shower every day.

I have 3 "big" showers a week. Usually a Tuesday morning, Thursday morning, and a Saturday morning (and if I know am not up to much, Ill even leave it till a sunday).

In those showers, I wash hair (twice) and condition. Wash/scrub toes. Shave legs/pits. Wash body with a really lovely/luxurious shower gel and mitts.

Face care is Clarins water on a cotton pad and mosituriser with SPF. I dont wear make up (maybe some mascara).

Sin e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I shower every morning - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, facial scrub. Shave my armpits every day and my legs every 2 or 3 days.

I have no night-time facial routine or anything like that, but I rarely wear makeup.

I'm not one for moisturising, except for my hands in winter because they tend to get dry and cracked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I use a toner in the morning, serum and face cream. Have a shower in the evenings during which I just wash my face with water (rarely use makeup), then I use body lotion or body butter and night cream. I have dry skin, if I don't moisturize regularly it gets red and flaky so I have to keep up a good routine. I shave armpits every day, legs maybe once a week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Bought a venus razor which self lathers/oils, do legs and armpits in shower every second day. Use Lush face scrub before shower, moisturise after shower. That's about it.

These days I'm using a body butter on the baby bump too, trying to hold off any stretch marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Shower daily and use a body moisturiser. Wax my brows once a month. Use moisturiser and a face serum daily and retinol two to three times a week. Hair cut/colour every two months which has to be done. Pedicure every 6 weeks during the summer, less in the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I shower most days. Exfoliatiate twice a week (maybe 3). Moisturize after every shower. Wash my hair 3/4 times a week.

Face mask twice a week. Skincare would generally be;
    Cleanse, tone, serum, eye cream and moisturizer.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Shower once every 48h (I don't think that in cooler climates every day is necessary) wash hair and use a hair mask or conditioner. Shave legs and other areas, scrub, use my favorite body wash and moisturize when done. Use a facial mask every week, tweek my eyebrows and use a moisturizer for my face. I get a massage each week (more so for medical reasons but it's nice nonetheless). That's about it, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Shower every morning, shave legs and pits, exfoliate a few times a week, wash and condition hair about twice a week (it's super super thick and any more dries it out).

Body moisturise about twice a day and coconut oil on legs a few times a week, love that stuff. Skincare would be cleanse, gentle exfoliator, vit C serum, moisturise and SPF 50. Use a prescription retinoid about three nights a week.

Regular beauty treatments would be shellac manicure and eyebrows threaded and tinted once a month. Microdermabrasion about three times a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Wow! I don't feel too bad now! I always thought there was something odd about me as I don't get my nails/tan done regularly or go for massages or facials! My skincare routine....I have given up face wipes and remove my make up with the micellar water. Although it takes about 4 cotton pads! I moisturise most nights. I don't use eye cream or serums. The moisturiser I use depends on whatever is on offer at the time in Tesco :/

Bodywise, I shower every night and use a body butter when I can be bothered. I have a body scrub that I use when I don't wash my hair - otherwise I'd be there all night. I wash my hair twice a week as its quite thick and doesn't get greasy.

I always thought there was something odd about me as I don't get my nails/tan done regularly or go for massages or facials!

I've never gotten my nails done, had a facial or used fake tan. Fake tan in particular doesn't appeal to me a slightest - ick! I'd consider getting my nails done or a facial just to see what all the fuss is about, but they sound seriously overpriced.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten a massage, but they would've been a relaxing treat to myself as opposed to considering them a body care routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Shower every morning and wash hair in the evenings 2/ 3 times a week - always moisturise body afterwards with body butter / cream / oil etc. Shave armpits every day and legs / bikini 1-2 times a week.
    Use day and night moisturisers and use micellar water + cleansers in the evening.
    I dye and pluck my eyebrows myself at home.

I don't go for that many treatments - like to get my nails done a few times a year if it's a special occasion, had a few months of semi-permanent lashes but it became an expensive luxury, would get a massage / facial if I was away on a spa break (maybe once a year).

What else....I like to put treatments in my hair or I get them done properly at the salon when getting colour done (about 4-5 times a year).

I think I look after myself in terms of always moisturising and keeping myself groomed but don't have the time or inclination to always be making and trying to keep appointments with beauty salons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I shower at night, and wash my hair every 2/3 days. I use a bar of soap (I prefer bars for some reason) and those exfoliating gloves to wash myself. I go for months without shaving my legs sometimes, I shave my underarms maybe once a week or so. I sometimes use facewash and a facecloth on my face, often it's just hot water on the cloth. For years, I was putting rosehip oil on my still-damp face after showering, but I stopped during the warm weather this summer as I think my skin was getting clogged and I was getting tiny pimples. I'll start that again when the weather cools down.

I am useless at remembering to exfoliate my face and body, I could go for months without doing it. I'm often too lazy to moisturise my body after showering as well, and I notice my skin getting dry, dull and flaky when I don't do this for a while. Then I'll go hell for leather for a couple of weeks with the exfoliating and body oils etc before I fall off the wagon again lol.

For my face, I use day/night creams and eye cream. At night after my shower I'll put on my eye cream and then night cream. In the morning, I'll clean my face with micellar water on a cotton ball, and then put on eye cream and day cream. Both day and night creams I bring down onto my neck and decolletage.

I get my hair cut and coloured every three months or so, at which stage it really needs to be done. Very rarely get a bikini wax, nobody sees me naked so why bother :):) Went through a stage of getting Shellac done regularly, then realised how much I was spending and how soft it made my own nails so I don't bother any more. I occasionally get my eyebrows threaded.

What I really need to do at the moment is get those exfoliating 'masks' for my feet. They're in pretty rough shape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lagertha

I shower every other day usually (more often when the weather is very hot or if I've been exercising). I use a purple shampoo on my hair to stop it going orangy/yellow and then leave the condition sit in my hair for a few minutes while I wash myself. I shave my armpits every time I shower. I shave my legs every time I shower when the weather is nice. If it's cold I sometimes go a few weeks without shaving my legs. I'll occasionally put some moisturiser on my legs. 

I'm terrible at taking my make up off at night. When I do I'll double cleanse with an oil cleanser and face cloth, I use a microdermabrasion wash about twice a week, I'll use various serums/oils and an eye cream and night cream. In the mornings I'll usually use a toner to wipe off the glow (sweat!) from my face. I wear make up most days. I only put on tan if it's a special occasion like a wedding and even then it's very light and just takes the blue tinge of death off my skin. 

I tend to do my own eye brows and nails as I've very particular and every time I pay for someone to do it for me, I'm not happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I shower every morning, wash my hair every three-four days, shave my underarms as soon as there's growth (every four-five days), shave my legs every three days and shave my hoo-ha weekly.
    After showering, I use Aveeno Creamy Almond Oil moisturiser all over, except on my feet because I use Flexitol there, then I spritz all over with Hawaiian Tropic Summer Mist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I shower about 3 times a week - although it can be everyday if I'm in a phase of doing exercise.  I wash my hair about once a week - I can normally get 5-7 days between washes.  Shave pits about once a fortnight - maybe more often this time of year depending on growth.   Shave legs about once a week this time of year - once I'm back in the full length trousers for the winter months, I only shave them when I'm planning on wearing skirt/dress.  I moisturise when I have time after a shower - so not everytime.  I don't wear make-up, so no real face routine.  I don't do fake tan/nails etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I shower daily, wash my hair whenever I run so about 5 times per week. I shave my legs and armpits daily in the shower (good quality dark Balkan hair :)). I always remove my make up, I double cleanse and slap on couple of The Ordinary products. I'm lazy using body lotion. I dye my hair every two months at haidressers, considering the amount of greys I should do it more often. I don't really go to beauticians but I should have pedicure more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Honestly, it really depends on my mood. I can have a good routine or none at all!

Started using a body oil after showers. Applied to wet skin dries in quickly.

Love to be one of the folks who's immaculately turned out everyday. Trying to make more of an effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I'm really surprised so many people shower every day. Isn't that quite drying for your skin? And not great for the environment? And water charges would hammer ye if they got in. :D  I'm every second day as well... I just top and tail with a washcloth in the mornings and evenings otherwise.

• Advertisement

I don't think water charges would hammer a very short shower... I shower every day. Feel manky otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I assumed like 90% of people showered every day tbh. Not sure why you wouldn’t

Not sure why you wouldn’t

In the same vein, am not sure why you would (shower every day).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't think most people need to shower every day depending weather isn't too hot or you are not a ball of sweat for some other reason. I feel more comfortable and less itchy if I do but it's a personal preference and not need. If I do some exercise then I need shower afterwards, no choice.

meeeeh wrote: »
    If I do some exercise then I need shower afterwards, no choice.

Yep-absolutely agree with this too. I do time when I exercise to when I need to shower.

This week, I had a fully shower Tuesday morning, Thursday morning, again Friday evening (as I was going out), and this morning, again, I had an appointment. I wont shower again now till Tuesday morning.

If am just going between home and office/regular day stuff, I just dont feel the need to shower every day. I dont think there is anything wrong with showering every day either.

I would hate to give the impression that because I am one of those that dont shower every day that I stink/bad hygiene. Quite the opposite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Nettlles

I'll shower when needed really. Like if I've been at work ill pop in quick wash down with soap. I did wash hair 2/3 times a week, now it's short again ill prob do it more often as when it's short I only use a conditioner and cant tie it up.

I use a scrub mit in the shower with soap 2 times a week and will use a softer one on my face. Shave as needed.

Body lotion after shower if I remember or have time. I use rosehip oil on my face morning and night after a cleanser. Make up if I'm not lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Nettlles

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Yep-absolutely agree with this too. I do time when I exercise to when I need to shower.

This week, I had a fully shower Tuesday morning, Thursday morning, again Friday evening (as I was going out), and this morning, again, I had an appointment. I wont shower again now till Tuesday morning.

If am just going between home and office/regular day stuff, I just dont feel the need to shower every day. I dont think there is anything wrong with showering every day either.

I would hate to give the impression that because I am one of those that dont shower every day that I stink/bad hygiene. Quite the opposite!

I don't believe it's good for your skin to shower everyday. I stopped using antiperspirant a few years ago as I thought that just made any sweating worse. I don't use it now. I'm a nurse so I do have to shower after work but I wouldn't shower on my day off unless I was going out or something and I needed to shave and/or do my hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I shower every other day at a minimum. Try to only wash my hair twice a week.
    Have never had any sort of wax.
    Was hoping a moisturising body wash was enough but should moisturise more.
    I use aldi/Lidl products and don't notice any difference to when I used expensive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ruahead

I don't feel right ( or smell right sometimes :-)) unless I wash daily.TMI
    A 3 minute shower is lovely, wakes me up and sets me up for the day.
    The odd weekend if I wasn't going out or ill I might skip a day or have a sink wash.
    So I shower daily, use moisturiser on legs, facial moisturiser with spf and eye cream if I remember. I wear make up every day if going out, just light foundation and blusher mostly.
    I use Nivea sensitive facewash with a face cloth at night and have a night cream, sometimes I just rub almond oil into my face. I use this oil too as a eye make up remover when I wear eye make up. I wash hair twice a week(prob need to do 3 times as it gets knotty easily) naturally curly so don't brush between washes. I get my eye brows threaded every few weeks and that's it.
    The odd facial (once or twice a year). I give myself pedicures at home with essentials oils as a treat and do face masks and nose pore strips every 3 or 4 months !I've had shellac nails maybe 4 times in my life and it's nice, but last time they lasted 9 days so no more! I like French manicures so usually have my nails painted in that or just clear.
    Bikini waxes - before a holiday or weekend away and I epilate my legs every few weeks ! I shave pits once a week or so.
    I had a pedicure for the first time last year and it was amazing ! Our feet go through so much, that is something I'd do again over nails and facials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 annaboniface55

How often does everyone wash their hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Every 2/3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Daily atm. I got that Brazilian blow dry done and my hair is now manky if it is not washed every day. I am not loving that bit, though the blow dry looks amazing.

Home, shower, wash and mostly dry hair, stick in a bobbin, wake up and out the door with the ridge still in it from the bobbin.

Daily. I find it gets very greasy if I don't. I shower daily too though, so I just do it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I need to keep up my skincare routine for my face, if I dont, I notice after a couple of days my skin starts become very dry, I dont wear makeup very often, only once or twice a week and I take it off as soon as I get home, despite loving makeup and having a ridiculous amount of it I don't like how it feels on my face, I usually use a cleanser like le roche pose or soap and glory but ive run out or have nothing to hand I just use shower gel. I recently started using a salicylic (sp) acid to exfoliate and its a total game changer, wish id discovered this years ago. I love oils and serums so I use a vitamin serum, rose hip oil and then I put on a moisteriser like nivea or something cheap. I also use an spf 30 everyday although im still finding new wrinkles so im not sure its working.

Im terrible when it comes to my body, I hardly ever moisturise or exfoliate although ive been trying to be better. I bought soap and glory flake away - its the only body exfoliater ive finished and bought repeatedly over the years, also love the soap and glory moisturiser as it smells divine and Palmers Cocoa butter. I hardly ever shave, im the only one who sees my legs so I dont see any point, its such an effort and needs to be done again in a week so I just don't bother.

I spend more time on my hair than anything else tbh, I wash my hair every second day and put in a treatment or leave the conditioner in for an hour and wash it out. Get it done in a salon once every 6 - 8 weeks.

I dont get my eye brows or nails done, never got into the fake eyelash trend and never had a fake tan. I don't go for massages or facials - Ive been for two facials and neither saw nor felt any difference in my skin, the beauticians did nothing I couldnt do for myself at home so I felt it was a bit of a waste of time and money but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I full on shower about 3 times a week, which includes washing my hair. I'll wash sensitive areas with a warm towel in between, but I'm the opposite of oily. I tend towards dry skin and hair, and I can't imagine washing full on daily. I sometimes use dry shampoo in between, but often don't need it. I try and do a hair mask once every week or so, but it makes my hair so silky, and I like to have a bit of texture for volume. Hair stylists always compliment my hair and how healthy it is. They've always told me to wash every 2-3 days if possible.

I wash my face every day and exfoliate when I shower. I use Cetaphil as a daily moisturizer and coconut oil as a night time, which isn't great for a lot of people, but works amazing for me. I can't explain it. I have some masks that I wear occasionally that are mostly focused on adding moisture to my dry skin. I wear a sulfate-free sunscreen every day. I shave once a week, and the one thing I'm bad at is remembering to lotion-up my legs afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement