Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your body care routine

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

How often does everyone wash their hair?

Every 2/3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Daily atm. I got that Brazilian blow dry done and my hair is now manky if it is not washed every day. I am not loving that bit, though the blow dry looks amazing.

Home, shower, wash and mostly dry hair, stick in a bobbin, wake up and out the door with the ridge still in it from the bobbin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

How often does everyone wash their hair?

Daily. I find it gets very greasy if I don't. I shower daily too though, so I just do it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I need to keep up my skincare routine for my face, if I dont, I notice after a couple of days my skin starts become very dry, I dont wear makeup very often, only once or twice a week and I take it off as soon as I get home, despite loving makeup and having a ridiculous amount of it I don't like how it feels on my face, I usually use a cleanser like le roche pose or soap and glory but ive run out or have nothing to hand I just use shower gel. I recently started using a salicylic (sp) acid to exfoliate and its a total game changer, wish id discovered this years ago. I love oils and serums so I use a vitamin serum, rose hip oil and then I put on a moisteriser like nivea or something cheap. I also use an spf 30 everyday although im still finding new wrinkles so im not sure its working.

Im terrible when it comes to my body, I hardly ever moisturise or exfoliate although ive been trying to be better. I bought soap and glory flake away - its the only body exfoliater ive finished and bought repeatedly over the years, also love the soap and glory moisturiser as it smells divine and Palmers Cocoa butter. I hardly ever shave, im the only one who sees my legs so I dont see any point, its such an effort and needs to be done again in a week so I just don't bother.

I spend more time on my hair than anything else tbh, I wash my hair every second day and put in a treatment or leave the conditioner in for an hour and wash it out. Get it done in a salon once every 6 - 8 weeks.

I dont get my eye brows or nails done, never got into the fake eyelash trend and never had a fake tan. I don't go for massages or facials - Ive been for two facials and neither saw nor felt any difference in my skin, the beauticians did nothing I couldnt do for myself at home so I felt it was a bit of a waste of time and money but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I full on shower about 3 times a week, which includes washing my hair. I'll wash sensitive areas with a warm towel in between, but I'm the opposite of oily. I tend towards dry skin and hair, and I can't imagine washing full on daily. I sometimes use dry shampoo in between, but often don't need it. I try and do a hair mask once every week or so, but it makes my hair so silky, and I like to have a bit of texture for volume. Hair stylists always compliment my hair and how healthy it is. They've always told me to wash every 2-3 days if possible.

I wash my face every day and exfoliate when I shower. I use Cetaphil as a daily moisturizer and coconut oil as a night time, which isn't great for a lot of people, but works amazing for me. I can't explain it. I have some masks that I wear occasionally that are mostly focused on adding moisture to my dry skin. I wear a sulfate-free sunscreen every day. I shave once a week, and the one thing I'm bad at is remembering to lotion-up my legs afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement