Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple ID has 2 emails!

Options
  • 17-07-2018 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can help me?

Can’t update any of my iPhone apps because my Apple ID somehow has two email addresses! One I use and the other one i made years ago but I don’t know the password, even after trying to answer security questions etc. when downloading apps I can use my Touch ID but updating them it asks for the password of the other email which I don’t know ?? Anyone know how to delete this other email I’ve literally tried everything 😒👊

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not really sure what you are saying.

Your Apple ID can have multiple email addresses associated with it, but the password is the same. If you want to remove one of the email addresses from your account, log in at www.appleid.com and delete it.

On other hand, if you are saying that you are using separate Apple ID accounts on the same device, one for the App Store and one for iCloud, then you can log out of the one you don't want to use anymore in Settings > iCloud or Settings > App Store depending on which you have forgotten the password for. You will probably need to delete any apps you purchased/downloaded with the other account though or it will keep annoying you when you go to update them.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

The apps were downloaded using the other AppleID. If you have access to the original email address just delete the apps you’re being prompted with the updates and redownload them using the account you have access to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The apps were downloaded using the other AppleID. If you have access to the original email address just delete the apps you’re being prompted with the updates and redownload them using the account you have access to.

Yeah, this is probably the issue. If so, disregard my post, OP. The bit about "Apple ID has 2 emails" confused me.

Advertisement