Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Thanks I've dropped them a mail just in case something funny is going on

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Same here ,
    Ordered a Xiaomi Mi A2 (128gb version).

Emailed them and they said it went out of stock , and is due back in stock on Dec 14th.

Their site still says in stock though.

It seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere (128gb version)

I ordered a RN5 looked to have stock at the time of ordering. Typical. Should have gone with hing Kong

yes you do get this with eglobal sometimes.

I read somewhere that if you see dispatches within 24 hours on the description then you defo know that it's actually in stock.

this

eglobal-icon-2-blue-EN.jpg

Ah didn't know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Same here ,
    Ordered a Xiaomi Mi A2 (128gb version).

Emailed them and they said it went out of stock , and is due back in stock on Dec 14th.

Their site still says in stock though.

It seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere (128gb version)

Just got an email saying its dispatching soon :)

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    yes you do get this with eglobal sometimes.

I read somewhere that if you see dispatches within 24 hours on the description then you defo know that it's actually in stock.

this

eglobal-icon-2-blue-EN.jpg

but that seems to be on very few products.

Just got an email saying its dispatching soon :)

Good to know they have customer support. I've yet to to hear back :-(

ImARebel wrote: »
    Good to know they have customer support. I've yet to to hear back :-(

I didn't use any of the "contact us " links on their site .

I just replied to the order confirmation email I received from them .

I sent the email to them at 5:15 am (the joys of early starts :) ) and got a reply at 9:30 the same morning :)

I didn't use any of the "contact us " links on their site .

I just replied to the order confirmation email I received from them .

I sent the email to them at 5:15 am (the joys of early starts :) ) and got a reply at 9:30 the same morning :)

I might try that thanks a million

I might try that thanks a million

Hopefully you get sorted soon :)

The email I receiver earlier said -

We are currently packing your order and it will be dispatched shortly etc.....

May take up to 48 hours for courier to update tracking status information etc …...

My order page on their site says "Packing & Delivering soon "

• Advertisement

Cheers. It's typical when you're waiting on it (my sis dropped and broke her rn4)

Hopefully you get sorted soon :)

The email I receiver earlier said -

We are currently packing your order and it will be dispatched shortly etc.....

May take up to 48 hours for courier to update tracking status information etc …...

My order page on their site says "Packing & Delivering soon "

Just to let you know you're a superstar :D

They replied back and said phone was out of stock and won't be getting it back in for a long time and did I want to change to gold. Sis isn't delighted about it but at least she'll have a phone for Christmas

Thanks again !

Just to let you know you're a superstar :D

They replied back and said phone was out of stock and won't be getting it back in for a long time and did I want to change to gold. Sis isn't delighted about it but at least she'll have a phone for Christmas

Thanks again !

Glad to help ,

Gold isn't too bad , I've been using a gold phone (Oppo R7s) for the last couple of years with a clear gel case .
    It's not as in your face as you might think and It's a popular colour .

My new one is black , just for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Honor 8X 64GB black version is on Saturn (German Store) for €199. It can be delivered to mailboxde.com for free.
    Delivery from mailboxde is around €13 - €15 for it. So it would be around €215 altogether.
    https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_honor-8x-2486976.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Suckit wrote: »
    The Honor 8X 64GB black version is on Saturn (German Store) for €199. It can be delivered to mailboxde.com for free.
    Delivery from mailboxde is around €13 - €15 for it. So it would be around €215 altogether.
    https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_honor-8x-2486976.html

back up to 249e

I'm looking at the Nokia 8 on Banggood with EU priority shipping for less than €250.
    Just wondering if anybody else has it, and if they have had any issues. I know there are a few in the Nokia 7 plus thread that had some issues.
    5.3 inch 2K 2.5D display
    Fingerprint scanner
    Memory: 6 GB LPDDR4X RAM
    internal memory: 128 GB UFS 2.1 ROM (expandable by 256 GB via TF card)
    64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa Core, 2.5GHz
    Dual Camera: 2x 13.0MP PDAF (f / 2.0) / 13.0MP PDAF Front Camera (f / 2.0)
    Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, gyroscope
    Nokia OZO 360 ° Spatial Surround Sound
    Single-Sim

The Xiaomi Black Shark 6GB/64GB is on Gearvita for €313 using code BlackS64 and EU Priority line (No extra charges) for €10.09
    https://gearvita.com/black-shark-4g-gaming-smartphone-6gb-ram-64gb-rom-global-version.html

Edited

The Xiaomi Note 3 is on Banggood for €181 with code B28F30 They also have EU Priority Line shipping
    https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Note-3-5_5-Inch-Facial-Recognition-6GB-RAM-128GB-ROM-Snapdragon-660-Octa-Core-Smartphone-p-1198883.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just wondering anyone who the Xaomi A2 lite off aliexpress etc. Did it come with a UK plug adapter? Seems to just EU plugs. I don't want to lose out on fast charger using a cheap adaptor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Might depend on the seller on Aliexpress. Have you a link for the one you are looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

GBX wrote: »
    Might depend on the seller on Aliexpress. Have you a link for the one you are looking at?

Others here have purchased from this seller. I've contacted the seller in the mean time

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cmxK236o

• Advertisement

They usually come with a cheap adapter. Better to buy one in Dealz or somewhere here.

Might be the fast charger in the box and a Chine > UK adapter sent with it. See what they say. Hopefully not.

What about ordering from Eglobal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

Others here have purchased from this seller. I've contacted the seller in the mean time

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cmxK236o
    Suckit wrote: »
    They usually come with a cheap adapter. Better to buy one in Dealz or somewhere here.
    Might be the fast charger in the box and a Chine > UK adapter sent with it. See what they say. Hopefully not.

What about ordering from Eglobal?

The product is a Mi A2 (not sold in china), so more likely will have an EU plug and optional UK adapter (needs to be requested). There usually cheap crap with no fuse etc.

Interesting Xiaomi buying shares in TCL.
    Had forgotten about TCL. There were a few decent devices couple of years back from them. Thought they'd gone bust.
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/xiaomi-buys-shares-in-tcl/

...And Redmi to become a sub-brand like Huawei/Honor, ZTE/Lumia etc. But it won't be one of their ecological chain brands like Deerma, Mijia, Xiaofag or kiss kiss fish etc.. and will function differently to their mi ecosystem sub-brand.

Ouch.. l6t9rP6.png?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Interesting Xiaomi buying shares in TCL.
    Had forgotten about TCL. There were a few decent devices couple of years back from them. Thought they'd gone bust.
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/xiaomi-buys-shares-in-tcl/

Love TCL, have one sitting in my wardrobe now, only reason I'm not using it is because I got a good deal on a phone in the black friday sales, my son will be using it for AR games etc, Ive dropped it god knows how many times and not even a scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sublime1

Well, it looks like Mishop.ie have gone down the tubes, even though their website is still up. I recently bought an item from their shop, they took the money from me, but never delivered, and haven't responded to a number of emails. This is a pity because they used be fine, and I had no problems before, but it's completely unacceptable to take money and then not deliver. That's theft.

DON'T USE MISHOP.IE - THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

sublime1 wrote: »
    Well, it looks like Mishop.ie have gone down the tubes, even though their website is still up. I recently bought an item from their shop, they took the money from me, but never delivered, and haven't responded to a number of emails. This is a pity because they used be fine, and I had no problems before, but it's completely unacceptable to take money and then not deliver. That's theft.

Get onto your credit card company and do a chargeback.

Sorry to hear that. Did you happen to pay through PayPal? Even if you didn't maybe check with your bank can they do a charge back ?

• Advertisement

Have you contacted paypal (if used) or your bank? You could ask them to do a chargeback.

Advertisement