Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sublime1

Thanks for the advice. I will contact Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Mi A2 for 184 euro on geekbuying at the moment. Seems like a good deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The brother got a Xiaomi Mi A1 in February but he is having issues with it. He contacted Xiaomi who in turn said go back to Honorbuy. Emailed them but havent heard anything back yet. Anybody had dealings with returning stuff to HB and how did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tcat2012

Hi looking to buy a Xiaomi mi a2 lite . Can anyone tell me where best place to buy . Had ordered from eglobal but having big issues with them so looking to buy from somewhere else and if the one frkcnhee ever turns up will sell it . Thinking I honor buy because they say it will ship from Europe . is this a reasonably safe option ? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Tcat2012 wrote: »
    Hi looking to buy a Xiaomi mi a2 lite . Can anyone tell me where best place to buy . Had ordered from eglobal but having big issues with them so looking to buy from somewhere else and if the one frkcnhee ever turns up will sell it . Thinking I honor buy because they say it will ship from Europe . is this a reasonably safe option ? Thanks

Just saw this:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-584-smartphone-global-version-black-32gb-143-64gb-170-amazon-germany-3166543

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I'd terrible problems with eglobal too. Never again. I've used honorbuy loads of times with no issue just make sure to order from an EU warehouse to avoid customs

Also worth looking at Hongkong halfway on aliexpress

And then sometimes I've found the customs hit plus the price of a phone shipping from China can still be cheaper than an eu warehouse

Thanks imarebel good to know . Thanks Mezcita they don’t seen to deliver to Ireland or Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Thanks imarebel good to know . Thanks Mezcita they don’t seen to deliver to Ireland or Northern Ireland

It does.. Least it does for me as it's fulfilled by amazon
    Says delivery between 25 and 1st feb

I didn't want to go any further in case I ended up up buying it

ImARebel wrote: »
    It does.. Least it does for me as it's fulfilled by amazon
    Says delivery between 25 and 1st feb

I didn't want to go any further in case I ended up up buying it

Oh that’s strange ! I’ll have a look again , thanks

Ok so it’s when I chick on ordering the international version it says no sellers deliving to Ireland . Presumed I need global version maybe I don’t , will do not more research !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Ok so it’s when I chick on ordering the international version it says no sellers deliving to Ireland . Presumed I need global version maybe I don’t , will do not more research !

The MI A2 lite was only produced as a global version. The only difference is the type of charger plug its shipped with.

Thanks ! So I could use any charger plug is that right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pints?

I bought the Mi A2 Lite from honorbuy. Was in my hand in 36 hours. Couldn't believe how fast it was. It was sent from their Italian warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thisnoize7

I am looking to completely wipe and flash a Jiayu F2. (back up phone)
    I have searched on XDA but I cannot find a ROM for it.

How do I get the most up to date vanilla Android on a this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Pints? wrote: »
    I bought the Mi A2 Lite from honorbuy. Was in my hand in 36 hours. Couldn't believe how fast it was. It was sent from their Italian warehouse.

I'm looking at getting a different Xiaomi phone from honorbuy. did your phone some with an Ireland/UK power adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pints?

I'm looking at getting a different Xiaomi phone from honorbuy. did your phone some with an Ireland/UK power adapter?

No it came with a 2 pin adapter. Not a big deal for me. Just used an old one I had lying around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Finally looking to get around to replacing my S7 edge.
    Looking through Kimovil and comparing I really keep coming back to the Mi 8.
    Pocophone is excellent, and my wife has one and it really is an exceptional bang for buck handset...
    But.
    I use Google pay and leap top up quite a bit so no NFC puts it outside consideration for me.
    What other alternatives are out there for the Mi 8?
    Or is it worth hanging on until the next big release cycle in @March?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

banie01 wrote: »
    Finally looking to get around to replacing my S7 edge.
    Looking through Kimovil and comparing I really keep coming back to the Mi 8.
    Pocophone is excellent, and my wife has one and it really is an exceptional bang for buck handset...
    But.
    I use Google pay and leap top up quite a bit so no NFC puts it outside consideration for me.
    What other alternatives are out there for the Mi 8?
    Or is it worth hanging on until the next big release cycle in @March?

Been using the MI8 for 2 months now. No major complaints, the notification settings take a bit of getting used to because there is just so much customisation possible and one or two minor hiccups but the battery, camera and general usage are good, just not quite as smooth as my One Plus 3 was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys just joined the thread and looking to replace my broken s7.what is the latest good phone to buy for 200-250 euro.must have fast charge and nfc if possible as so many phones out there i have no idea which one to get.thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

hi guys just joined the thread and looking to replace my broken s7.what is the latest good phone to buy for 200-250 euro.must have fast charge and nfc if possible as so many phones out there i have no idea which one to get.thanks

www.kimovil.com

Head on there and enter all the specs you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Honor 10 Internaltional Version drops to around €250, has NFC and Quickcharge. Nice phone too :)
    Nokia 8 drops too,I was looking at that recently.

Honor 10 drops mainly in online German stores, but it was also €249 here last week - https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07CZ7MTS5 (May drop again) Although mostly the drop is down to around €285.

And the Nokia 8 drops less frequently, but is currently €243 on Banggood and EU Priority line shipping is €6.43 which should mean that you have no extra charges at the door - https://www.banggood.com/NOKIA-8-Global-Version-5_3-inch-6GB-128GB-Snapdragon-835-Octa-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1380798.html

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭adaephon

So i have dropped my Xiaomi redmi 5 plus and cracked screen. Still usable but will need replacing.

What is out there at the minute worth upgrading to around the same price point (circa 200 Eur). Cannot for the life of me figure out Xiaomi naming conventions, they went a bit mad around the time of the 5 plus.

Was having a quick look around and think I'll go with xiaomi mi8 lite. Is there any site that has shipping from European warehouse thanks

thisnoize7 wrote: »
    I am looking to completely wipe and flash a Jiayu F2. (back up phone)
    I have searched on XDA but I cannot find a ROM for it.

How do I get the most up to date vanilla Android on a this phone?

Hi guys sorry to bump again but it was the last post on last page.
    I can't find a ROM on XDA and it seems like Jiayu have discontinued.

This phone has a Mediatek MT6582. is there a way to flash this with a default version of the most up to date android?
    Am I forced to search graveyards for ROMS?

Hi guys sorry to bump again but it was the last post on last page.
    I can't find a ROM on XDA and it seems like Jiayu have discontinued.

This phone has a Mediatek MT6582, is there a way to flash this with a default version of the most up to date android? (possible) or am I forced to search graveyards for ROMS?

Your options are very limited. There's very little info anywhere else.
    https://www.needrom.com/category/jiayu/f2-jiayu/
    Stock ROM only I think

GBX wrote: »
    Your options are very limited. There's very little info anywhere else.
    https://www.needrom.com/category/jiayu/f2-jiayu/
    Stock ROM only I think

Thanks, any global ROM will do - but need a premium account on that website to download? :(

Thanks currently have a Redmi - this phone is simply for backup, and it currently has some adware/bloatware that keeps bringing error messages up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Was having a quick look around and think I'll go with xiaomi mi8 lite. Is there any site that has shipping from European warehouse thanks
    www.honorbuy.com

Thanks, any global ROM will do - but need a premium account on that website to download? :(

Thanks currently have a Redmi - this phone is simply for backup, and it currently has some adware/bloatware that keeps bringing error messages up.

Oh. They've obviously changed it since I was last getting ROMs from there. Haven't done much in ROM flashing in about 18 months.
    Anyway, its up to you, its $3 (€2.60) for one month. It may be the only place that has any type of rom for the F2. If you really need it for a backup could be worth paying?

Edit:

Also found this, http://cellphonemic.com/jiayu-f2-rom.html

It has 2 rom file links listed - bear in mind its in Chinese.
    1. April,2015 (20150402-103930)
    By Flash tool: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGMjBQe Password:t83y

2. April,2015 20150428-210425
    Link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqxRXqs Password: 7873

just ordered the pocophone f1 for 290 from honorbuy.seems great specs and gets good reviews

• Advertisement

An interesting concept from Meizu

"The Meizu Zero is here - the world's first phone without physical buttons, speaker cutout and even without a USB port for conventional wired charging.

The Meizu Zero uses touch capacitive panels on the side as replacements for the conventional power and volume buttons (similar to what HTC did with the U12+, only without the buttons protruding the frame). For a speaker the Meizu Zero uses a piezoelectric transducer under the display (akin to what Sharp and Xiaomi have done with phones like the Aquos Crystal and Mi Mix).

Removing the USB port is trickier to compensate for. The Meizu Zero is a wireless charging-only phone that offers Meizu-developed 18W charging, making it the fastest-charging phone wirelessly. Data transfers will only be conducted over Wi-Fi and mobile networks.

On the front the Meizu Zero packs a 5.99-inch AMOLED screen with an in-display fingerprint scanner and a 20MP selfie camera.

On the rear there's a 12MP + 20MP dual camera (consisting of the Sony IMX 380 and IMX 350 AI sensors) while on the front there's a 20MP selfie camera. There's a Snapdragon 845 to power the Zero."

gsmarena_004.jpg

Advertisement