Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Suckit wrote: »
    Depends on your budget. The Pixel 3 or Huawei P20 Pro have probably the best cameras.
    These cameras are reviewed with their faults...

https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_find_x-review-1801p5.php
    https://www.gsmarena.com/vivo_nex_s-review-1785p6.php
    https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_rx17_pro_hands_on-review-1848p4.php

Thanks suckit. Budget is up to about 550

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Wait a few weeks for the xiaomi Mi 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

conjon wrote: »
    Thanks suckit. Budget is up to about 550

The Huawei P20 Pro should be in that budget, just about. Or in sales.
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B07BHDDDHJ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    https://www.amazon.de/Smartphone-interner-Speicher-Android-Schwarz-Black/dp/B07BHDMHR1
    If you look around a bit, it may be possible to get it for a little less, although those prices are decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Just ordered a redmi note 5 4/64gb from eglobal 157 inc delivery. Got it as a stand in phone until my contract is up and can get a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Would it be worth upgrading to the redmi note 7 pro when the global version is launched? Have the note 5 at the minute and love it but have a craving for a new phone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Not sure. I heard the 40mp camera was a bit of a gimic and is more like a 12mp im reality. Think that was gsm arena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Rave reviews of the camera on the P20, especially the pro. Cant really go wrong these days camera-wise on your budget tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Would it be worth upgrading to the redmi note 7 pro when the global version is launched? Have the note 5 at the minute and love it but have a craving for a new phone...

Any confirmation of release date and price?

thewools wrote: »
    Any confirmation of release date and price?

Rumoured date is 28th of February. That's their event date for India. But global version may release as late as the end of March.

As it was the first phone launched under the Redmi brand, many believe it will be the February release.

Battle of the sub brands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Thargor wrote: »
    Rave reviews of the camera on the P20, especially the pro. Cant really go wrong these days camera-wise on your budget tbh.

Thanks Thargor & suckit. It looks like Huawei are releasing the P30 in March, and the new one plus is coming too. The more I read up on this the more I'm inclined to hold off for a month or two to see what comes out. It'd annoy me to spend that type of money on a phone with a new one released the following month...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Check out www.kimovil.com you can set your budget and camera quality, I'm no use with the more expensive phones I'm a sub 200 phone guy :pac:

Thats my next phone. NFC and 256gb of memory plus the dual sim. Fast charge and wireless charging too. Camera is no slouch either although I have a dslr for that. Ticks all the boxes that I would need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

Any ideas of when/where the Mi 9 will be available to buy?

breeno wrote: »
    Any ideas of when/where the Mi 9 will be available to buy?
    Not even sure there will be a global version yet, so it might be early summer if there is.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,725 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Not even sure there will be a global version yet, so it might be early summer if there is.

i see gearbest are already advertising the 'transparent' chinese one @ €895

they are also advertising the global version @ around €540 but obviously not for sale yet

No IP rating on the mi flagship still on the 9 is getting a bit ridiculous and holding it back.

Apparently it (the Mi 9) will be released on 24th of February in Europe. Which contradicts them saying that they would be holding back on Global releases while there are Redmi brand global versions released at the same time.
    But may be good news in the long run :)

The Honor 8x (View 10 Lite) is on Amazon Italy for €238 - €246 delivered to Ireland.
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07KVVY4PN
    It is the 4GB 128GB version. I bought the 4GB 64GB version in October from Amazon Germany for €250 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 podgey1992

I am looking for some advice if possible. From a recommendation on here I have had a Xiaomi mi5s for a couple of years now, and it's still a great phone, but the battery no longer lasts very long (less than a day), so I'm going to upgrade.

I like Xiaomi and am looking at the Pocophone F1 (I don't really want to spend over 300 euro) and it seems like a good option.

I'm just wondering if there are better phones out there for a similar price that I might be missing out on? Last time I almost bought a different phone until someone recommended the mi5s and I'd rather make the best decision possible.

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,725 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

podgey1992 wrote: »
    I am looking for some advice if possible. From a recommendation on here I have had a Xiaomi mi5s for a couple of years now, and it's still a great phone, but the battery no longer lasts very long (less than a day), so I'm going to upgrade.

I like Xiaomi and am looking at the Pocophone F1 (I don't really want to spend over 300 euro) and it seems like a good option.

I'm just wondering if there are better phones out there for a similar price that I might be missing out on? Last time I almost bought a different phone until someone recommended the mi5s and I'd rather make the best decision possible.

Thank you :)

Have you any particular requirements?

i recently upgraded from the A1 to the pocofone... and jesus you get a lot for your money with the pocofone.

its lightning quick with the SD 845
    the 4000mah battery can easily last me 2 days with medium use.

it doesnt have NFC like the mi5s has, but it does have band 20 which i need for my location.

I notice the weight more, but in doing so it feels more solid and safe. i have the kevlar version and a thick tpc case as well which probably increases it.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Have you any particular requirements?

i recently upgraded from the A1 to the pocofone... and jesus you get a lot for your money with the pocofone.

its lightning quick with the SD 845
    the 4000mah battery can easily last me 2 days with medium use.

it doesnt have NFC like the mi5s has, but it does have band 20 which i need for my location.

I notice the weight more, but in doing so it feels more solid and safe. i have the kevlar version and a thick tpc case as well which probably increases it.

I'll survive without NFC, it's handy for topping up the leap card but my bank doesn't have android pay so i'll be OK without it. I'd like to have a good camera (which I think this has) and a good battery, other than that I trust it will be a speedy phone. That gearbest deal seems quite good too so I think I'll go for it :)

podgey1992 wrote: »
    I'll survive without NFC, it's handy for topping up the leap card but my bank doesn't have android pay so i'll be OK without it. I'd like to have a good camera (which I think this has) and a good battery, other than that I trust it will be a speedy phone. That gearbest deal seems quite good too so I think I'll go for it :)

Banggood have it for €238 for the 64GB version using code 2F1BG469 https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Global-Version-6_18-inch-6GB-64GB-Snapdragon-845-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1334655.html
    and €256 for the 128GB version using code 2BGF1ICC https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Global-Version-6_18-inch-6GB-64GB-Snapdragon-845-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1334655.html
    EU Priority line shipping is €7.52 (No extra charges or fees).

You also have the added bonus of it not being Gearbest.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Lads I'm in the market for a new phone. Currently on the redmi note 5 but I'm looking to upgrade albeit cheaply. I'm after something with a 4000mAh battery, a 6.3/6.4 inch display and 6+ gb or RAM. What are the best budget options available??

I'm liking the Xiaomi Mi 9 and I'd be willing to pay for it but the battery size is turning me off. The Mi Mix 3 looks really good too but again only a 3300mAh battery. Any suggestions?

Lads I'm in the market for a new phone. Currently on the redmi note 5 but I'm looking to upgrade albeit cheaply. I'm after something with a 4000mAh battery, a 6.3/6.4 inch display and 6+ gb or RAM. What are the best budget options available??

I'm liking the Xiaomi Mi 9 and I'd be willing to pay for it but the battery size is turning me off. The Mi Mix 3 looks really good too but again only a 3300mAh battery. Any suggestions?

Vivo Nex S
    Huawei P20 or P2 Pro
    Honor View 20
    Redmi Note 7
    Asus Zenfone Max M2

Banggood have it for €238 for the 64GB version using code 2F1BG469 https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Global-Version-6_18-inch-6GB-64GB-Snapdragon-845-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1334655.html
    and €256 for the 128GB version using code 2BGF1ICC https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1-Global-Version-6_18-inch-6GB-64GB-Snapdragon-845-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1334655.html
    EU Priority line shipping is €7.52 (No extra charges or fees).

You also have the added bonus of it not being Gearbest.

You absolute legend I had never heard of this website! Magic, thanks :) But when I try and use this code for the 128GB version it says 'This coupon only applies to specific products' and doesn't work... the price I can get it for is 314 euro, which is a lot more than Gearbest. How does this code work?

EDIT: I think I got it - I have to go through kimovil? The difference is that this is not the Global version (as you linked) it is the India version and is a pre-order - is this a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Apparently the new processor on the 9 uses battery life more efficiently giving the same usage times as the bigger batteries hence why Xiaomi didn't deem it necessary to put a bigger battery into it or so I heard.

Ditto above. Battery outperforms the Mi 8 according to the following.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_9-review-1891p3.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭dball

are stock levels a bit low with the Chinese New Year celebrations only ending recently or is it always the same with the sites especially with EU shipping being so low in stock for Android (Specifically Xiaomi)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skyblueflyer

Has anyone ordered a nomu S10 / s30 / s50? I'm looking to replace my husband's iphone5 with otter box defender case. It seems to be a pretty rugged phone. https://www.nomu.hk/nomu-s50-pro_p0024.html. If I order it direct from nomu, I presume I will have to pay customs. Is there anywhere else recommend to buy it from.

Advertisement