Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭robwen

shmeee wrote: »
    Just see this on honourbay now about the Redmi Note 7.

Tips:
    - Redmi Note 7 Global Version is available for pre order in EU warehouse, orders placed from 11th Mar will be shipped around 18th Mar 2019.

So awaiting new stock I presume?

That's some fast delivery.

Yeah they must be awaiting new stock, after selling out, it's an impressive phone

Shipped from Italy by DHL Express think it cost around €23 & it was the only delivery option.
    Same notice about pre order was there end of February when I was looking, be shipped around 5th of March & they offered free headphones if u pre-ordered, it was there to order when I checked after midnight on the Monday/Tuesday so into the 5th March, missed out on the free headphones by not pre ordering. The charger supplied is 2 pronged European style, fast charge is excellent with it

Google honorbuy voucher if you're buying from them u should find some discount codes, every little helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

robwen wrote: »
    Yeah they must be awaiting new stock, after selling out, it's an impressive phone

Shipped from Italy by DHL Express think it cost around €23 & it was the only delivery option.
    Same notice about pre order was there end of February when I was looking, be shipped around 5th of March & they offered free headphones if u pre-ordered, it was there to order when I checked after midnight on the Monday/Tuesday so into the 5th March, missed out on the free headphones by not pre ordering. The charger supplied is 2 pronged European style, fast charge is excellent with it

Google honorbuy voucher if you're buying from them u should find some discount codes, every little helps

Thanks,

Comes in @ €229.79 including shipping with $5 voucher (HONORBUY)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

robwen wrote: »

Where is best for genuine vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Tips:
    - Redmi Note 7 Global Version is available for pre order in EU warehouse, orders placed from 11th Mar will be shipped around 18th Mar 2019.

i'm confused about it...i seen some youtube videos explaining that camera is no better than redmi note 5 dispite the 48 megapixel label....but...on the redmi note 7 PRO that the camera is far better....one using a samung sensor and one using a sony one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Redmi Note7 Pro on sale from tomorrow in India - how long was it between the non-Pro version going for sale and the non-Pro Global version being available to buy (that's a mouthful).

• Advertisement

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Redmi Note7 Pro on sale from tomorrow in India - how long was it between the non-Pro version going for sale and the non-Pro Global version being available to buy (that's a mouthful).

Roughly 6 weeks.

Of theses current offers on Honorbuy which is the best value

Xiaomi Mi A2 lite €158.99
    Redmi Note 5. €175.99
    Redmi 6 Pro. €175.99
    Mi A2. €175.99
    Redmi Note 7 €211.99
    Mi 8 Lite €211.19
    Mi Max 3. €228.00
    Pocophone. €281.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Where did you buy it?
    Honourbuy. I preordered on Saturday and it arrived last Wednesday. (With a free pair of headphones for preordering)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i'm confused about it...i seen some youtube videos explaining that camera is no better than redmi note 5 dispite the 48 megapixel label....but...on the redmi note 7 PRO that the camera is far better....one using a samung sensor and one using a sony one.
    feck. didnt realise there was a major difference in cameras.
    I dont see any note 7/note 7 pro comparisons up yet

Honourbuy. I preordered on Saturday and it arrived last Wednesday. (With a free pair of headphones for preordering)

Free headphones back with preorders now before 18th March I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Of theses current offers on Honorbuy which is the best value

Xiaomi Mi A2 lite €158.99
    Redmi Note 5. €175.99
    Redmi 6 Pro. €175.99
    Mi A2. €175.99
    Redmi Note 7 €211.99
    Mi 8 Lite €211.19
    Mi Max 3. €228.00
    Pocophone. €281.00

Relative to how much you want to spend? Is that your budget? Up to 300?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mi Max 3 is amazing but Im biased, I absolutely love it, theres no going back to small screens or 24 hour batteries...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Thargor wrote: »
    Mi Max 3 is amazing but Im biased, I absolutely love it, theres no going back to small screens or 24 hour batteries...

Do you mind me asking? What phone did you have before the mi max 3? I currently have the mi max 2 and I'm considering a change, I don't know if there's a huge difference between them though.

GBX wrote: »
    Relative to how much you want to spend? Is that your budget? Up to 300?

€300 is absolute max. I know Redmi 7 got a great review on Gsmarena but best phone and best value phone on Honorbuy are not necessarily the same thing.

On the Gsmarena phone guide which I started a thread on the Mi 8 lite is said to be a great all rounder phone and Mi Max 3 is said to be one of the best big screen phones.

Basically that list has great phones, Im just looking for the best value one going by current prices in Honorbuy.

I'm aware prices change quickly enough on Honorbuy so the prices could be very different next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭dougm1970

i bought a mi max 3....i love HUGE screens....but that was even too big for me....it really is a tablet...just too big.

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i bought a mi max 3....i love HUGE screens....but that was even too big for me....it really is a tablet...just too big.

I just measured the diagonal on the screen of my current phone which is 5in. The Mi Max is huge.

It would be good for home use(almost a Tablet) and use a smaller cheaper phone when out and about.

I don't think its suitable for carrying around with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It's not that big in your hand. Screen size is bigger but the footprint is not a huge jump up in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ra0044

I have the mi max 3 with the 6gb Ram and 128 gig storage.
    Absolutely superb phone and although it's a big phone I really don't have any issues using it. Great screen for watching youtube on the bus and the battery is huge and I easily get 2.5 days out of it with some pretty big usage.
    I really would recommend it if you want a bigger phone. Certainly not for everyone but well worth it.

Do you mind me asking? What phone did you have before the mi max 3? I currently have the mi max 2 and I'm considering a change, I don't know if there's a huge difference between them though.
    I kept a Oneplus One going for 5 years so any new phone would have seemed amazing but theres literally nothing not to like about the Mi Max 3, if you have a 2 you'll love it.

This seems like a stupid question, but any trouble fitting it in your pocket? Also do you have case on it and does that make it much bigger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ra0044

This seems like a stupid question, but any trouble fitting it in your pocket? Also do you have case on it and does that make it much bigger?

Fits in a man's pocket without a problem. As for cases I had a standard fold over leather type but it made the phone huge so I got this one
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/XMTN-Xiaomi-Premium-Leather-Smartphone/dp/B07GF23YJZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1552563479&sr=8-25&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mi+max+3+case&dpPl=1&dpID=51cgJTXYnJL&ref=plSrch

This is much slimmer

Mi Max 3 fits in your pocket no bother, even with jeans. I have a standard clear silicon case on mine.

After using the Max 2 for the last year or so I don't think I could go back to a smaller screen.

Didn't think I'd want a huge phone today, but here we are. Was going to wait until Redmi Note 7 Pro but very tempted to just go for Mi Max 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭patmahe

Been doing some homework lately as I haven't bought a phone in a few years and am really only replacing my current one plus 2 because the battery is becoming a pain.

The Pocophone F1 (128GB) from honorbuy seems like a hell of a phone for not much money. Is it the best option in general around that budget? It seems to tick most of the boxes for what I consider important, battery, large expandable memory and a good camera, good octocore processor and a large screen without being gigantic.

Any other options I should be looking at?

Didn't think I'd want a huge phone today, but here we are. Was going to wait until Redmi Note 7 Pro but very tempted to just go for Mi Max 3 now.

I had Redmi 7 pro in mind for main phone but the prices of the Poco and Max etc have come closer in price to it + the Mi A2 lite is €158 which is great value also. That's why I asked the Qs

patmahe wrote: »
    Been doing some homework lately as I haven't bought a phone in a few years and am really only replacing my current one plus 2 because the battery is becoming a pain.

The Pocophone F1 (128GB) from honorbuy seems like a hell of a phone for not much money. Is it the best option in general around that budget? It seems to tick most of the boxes for what I consider important, battery, large expandable memory and a good camera, good octocore processor and a large screen without being gigantic.

Any other options I should be looking at?

I'm stuck between the max 3 and poco, I've had my eye on the poco for the last 3-4 months but now I'm at the stage where I'm worried it will be out of date within a few weeks if they announce an updated version / f2.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭patmahe

I'm stuck between the max 3 and poco, I've had my eye on the poco for the last 3-4 months but now I'm at the stage where I'm worried it will be out of date within a few weeks if they announce an updated version / f2.

I had a similar train of thought, but I did some poking about online and although I think the F2 will have a higher spec, I also it will also cost around €450 which is more than I am willing to spend. So I think the F1 is the best in its price range and there will always be something newer and better just around the corner when it comes to tech.

The Max 3 has an amazing battery and very large screen but the other specs I feel let it down a little compared to the F1. Also purely from a practical point of view, I'd rather not be carrying around a phone of that size.

Thanks by the way, always good to find that someone else was thinking along the same lines :)

Tips:

Finally ordered the Redmi Note 7.

Free headphones thrown in with pre-order.

Judging on shipping times by others here, should have it next Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Poco has a hideous notch and no headphone Jack also nowhere near as good of a battery. Mi Max 4 could be announced soon though:

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/01/31/xiaomi-mi-max-4-mi-max-4-pro-full-specifications-and-pricing-leaked/

Advertisement