Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

cadaliac wrote: »

Is that + shipping, and Vat (plus handling charge) , or is it shipped from within the EU ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Has anyone bought the Redmi Note 7 Pro from HonorBuy EU Direct for 200 euro (albeit it's the 4/64 version, 4/128 is preorder). It seems the 4G bands are fine for Ireland, it's a Global version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

rizzee wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the Redmi Note 7 Pro from HonorBuy EU Direct for 200 euro (albeit it's the 4/64 version, 4/128 is preorder). It seems the 4G bands are fine for Ireland, it's a Global version

There is not currently a Global Version of the Pro version with Band Support for here. Nor is there going to be a global version of it.

You could have provided a link, but I think your looking at the Redmi Note 7 (without pro).

https://www.honorbuy.com/1627-redmi-note-7-4gb-64gb-official-global-version-smartphone-black.html

corkie wrote: »
    There is not currently a Global Version of the Pro version with Band Support for here. Nor is there going to be a global version of it.

You could have provided a link, but I think your looking at the Redmi Note 7 (without pro).

https://www.honorbuy.com/1627-redmi-note-7-4gb-64gb-official-global-version-smartphone-black.html

Thats the one! Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

have one a couple of weeks now, it's fine for the networks here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ra0044

I bought the wife one last month. In a very bright pink colour. Phone works really well. She likes it and is coming from a mi a1.

Ah, great. Seems like one of the best value phones around. Middle of the road processor but decent battery and camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

I may have missed some posts, but don’t see much about the Mi 9 SE Global Version?

Don’t have the budget for the Mi 9 price, but was looking at Povo F1 and Mi 9 SE has global version released now.

What was the Mi 8 lite like last year in comparison to the Mi 8? Anyone have a Mi 9 SE yet?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is that + shipping, and Vat (plus handling charge) , or is it shipped from within the EU ?

Only saw this now, I’m guessing minus shipping et al. Never dawned on me. I guess the final leg of purchase would see the “final” price.
    Good spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Need new phone and stuck between 3

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-redmi-note-7-4gb-128gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIptfjwfHV4QIVzLvtCh04RQgKEAQYAiABEgJHWvD_BwE#/product/28567

https://www.honorbuy.com/1453-xiaomi-mi-a2-official-global-version-4gb-ram-64gb-smartphone-black.html

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-mobile.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItt7vps_W4QIVrrvtCh1a4wjxEAQYAiABEgJgZPD_BwE#/product/26352

Mostly want a decent camera so pocophone mite be out of the picture. Budget is 250 so all in range. Mostly swinging towards note 7 but some decent reviews for the mi-a2. Upgrading from redmi note 3 pro.

There is a note 7 that's 6gb ram 128gb but unsure will the band's work here. (Edit won't work here so gone)

Edit: just want something that's decent enough speed wise for browsing and switching between apps, won't be gaming.

How's people finding camera on note 7

Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

DANNY2014 wrote: »

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-redmi-note-7-4gb-128gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIptfjwfHV4QIVzLvtCh04RQgKEAQYAiABEgJHWvD_BwE#/product/28567

https://www.honorbuy.com/1453-xiaomi-mi-a2-official-global-version-4gb-ram-64gb-smartphone-black.html

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-pocophone-f1-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-mobile.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItt7vps_W4QIVrrvtCh1a4wjxEAQYAiABEgJgZPD_BwE#/product/26352

Mostly want a decent camera so pocophone mite be out of the picture. Budget is 250 so all in range. Mostly swinging towards note 7 but some decent reviews for the mi-a2. Upgrading from redmi note 3 pro.

There is a note 7 that's 6gb ram 128gb but unsure will the band's work here. (Edit won't work here so gone)

Edit: just want something that's decent enough speed wise for browsing and switching between apps, won't be gaming.

Any help appreciated.

I am coming from a iPhone 7 to the Redmi Note 7 Global Version 4gb Ram.

Speed wise, I am having no problems, do plenty of switching between apps and no lag or issues to report.

The main camera is decent, takes a second to focus in different lighting situations. The selfie / front facing camera is not as good as what I had on the iPhone 7 that's for sure, but that doesn't bother me too much.

Battery life getting me to the late afternoon of the 2nd day.

Has fast charging, but needs a fast charger 3 pin plug to work here as an adapter to go from 2 pin to 3 pin doesn't work.

I've nova launcher prime installed with Tesla Unread for notifications. There is some issues with notifications for some apps disappearing but takes a bit of tweaking with nova and tesla to get around this.

Overall for €230 delivered it cracking value for money and I'm happy with the performance and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Any help appreciated.

I'm waiting on a Note 7 I bought last week from eGlobal and will update here when I get it. Paid €175 as there was a promotion running on UK site and I could deliver to UK. Coming from Mi A1.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a Note 7 I bought last week from eGlobal and will update here when I get it. Paid €175 as there was a promotion running on UK site

Have you got a link to this? Any possibility it's still running cheers.

shmeee wrote: »
    selfie wouldn't be important once main is decent. Cheers

selfie wouldn't be important once main is decent. Cheers

The selfie camera on the google camera app is very good, it's only on certain apps the quality is reduced and this happens across a various of android phones and is due to app developers having to work with so many phones compared to just an iphone.

I've installed and using the google camera apk over the pre-installed stock camera.

Here you go. Found on HUKD here for reference and seems to be still running, but without the need for the code to be entered anymore.

Definitely leaning towards this. The main camera is 48mp camera is this correct?

No major difference between 4gb/64gb and 4gb/128gb but memory?

Here you go. Found on HUKD here for reference and seems to be still running, but without the need for the code to be entered anymore.

Cracking price that.

I got mine from honourbuy and was delivered in less than 48 hours.

Are eglobal as reliable?

Great stuff thank you. Obviously no customs with this as coming from eu. Great price. Gonna make the purchase later. thanks.

I've bought around 5 phones from eGlobal now and never a problem. Slower to ship as I understand they ship them in bulk from China to UK and then ship from there so you could be waiting on a shipment for popular phones. Average delivery time for me has been about 2 weeks - quickest was a week, but most were 2 weeks. Never had customs charges.

General advice is buy using Paypal and CC, as they are a Chinese company and there have always been stories floating around about it being a disaster if things do go wrong (e.g. lost in shipping etc.) and Paypal/Credit Card will protect you from that.

It has a 48MP camera on the back but the sensor isn't as good as the Pro version that's not available in a Global version. Still very capable from what I've seen - plenty of reviews around.

No difference between 64/128 aside from space. Expandable memory slot anyway, so didn't make a difference to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Cracking price that.

I got mine from honourbuy and was delivered in less than 48 hours.

Are eglobal as reliable?

Nowhere near as quick. I waited 7 weeks for a note 5 and even then in an effort to move it along I'd to compromise on the colour.

I wouldn't be in a rush to use them again to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ImARebel wrote: »
    Nowhere near as quick. I waited 7 weeks for a note 5 and even then in an effort to move it along I'd to compromise on the colour.

I wouldn't be in a rush to use them again to be honest

Did you use the EU warehouse? Any time of ordered from them it's been super fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

fixxxer wrote: »
    Did you use the EU warehouse? Any time of ordered from them it's been super fast.

Maybe I typed it wrong. I meant eglobal were nowhere near as good as honorbuy.

Only just bought a mi pad 4 off them (HB) ordered Sunday evening delivered Tuesday morning. Great service , I know you're paying well for it but it I'm going to pay for delivery I want service like that :D

4/128gb note 7 in blue and black now for sale 227 euro, red colour is preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jelutong

Note 7 4/128 gb now on eglobal for €202.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Bawnmore wrote:
    I'm waiting on a Note 7 I bought last week from eGlobal and will update here when I get it. Paid €175 as there was a promotion running on UK site and I could deliver to UK. Coming from Mi A1.

I've an A1 myself. I'm looking forward to what you think when you get the Note 7.

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I've an A1 myself. I'm looking forward to what you think when you get the Note 7.

I'll let you know - it's been shipped, so I'd expect I'll have it next week at this stage. I've definitely held out too long for a good deal, as my A1 is in very poor shape at this stage but soldiering on. It's been a great phone in fairness - no complaints at all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I'll let you know - it's been shipped, so I'd expect I'll have it next week at this stage. I've definitely held out too long for a good deal, as my A1 is in very poor shape at this stage but soldiering on. It's been a great phone in fairness - no complaints at all about it.

Cheers! Have mine a year and a half and in fairness despite slowing a little, it's still in good nick. Haven't been looking for a replacement but if the reports were good on the Note 7 in comparison I might start having a look. I've been tempted by meizu and nubia phones before as well but after the A1 I'd find it hard to go away from Xiaomi.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Looking at pulling the trigger today on either a Xaomi Note 7 or an Umidigi F1 Play, I'm leaning more towards the Umidigi as it has a bigger battery and NFC but not hearing a lot of love for the brand. Anyone have any experience with Umidigi phones?

I'm moving on from an Ulefone Power 3 so I'm used to a bigger battery, both look to have the same camera setup, but the Note 7 seems to have better support/community. Pricing is similar, the Umidigi is cheaper but only if it gets through customs from China, I can't see any in stock in any EU warehouses.

Head starting to fry!!! ;p

Advertisement