Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Looking at pulling the trigger today on either a Xaomi Note 7 or an Umidigi F1 Play, I'm leaning more towards the Umidigi as it has a bigger battery and NFC but not hearing a lot of love for the brand. Anyone have any experience with Umidigi phones?

I'm moving on from an Ulefone Power 3 so I'm used to a bigger battery, both look to have the same camera setup, but the Note 7 seems to have better support/community. Pricing is similar, the Umidigi is cheaper but only if it gets through customs from China, I can't see any in stock in any EU warehouses.

Head starting to fry!!! ;p

Snapdragon Processor on the Xiaomi would be preferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

As above, id go for the Xiaomi but if you need/use NFC the Umi F1 would be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Just wondering again if anyone has any thoughts on the Mi 9 SE?

Have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 at the moment and it's starting to act up - touch screen stops working couple times a day and have to reboot, and looking for a better camera etc.

Like the Xiamoi brand and keen to stick with them - was tossing between the RN7 and Mi 9 SE - have the budget to go for Mi 9 SE - but still trying to figure out if it is worth it.

Does anyone on here have a Mi 9 and what are your thoughts? I think I have a bad case of analysis paralysis at the moment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

eposhea wrote: »
    Just wondering again if anyone has any thoughts on the Mi 9 SE?

Have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 at the moment and it's starting to act up - touch screen stops working couple times a day and have to reboot, and looking for a better camera etc.

Like the Xiamoi brand and keen to stick with them - was tossing between the RN7 and Mi 9 SE - have the budget to go for Mi 9 SE - but still trying to figure out if it is worth it.

Does anyone on here have a Mi 9 and what are your thoughts? I think I have a bad case of analysis paralysis at the moment!!

Very tempted by this too was waiting for the Global redmi note 7 pro but that's not happening, this looks a cracking phone at the price

Can be got on Bangood duty free (using EU priority line shipping) for €285
    Using code 5BGM9SE. Black colour only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

NATLOR wrote: »
    Very tempted by this too was waiting for the Global redmi note 7 pro but that's not happening, this looks a cracking phone at the price

Can be got on Bangood duty free (using EU priority line shipping) for €285
    Using code 5BGM9SE. Black colour only

I like Banggood, and the support service is good.
    But.....
    Their EU Priority Line has gone to absolute crap. Garbage.

You will have to wait a minimum of 60 WORKING days before they will entertain the start of the refund process if your item doesn't show up, and Paypal aren't any help, allowing them 45 days from shipping, and then 10 days to respond to dispute etc.

I didn't get a vacuum cleaner, 2 phones and a drone. Still waiting on another phone that isn't coming. (

Better to use their normal shipping and pay the VAT if it gets stopped or buy somewhere else (I haven't had an item stopped with normal shipping, but always expect to).

This has all been an issue since they tried to fix the EU shipping and added it to every product (even the ones under the limit).

Many reports of items missing, but the people are blaming banggood, which isn't likely their fault.

• Advertisement

Thanks for tip. Will be avoiding them so! Plenty of other no customs options around the 300 euro mark. Ali Express etc

Thanks for tip. Will be avoiding them so! Plenty of other no customs options around the 300 euro mark. Ali Express etc

Yea - I got my RN4 on AliExpress back in 2017 - faultless! That was delivered to Australia tho - this would be first time getting something shipped in the EU, so want to make sure I use correct store/shipping! Can get the 128GB on AliExpress for €348 including shipping which seems a good deal!

Suckit wrote: »
    I like Banggood, and the support service is good.
    But.....
    Their EU Priority Line has gone to absolute crap. Garbage.

That is a string of bad luck/service for those products alright! Will stick to AliExpress I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Twiddling my thumbs waiting on Redmi Note 7 from eGlobal. 13 days now - got an email to say it shipped 5 days in, but it's still not tracking with tracking number. Ho hum.

Yea - I got my RN4 on AliExpress back in 2017 - faultless! That was delivered to Australia tho - this would be first time getting something shipped in the EU, so want to make sure I use correct store/shipping! Can get the 128GB on AliExpress for €348 including shipping which seems a good deal!

That is a string of bad luck/service for those products alright! Will stick to AliExpress I reckon.

There are a couple of Ali express stores that offer duty free DHL shipping
    HongKong Goldway/mi global store are 2 I have used previously and can recommend

There are a couple of Ali express stores that offer duty free DHL shipping
    HongKong Goldway/mi global store are 2 I have used previously and can recommend

Yea, I used Goldway before - Mi Global Store looks the better priced, so am hovering in there on an hourly basis checking the price.

The phone is available through some retail channels in Europe at the moment but price is €399. Mi Global Store comes in €50 cheaper - half of me is expecting a flash sale any minute so haven't pressed the buy button yet!

• Advertisement

Yea, I used Goldway before - Mi Global Store looks the better priced, so am hovering in there on an hourly basis checking the price.

The phone is available through some retail channels in Europe at the moment but price is €399. Mi Global Store comes in €50 cheaper - half of me is expecting a flash sale any minute so haven't pressed the buy button yet!

Worth keeping any eye on Kivomil deals too

https://www.kimovil.com/en/special/dailydeals

Worth keeping any eye on Kivomil deals too

https://www.kimovil.com/en/special/dailydeals

Excellent - thanks! Used Kimovil to find the Mi Global store deal - but did not know they had a daily deals page! Will def bookmark for the next dew days.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BannerBoy1

Not sure if anyone has had this issue or if it's already been discussed here but whenever I turn on my xiaomi mi 5 a notification comes up that my battery temperature is too low and then it shuts off about a minute later (it says in settings my battery temperature is -29°C). I've had the phone for about 2 and a half years but replaced the battery about 7 months ago. I've another spare battery with me, could putting in a new battery solve the issue or is it a problem with the phone itself does anyone know? I suppose the best bet is to just replace it and find out that way? (And no sticking it on a roasting hot radiator doesn't work ðŸ˜)Thanks

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Twiddling my thumbs waiting on Redmi Note 7 from eGlobal. 13 days now - got an email to say it shipped 5 days in, but it's still not tracking with tracking number. Ho hum.

Arrived in London to where I sent it. Will have by end of week - bit excited now!

Arrived in London to where I sent it. Will have by end of week - bit excited now!

Felt inspired by your excitement - just pulled the trigger on the Mi 9 SE through AliExpress Mi Global Store!

Looking forward to getting it now - nice upgrade from RN4!

Felt inspired by your excitement - just pulled the trigger on the Mi 9 SE through AliExpress Mi Global Store!

Congrats - hope you're not waiting too long for it now!

Congrats - hope you're not waiting too long for it now!

Hopefully not - says max 15 days delivery - but you never know with these orders - lots of places something could go wrong!:D

what price was it and will you have to pay customs or are you using DHL?

it's going for €290 delivered on eglobal at the moment. no customs with eglobal obviously.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-9-se-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-blue.html

seems to be a great phone in that price range given the AMOLED screen, cpu, build and camera features (main 48mp, wide angle, zoom), NFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

glasso wrote: »

it's going for €290 delivered on eglobal at the moment. no customs with eglobal obviously.

seems to be a great phone in that price range given the AMOLED screen, cpu, build and camera features (main 48mp, wide angle, zoom), NFC

Paying 286 delivered for Mi 9 SE from Eglobal.

waited a few mins on checkout and got 5 euro off voucher.

Purchase made :D

Went for the 128GB Blue (which was sold out a lot of places), €340 in total with DHL - used them before and no issues.
    Kilboor wrote: »
    Paying 286 delivered for Mi 9 SE from Eglobal.

waited a few mins on checkout and got 5 euro off voucher.

Purchase made :D

Nicely done! I had mine in the cart for 2 days on AliExpress app - no vouchers! Worth knowing for next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It is €275.30 for the 6GB/64GB version from Gearvita using EU Priority mail and code Mi9SE001 - https://gearvita.com/xiaomi-mi-9-se-4g-smartphone-6gb-ram-64gb-rom-global-version.html
    Or
    €305.50 for the 6GB/128GB version using code Mi9SE002 - https://gearvita.com/xiaomi-mi-9-se-4g-smartphone-6gb-ram-128gb-rom-global-version.html

Suckit wrote: »
    It is €275.30 for the 6GB/64GB version from Gearvita using EU Priority mail and code Mi9SE001 - https://gearvita.com/xiaomi-mi-9-se-4g-smartphone-6gb-ram-64gb-rom-global-version.html
    Or
    €305.50 for the 6GB/128GB version using code Mi9SE002 - https://gearvita.com/xiaomi-mi-9-se-4g-smartphone-6gb-ram-128gb-rom-global-version.html

Don't think EU Priority covers Customs charge? that's the only thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Purchased the Redmi Note 7 64GB from Aliexpress Xiaomi MC Store on Monday for €183, DHL Express delivery, got a text this morning saying Duty of €23 owed on it, driver calls me a few minutes ago saying he will be delivering this afternoon, with a gentle reminder to pay the duty!

€206 all in with 2 day delivery.....FROM CHINA!!!

Processed at LEIPZIG-DEU
    2019-04-30 22:27:42

Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG-DEU
    2019-04-30 19:48:47

Departed Facility in HONG KONG-HKG
    2019-04-30 04:18:58

Processed at HONG KONG-HKG
    2019-04-30 03:56:19

Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG-HKG
    2019-04-29 21:06:33

Shipment picked up
    2019-04-29 16:02:37

Purchased the Redmi Note 7 64GB from Aliexpress Xiaomi MC Store on Monday for €183, DHL Express delivery, got a text this morning saying Duty of €23 owed on it, driver calls me a few minutes ago saying he will be delivering this afternoon, with a gentle reminder to pay the duty!

Processed at LEIPZIG-DEU

Shipment picked up

DHL are always savage once they get going!

Processed at LEIPZIG-DEU

Shipment picked up

Thats absolutely savage service! Hoping my order will kick on soon!

Don't think EU Priority covers Customs charge? that's the only thing

some companies do claim that EU Priority does avoid customs - not sure if it's 100% tho

some companies do claim that EU Priority does avoid customs - not sure if it's 100% tho

Ya I'm not sure Gearvita do, tried to find something about it yesterday but all that popped up was some Hungarian forum and after a quick translate it looks like poeple got done for customs

Ya I'm not sure Gearvita do, tried to find something about it yesterday but all that popped up was some Hungarian forum and after a quick translate it looks like poeple got done for customs

Yea, that's the reason I stuck with Mi Global Store on AliExpress - They "guarantee no customs + VAT charges". All feedback online seems to point that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Is the Mi A2 still worth buying?
    Looking at it for the missus as I got her a 16GB P7 Lite year before last, not realising you couldn't move apps onto the SD card when it starts running out of space..

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Is the Mi A2 still worth buying?
    Looking at it for the missus as I got her a 16GB P7 Lite year before last, not realising you couldn't move apps onto the SD card when it starts running out of space..

with most modern phones now you can install an sd card as internal storage (should give you a choice on insertion) but be careful to buy a high quality sd card for this - get one with a U3 rating (the old class 10 means nothing these days) with a good write speed as otherwise it will slow the phone down no end.

also when you do this (as internal as opposed to portable storage) you can't remove the card unless you do a factory reset as the phone will crash.

Advertisement