Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Kilboor wrote: »
    Don't think EU Priority covers Customs charge? that's the only thing

It is named as the shipment method without customs everywhere it is available.
    Not sure it covers it, but I haven't heard of anything ever getting stopped for taxes using EU Priority from any store
    Priority Lines are where the package is shipped to a station in the EU, repackaged and forwarded to its destination.

After it is repackaged it's (considered) a new package that originated in the EU.
    In the case of many, i believe it is 'purchased' by an office in Slovakia or Netherlands as the conveyor.
    Gearvita, Banggood, Geekbuying, Tomtop, Cafago Gearbest and others use that method on many items.

Edited - Saying that, many of them will have 'tariff insurance' to cover you for any unexpected/unwelcome charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭granturismo

Don't think EU Priority covers Customs charge? that's the only thing

I've used Banggood's EU priority twice this year for €80 and €160 items. Both items were shipped from China to the Netherlands to Ireland. There was no reference to China on either package, so as they were shipped from Netherlands to Ireland, no customs or VAT charges were due.

Banggood had an additional approx €3 optional charge as insurance against Customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I've used Banggood's EU priority twice this year for €80 and €160 items. Both items were shipped from China to the Netherlands to Ireland. There was no reference to China on either package, so as they were shipped from Netherlands to Ireland, no customs or VAT charges were due.

Banggood had an additional approx €3 optional charge as insurance against Customs charges.

I'm well aware of the EU Priority shipping from Banggood and the likes good to know its always risk free :) Gearvita though is a company I have never even heard of, anyone ever actually ordered from them using eu priority before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Bought the note 7 last Thurs from honorbuy (went for the quick delivery over eglobal price) 4gb/128gb 240 delivered Monday and quite happy with it. Lovely phone and nice upgrade from my rn3 pro.

Two things need answered

have seen people talk about Gcam app any links to this and is it worth installing much difference between that and stock app.

And what's the best charger for this phone (am lost when it comes to them) looking on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Bought the note 7 last Thurs from honorbuy (went for the quick delivery over eglobal price) 4gb/128gb 240 delivered Monday and quite happy with it. Lovely phone and nice upgrade from my rn3 pro.

Two things need answered

have seen people talk about Gcam app any links to this and is it worth installing much difference between that and stock app.

And what's the best charger for this phone (am lost when it comes to them) looking on Amazon.

I went for the note 7 too but on Amazon Spain. Good price and expected delivery WAS today (ordered on Monday). Looking at the tracker now it's not here till next Tuesday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Gearvita though is a company I have never heard of...

Sister company of gearbest afaik.

I'm well aware of the EU Priority shipping from Banggood and the likes good to know its always risk free :) Gearvita though is a company I have never even heard of, anyone ever actually ordered from them using eu priority before?
    I've used them a few times and haven't had any issues.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Sister company of gearbest afaik.
    I don't think so.
    Zaful, Rosegal, Dresslily, Gearbest and others fall under the Globalegrow umbrella.
    Gearvita is under the Shenzhen Vapesourcing Electronics Co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Anyone familiar with tracking via gearbest? Im using EU priority shipping for an umidigi f1 play phone.

There hasn't been any update in over a week. Should I expect to see further detail on status since the package has left the sorting centre?

Last Vessel
    To: Ireland
    The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically

First Vessel (1019 MS)
    Departure in Location Warehouse Sorting Centre.
    2019-04-26 17:17:04

thewools wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with tracking via gearbest? Im using EU priority shipping for an umidigi f1 play phone.

They use different method. Handy for them when they don't want to reimburse you.

Try tracking it here - https://oneworldexpress.com/- https://www.aftership.com/courier/oneworldexpress
    Other sites that track them, less frequently - https://www.1tracking.net/ and https://www.trackingmore.com/shop/gearbest-tracking

Edited.
    There are other sites like
    17track.net
    and
    trackitonline.ru

But oneworldexpress usually better for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Back to square one on a Mi9SE. Mi Global Store on AliExpress email to say it's the Chinese version they have and not Global and to cancel order if I want too.

Back to hunting down the bargains again.

• Advertisement

eposhea wrote: »
    Back to square one on a Mi9SE. Mi Global Store on AliExpress email to say it's the Chinese version they have and not Global and to cancel order if I want too.

Back to hunting down the bargains again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110066637&postcount=802

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Suckit wrote: »

👌 Was gonna look at that alright! Gonna wait til refunded tho, just in case anything happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I'll let you know - it's been shipped, so I'd expect I'll have it next week at this stage. I've definitely held out too long for a good deal, as my A1 is in very poor shape at this stage but soldiering on. It's been a great phone in fairness - no complaints at all about it.

Have this a few days ago and have to say I'm very impressed. Coming from the Mi A1, it feels like a big step up. Lovely screen, camera seems much better, much much quicker (which could just be as it's new) - joy to use. Seems like a no brainer - i got it at €175 and I've seen it cheaper again since then - well worth the money if you're looking for a phone at this price. I'd use my phone a lot through the day and I'm getting to the end of day 2 before battery is gone. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Is anyone having any issues right now with eglobal deliveries ? Its now 2 weeks since i ordered a Nokia 6.1 Plus with them and the tracking messages for the last 6 days are "We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible ". this is after a load of the standard "its with the courier", " at courier depot" etc etc.

This is my 3rd phone bought with them, it always takes at least 3 weeks, but they are also not responding to repeated email queries about status etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

mx5ire wrote: »
    Is anyone having any issues right now with eglobal deliveries ? Its now 2 weeks since i ordered a Nokia 6.1 Plus with them and the tracking messages for the last 6 days are "We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible ". this is after a load of the standard "its with the courier", " at courier depot" etc etc.

This is my 3rd phone bought with them, it always takes at least 3 weeks, but they are also not responding to repeated email queries about status etc.

8 weeks to get a RN5 didn't arrive for Christmas and in the end I'd to go with a colour that wasnt what was wanted just to actually get a phone

Never again

I ordered with them for the first time last Thursday, was worried I'd suffer similiar to you but I received my DPD tracking link last night which isn't too bad so looking like less than a week for delivery.

On the way to Athlone currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Usually means they accepted your order when they didn't have stick. Now they stall until their stock arrives.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Usually means they accepted your order when they didn't have stick. Now they stall until their stock arrives.

Yeah i suspect that. It said in stock when i ordered, and still does. The irritating piece is that they don't answer emails. I would prefer to cancel at this stage but i am not even sure how to do that at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah i suspect that. It said in stock when i ordered, and still does. The irritating piece is that they don't answer emails. I would prefer to cancel at this stage but i am not even sure how to do that at this stage.

Email them and tell them you're cancelling and if they don't respond you'll do a charge back on your Credit Card. usually gets an answer.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Email them and tell them you're cancelling and if they don't respond you'll do a charge back on your Credit Card. usually gets an answer.

I had emailed them and asked about Cancellation or changing phones, no response. As you suggest, I might drop them another mail saying that i definitely want to cancel.

Whats odd is that lots of sections of their site dont appear to be working. So from the original email that they sent me almost 2 weeks ago with the Post tracking number, (not the courier one, that comes later), it now goes to page not found, after initially working fine. I can only view it now as i had kept the page open in a browser. Linking to it again and it fails, Page not found. The FAQ's are the same, and the Cancellation, Return and Refund pages are the same.

I bought via Paypal, so might explore my options there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I ordered an RN7 recently from eGlobal, got a shipping notification a few days after but the tracking didn't have an info in it except that the courier were waiting to receive the package. It stayed like that until I received it. Took 2 weeks in total.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I ordered an RN7 recently from eGlobal, got a shipping notification a few days after but the tracking didn't have an info in it except that the courier were waiting to receive the package. It stayed like that until I received it. Took 2 weeks in total.

My last two phone orders were similar to that, lots of courier related messages on consecutive days, but after about 10 days i did get a separate courier number, and then it was another 5 days or so as it came though the courier company WND. The last order was done in mid to late march. Unfortunately this order is a present that i wanted for friday - i will just need to source something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Any opinions on Honor View 20?

I'm kind of tied between that, Mi 9, Samsung A70 and Google Pixel 3A XL at the moment.

Eglobal update.

Ordered last Tuesday evening. Shipped on the 6th/7th via DPD, here today.

Can't complain

Eglobal update.

Ordered last Tuesday evening. Shipped on the 6th/7th via DPD, here today.

Can't complain

Well at least they havent gone bust then !

Mine was ordered on the 24th, then the next day the comment was "The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse." - which is a blatant lie. This nonsense went on for 6 more days before the start of the "Due to unforseen circumstances ..." messages.

I assume mine is just out of stock, i just wish they would answer emails and be more upfront - i could take a different unit instead, now i don't know how long i will be waiting. I am trying to convince myself to buy something else locally and return the eglobal one within the 30 day policy.

Well at least they havent gone bust then !

Mine was ordered on the 24th, then the next day the comment was "The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse." - which is a blatant lie. This nonsense went on for 6 more days before the start of the "Due to unforseen circumstances ..." messages.

I assume mine is just out of stock, i just wish they would answer emails and be more upfront - i could take a different unit instead, now i don't know how long i will be waiting. I am trying to convince myself to buy something else locally and return the eglobal one within the 30 day policy.

At least when the tracking stops being fake the delivery is quick. Do you really want to deal with their return policy, if their delivery policy is that bad

At least when the tracking stops being fake the delivery is quick. Do you really want to deal with their return policy, if their delivery policy is that bad

That's exactly what is putting me off....

if they even said it'll be a month, i might just suck it up, but no answer just boils my blood.

Last delivery in March was a bit slow with no 'real' tracking detail after 10 days, so i mailed them, they mailed straight back and said its on the way, and next day had 'real' tracking etc. I think they just forgot !

Been using the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE since yesterday evening now.

Fantastic phone I have no complaints as of yet! Camera is better than I expected but I am coming from an iphone 5c (temporary back up device) and before that Redmi Note 4.

I nearly bit on the Mi 9 SE (and still might). Only for the camera. But all the reviews I've read and comparison sites say the camera on the Mi 8 is better (particularly for scenery and low light.).
    The 9 SE camera looks to give better results close up detail on Kimovil, but the 9 SE is not on GSMArena, and I've already seen a few that say the Moto G7 plus is a better camera than that (Mi 8).
    Neither have great batteries though, and as I am looking mainly for camera over performance (sub €300) I may keep looking.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    I nearly bit on the Mi 9 SE (and still might). Only for the camera. But all the reviews I've read and comparison sites say the camera on the Mi 8 is better (particularly for scenery and low light.).
    The 9 SE camera looks to give better results close up detail on Kimovil, but the 9 SE is not on GSMArena, and I've already seen a few that say the Moto G7 plus is a better camera than that (Mi 8).
    Neither have great batteries though, and as I am looking mainly for camera over performance (sub €300) I may keep looking.

I'd say they're all of a muchness, I'll try get some shots with the Mi 9 SE sometime over weekend and get back to you.

Advertisement