Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Posted this in the Xiaomi 9 thread, but I guess makes more sense to post it here:

6GB/64GB version for €342.99 using code NEUABONNIEREN delivered in Germany.
    https://www.tecobuy.de/de_DE/xiaomi-...r-schwarz.html
    Use mailboxde.com to get it delivered for around €14.

Suckit wrote: »
    Posted this in the Xiaomi 9 thread, but I guess makes more sense to post it here:

Also £309 from Eglobal with code 10GOO.

Did anyone buy the Billion Capture Plus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Pocophone F2 or Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro being "leaked" / launched tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Also £309 from Eglobal with code 10GOO.

I pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago on Mi9 SE 128GB Blue on Banggood - out on delivery today with GLS - hoping it will be home after work! Went against the advice on here about Banggood - but the price was €306 delivered using code: BG5M9E2

Cant wait to unbox it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I've been looking at some Xiaomi phones on Amazon Germany & Spain. They tend to have three different options Fr/De/It , UK & International.
    What is the difference & which one should I choose. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

jgbyr wrote: »
    I've been looking at some Xiaomi phones on Amazon Germany & Spain. They tend to have three different options Fr/De/It , UK & International.
    What is the difference & which one should I choose. Thanks

If you are going to use the phone in Germany , then choose De .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭budgemook

My wife needs a new phone. Previous phone was redmi note 4 so I guess the 7 is the way to go. Reviews look decent - any feedback from here?

I see posters saying eGlobal sent the phone pretty quickly, I'll check them out.

Did anyone buy the Billion Capture Plus?

Bought this for €60 (32GB version).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

budgemook wrote: »
    My wife needs a new phone. Previous phone was redmi note 4 so I guess the 7 is the way to go. Reviews look decent - any feedback from here?

I see posters saying eGlobal sent the phone pretty quickly, I'll check them out.

There or Honorbuy will have it to you within a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭budgemook

GBX wrote: »
    There or Honorbuy will have it to you within a few days.

Thanks, they look good and the additional cost looks to be more or less the same as what customs would charge for a phone shipped from China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Good deal

Good deal
    I thought so, EU warranty etc. included.
    My friends oredered one, and it arrived on Tuesday and he went on a stag on Friday. While in the shower before going out one of mates came in to talk to whoever else was in that room, sat on bed and phone :eek::(.

EU warranty will cover a lot, but not that.

Motorola MOTO Z2 Force 4G Smartphone 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Global Version for €170 delivered using code MOZ2YR
    https://gearvita.com/motorola-moto-z2-force.html
    Select EU Priority Shipping to avoid any extra fees.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Motorola-Moto-Force-Smartphone-Black/product/B076D3Z6GC

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

Hey folks
    So, my son had a redmi note 4 which was quiet good, I have a redmi note 5, which is great only I've cracked the screen, so the plan is to find a decent quality screen for the right price & try fix it for the missus :p
    For myself, I'm planning on either the redmi note 7 or the Mi max3.
    Any thoughts on fixing the RN5 & which phone to buy for myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭greenore

Paulmc. wrote: »
    Hey folks
    So, my son had a redmi note 4 which was quiet good, I have a redmi note 5, which is great only I've cracked the screen, so the plan is to find a decent quality screen for the right price & try fix it for the missus :p

cant help with broken screen but im using the MI Max 3 for over a year now

and all i can say is WOW!!!!

some bit of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

Over a year....:eek: I'm outta touch
    Looking at it on Honorbuy but it's out of stock atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Check out www.sunsky-online.com for replacement screens & lots of other stuff.
    Got a screen for rn5 recently & managed to fit myself but not a very tidy job for a first attempt.
    Anyway, you will pick up a screen for less than €20.
    Used a rn7 for a while also, very good phone for the money imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Paulmc. wrote:
    Hey folks So, my son had a redmi note 4 which was quiet good, I have a redmi note 5, which is great only I've cracked the screen, so the plan is to find a decent quality screen for the right price & try fix it for the missus For myself, I'm planning on either the redmi note 7 or the Mi max3. Any thoughts on fixing the RN5 & which phone to buy for myself

Order the screen with the frame attached for your phone simple fix then no glueing or messing about

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Paulmc. wrote: »
    Hey folks

Have to say - if you can stretch for the Mi 9 SE, it is an exceptional phone! I;'ve never really bought flagship phones before. Had a RN4 myself and now on the Mi 9 SE - no comparison. Its actually a better sized phone for your hand and because of low bezel, the screen size is better - great camera, exceptionally fast. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

I got from Banggood for €309 delivered - delivery took 2 weeks, but worth the €50 odd savings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

How long does Honorbuy usually take to deliver?
    Gonna get the Mi9 SE for herself. Presume I'll need a different plug as well as it looks like it comes with an EU plug, rather than UK jobbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Usually 2-3 days. Not sure on the plug. Could be either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any orders I've got have had the two prong plugs, but the USB cable detaches so you can use it with any other charger you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Tazzimus wrote: »
    How long does Honorbuy usually take to deliver?
    Gonna get the Mi9 SE for herself. Presume I'll need a different plug as well as it looks like it comes with an EU plug, rather than UK jobbie.

Got a phone from them last week. Ordered on the Wed night & it was delivered on Fri. Two pin plug with a usb connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Nice one folks. I'll grab an 18W plug off Amazon as well later on and that'll be her birthday sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

Help me to decide:
    I had a xiaomi note 4x before, that was stolen so in need of a new phone. I would have replaced it depending on the next upgrade.
    Have my eyes on either the xiaomi note 7 or 9t. Battery is really important to me, camera too, but happy with the quality of note 4x, besides in low light settings. I mainly use the phone for apps like YouTube, WhatsApp, Google maps or surfing. No games.
    I fail to see how with my habit the additional 140 euros for the 9t make sense, although I prefer the notch less design.
    Anything I am missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Harika wrote: »
    Help me to decide:
    I had a xiaomi note 4x before, that was stolen so in need of a new phone. I would have replaced it depending on the next upgrade.
    Have my eyes on either the xiaomi note 7 or 9t. Battery is really important to me, camera too, but happy with the quality of note 4x, besides in low light settings. I mainly use the phone for apps like YouTube, WhatsApp, Google maps or surfing. No games.
    I fail to see how with my habit the additional 140 euros for the 9t make sense, although I prefer the notch less design.
    Anything I am missing?

No B20 on this if its important to you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

wheres the cheapest to buy Mi 9 SE or MI 9 global?.or is there a better phone out there for similar money?,cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Raoul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Raoul wrote: »

That's correct it's the Note 7 Pro that has no global version

Advertisement