Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can anyone recommend a cover for the Note 7 that is available on Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

bassy wrote: »
    wheres the cheapest to buy Mi 9 SE or MI 9 global?.or is there a better phone out there for similar money?,cheers.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-9-global

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Mi9 SE arrived this morning.
    Ordered Monday night, that's some good service right there.
    Lovely looking phone as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Mi9 SE arrived this morning.
    Ordered Monday night, that's some good service right there.
    Lovely looking phone as well.

What site did you buy it on and total price ?.

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    What site did you buy it on and total price ?.
    Honorbuy cos I needed it quickly.
    Think all in it was €339 for the 128GB model, express delivery from EU warehouse etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Folks, looking to draw on a bit of your experience...

Does the HK Goldway DHL Shipping option avoid customs charges?

I'm looking to buy a Xiaomi Mi A1 but the HK Goldway store says it's a US plug, presumably one of my old chargers will work fine with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yes to both questions. Have used them myself. Phone gets shipped to the UK first then forwarded to buyer so as far as customs are concerned it's a UK purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

I picked up a redmi note 7 after, from honorbuy. 3rd time I've ordered through them, very fast and no hassle, so I'll continue to use them in the future too. I'm a few steps behind everyone else here with the phones, but I have to say, love the rn7. I'm also gonna order the screen as suggested earlier and repair the rn5 for the missus.
    Got a charging port last week from sunsky for less than a fiver for an old htc phone that stopped charging, put in the new one and happy days, now the youngest lad has a phone which otherwise was going in the bin:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Has anyone bought an Asus Zenphone 6 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Xiaomi MI A2 lite

I think I might have accidentally bought two of these by mistake. Has anyone had any experience of this phone? It's on the Android One program I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭BowWow

Akrasia wrote: »
    Xiaomi MI A2 lite

I think I might have accidentally bought two of these by mistake. Has anyone had any experience of this phone? It's on the Android One program I believe

Excellent phone.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057909210

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

The official xiaomi UK shop has some sale on with actual good prices of older phones. Mi8, mi 8 pro, note 6. Might be more over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Akrasia wrote: »
    Xiaomi MI A2 lite

This is my current phone.
    Runs like clockwork - highly recommend.
    Yeah, it runs on Android One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Which phone would you get for the same price

Note 5 64gb or S2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

RasTa wrote: »
    Which phone would you get for the same price

Note 5 64gb or S2?

I'd get the note 5. Is that in Argos? I was looking for one for my father at their discounted price, no stock anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Aye, in the UK. The S2 is back in stock but the don't know when the note 5 is back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

Mi uk shop has this week
    Mi 2s with powerbank for 239 pound
    Mi mix 3 for 279 pounds
    Note 7 with Mi band for 159 pound
    The only downside is that you have to use parcel motel or similar, and those are lower storage models

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Harika wrote: »
    Mi uk shop has this week
    Mi 2s with powerbank for 239 pound
    Mi mix 3 for 279 pounds
    Note 7 with Mi band for 159 pound
    The only downside is that you have to use parcel motel or similar, and those are lower storage models

No PayPal option, are they accepting Irish credit/debit cards?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

I bought a Note 7 from Gearbest about two weeks ago. I've just noticed that it's been held in customs. My understanding was they shipped from EU warehouses? Or did I get that wrong. Anyone have anything similar happen to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I bought a Note 7 from Gearbest about two weeks ago. I've just noticed that it's been held in customs. My understanding was they shipped from EU warehouses? Or did I get that wrong. Anyone have anything similar happen to them?

They ship some product from EU. Not everything. Likely you'll have to pay duty and the fee to the courier for collecting this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

Does bangood eu priority line arrive with an post?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Jaklmex wrote: »
    Does bangood eu priority line arrive with an post?

Cheers
    EU Priority Line from Banggood only works 25% of the time to Ireland imo.

If I'm ordering something from Banggood now that is likely to be charged, I tick 'Tariff Insurance' at checkout.
    I find it much faster and (so far) I've not been charged anything at the door, but I know if I ever am, that I am covered for a refund. It's usually roughly €3 per €100.

I have shipping insurance is that the same thing?

I thought EU priority line they would refund the customs?

I have shipping insurance is that the same thing?
    I thought EU priority line they would refund the customs?

EU priority line (in theory) shouldn't have any extra fees. They ship from China to a repackaging centre in Europe. It is then sent from there to Ireland.
    But I haven't found it to be very succesful in arriving to Ireland.
    Shipping Insurance covers if the parcel gets lost. I have never paid that, as it should be already covered with Paypal.
    Tariff Insurance is when something (in this case) gets posted from China directly to Ireland.
    If it gets stopped by customs and you get charged at the door, you will be refunded the extra charges not including the An Post handling fee (around €10).
    Some items do arrive, but I've had more go missing than arrive, so I started using normal shipping with tariff insurance.

Is your tracking active? How long have you waited so far?

Suckit wrote: »
    EU priority line (in theory) shouldn't have any extra fees. They ship from China to a repackaging centre in Europe. It is then sent from there to Ireland.
    But I haven't found it to be very succesful in arriving to Ireland.
    Shipping Insurance covers if the parcel gets lost. I have never paid that, as it should be already covered with Paypal.
    Tariff Insurance is when something (in this case) gets posted from China directly to Ireland.
    If it gets stopped by customs and you get charged at the door, you will be refunded the extra charges not including the An Post handling fee (around €10).
    Some items do arrive, but I've had more go missing than arrive, so I started using normal shipping with tariff insurance.

Is your tracking active? How long have you waited so far?

A week
    its showing as cleared customs in Holland 2 days ago

A week
    its showing as cleared customs in Holland 2 days ago

That sounds ok. Could be another week.
    For the items that went missing (for me), the tracking was never active after leaving China.
    For the items I received, I think they only became active after roughly a week. I think the stuff that went missing had gone through Slovenia, or was due to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭statto25

Folks is there any Chinese equivalent of a Note 8 or 9. I am particularly interested in the stylus for notes when away from the desk at work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Any suggestions for replacement quick charge plug for xiaomi note 7

• Advertisement

Anker are generally a good shout

Advertisement