Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

Mi uk shop has this week
    Redmi Note 6 pro 4/64GB 129Pound + Powerbank
    POCOPHONE F1 6GB + 128GB + Xiaomi Band 3 - 229 Pound
    Redmi 6 3GB+32GB - 99
    The only downside is that you have to use parcel motel or similar, and those are lower storage models

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Harika wrote:
    Mi uk shop has this week Redmi Note 6 pro 4/64GB 129Pound + Powerbank POCOPHONE F1 6GB + 128GB + Xiaomi Band 3 - 229 Pound Redmi 6 3GB+32GB - 99 The only downside is that you have to use parcel motel or similar, and those are lower storage models

Can't seem to find this... Is there a link you can share?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Can't seem to find this... Is there a link you can share?

https://www.mi.com/uk/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Julez

Doesn't seem to accept Irish bank cards anyway, even if sending to parcel motel.

GBX wrote: »

Seems you need a UK credit card -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Harika wrote: »
    Seems you need a UK credit card -.-
    Revolut would be your friend their I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Julez

Revolut got rejected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Julez wrote:
    Revolut got rejected too.

Yup, I tried Revolut too. No luck.

I checked with their webchat and the delivery address needs to be the same as the card address.So cannot even ask a friend in the UK. Highly disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I can get delivery to UK. What's the best phone for the money there?

• Advertisement

I can get delivery to UK. What's the best phone for the money there?

Redmi Note 6 pro 4/64GB 129Pound - Would say best bang for your bucks, if non gamer
    POCOPHONE F1 6GB - when you play games, get that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Anyone know how fast they send the phones out? My daughter is coming here next week, so it would need to be with her Friday at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

No Paypal option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Anyone know how fast they send the phones out? My daughter is coming here next week, so it would need to be with her Friday at the latest.

Not sure which site you are talking about but Amazon do Chinese phones and with prime you'll get it quick.

No Paypal option?

no, hilariously it is harder to buy at an official shop than at 3rd party re sellers. And besides those summer sale offers, the official shop is more expensive than the 3rd party ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭BKWDR

The Mi 9 SE looks like a great phone, and of course it supports NFC which ive started to use too much on my oneplus 3T.

are there any negatives on the Mi phones im missing?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,725 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

BKWDR wrote: »

bit of a bitch to get a cracked screen repaired is about the only negative i can think of.....

im on my 4th screen protector for my poco F1 and thank god for them !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

BKWDR wrote: »
    The Mi 9 SE looks like a great phone, and of course it supports NFC which ive started to use too much on my oneplus 3T.

Xiaomi are not the best with android updates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭BKWDR

smilerf wrote: »

Ah ok, not something that bothered me a whole lot. Condsidering i have the 3T new from 2 years ago when it was well behind and only got updated to latest android just recently.

Using ONEPLUS has really steered me away from the expensive brands, samsung etc.
    I was aiming towards the HUAWAI P30 pro or below but these phones kinda seem on par for a fraction

smilerf wrote: »

Might be delayed as they have to adapt to the miui but keep a great record. My beloved and not forgotten note 4x would have gotten the next major update. Not bad for a two year old 200 euro phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

After years of Samsung phones (currently an s7), I've rolled the dice on a Note 6 pro, specs etc looks great looking forward to getting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

I got a redmi 7yesterday but didn't like it-i think it was the low-res that put me off

Gave it to my 13yr old and he was happy enough anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Has anyone bought a k20 pro and how are they finding it with no band 20

Anyone know if we're likely to see a version of the Redmi K20 Pro that has Band 20 on it?

Looks a fantastic piece of kit for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone know if we're likely to see a version of the Redmi K20 Pro that has Band 20 on it?

Looks a fantastic piece of kit for the price.

Maybe.
    https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/redmi-855,xiaomi-mi-9t-pro

If you like it, worth looking at Vivo too.

Suckit wrote: »
    Maybe.
    https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/redmi-855,xiaomi-mi-9t-pro

If you like it, worth looking at Vivo too.

Thanks a mil - hadn't heard that there was a Pro version of the Mi 9T on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Thanks a mil - hadn't heard that there was a Pro version of the Mi 9T on the way.
    It's the K20 pro with a different name, same way the Mi 9T is the K20, with a few extra bands added.
    Think there's mention of possibly September when we'll know more, not sure how true that is though.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It's the K20 pro with a different name, same way the Mi 9T is the K20, with a few extra bands added.
    Think there's mention of possibly September when we'll know more, not sure how true that is though.

Ah I see.

Sounds like the Mi9T Pro will be hard to ignore for anyone in the market for a decent spec Chinese phone.

Presume folks have seen the Marques Brownlee review of the K20 Pro - https://youtu.be/WpPw7lUXyI0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Kid G

Order the screen with the frame attached for your phone simple fix then no glueing or messing about

So no heat gun then? :eek:
    The screen on my Redmi Note 5 Pro is waning so the self-repair option is very tempting but not if I need a workshop full of tools!

Advertisement