Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Kid G wrote:
    So no heat gun then? The screen on my Redmi Note 5 Pro is waning so the self-repair option is very tempting but not if I need a workshop full of tools!

Hairdryer does it for a few small parts that need transferred over. Earpiece, volume buttons, fingerprint sensor and vibration motor depending on phone model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone know if we're likely to see a version of the Redmi K20 Pro that has Band 20 on it?

Looks a fantastic piece of kit for the price.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33027153879.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

Anyone know if we're likely to see a version of the Redmi K20 Pro that has Band 20 on it?

Looks a fantastic piece of kit for the price.
    Suckit wrote: »

@Suckit you already replied to his post, and the above link does NOT have Band 20!

Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (aka Redmi K20 Pro) goes on pre-order in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah yeah, I knew I replied, the link I was reading was in another language - I think Portuguese and I thought the person was confirming band20, I was reading as doing something else and just forwarded it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

My Xiaomi A2 lite updated last week and since then wifi and 4G has been dropping a lot, anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I was going to ask if anyone had purchase the Xiaomi Mi9T phone and what they thought about it but then i see the post about the Redmi K20 Pro and that they are they same or not? and now i dont know whats what!

Ive bought off banggood and gearbest and isee the 9T is going for 350e on GB and similar on Banggood but i dont see the EU priority line as an option, so i take it that it will be stung for customs (bought a drone on BG and it was caught)

Basically i was looking for a comparible phone to hte new huawai p30 and the mi 9T ticks the boxes? or can anyone reccomend something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

BKWDR wrote: »
    I was going to ask if anyone had purchase the Xiaomi Mi9T phone and what they thought about it but then i see the post about the Redmi K20 Pro and that they are they same or not? and now i dont know whats what!

Ive bought off banggood and gearbest and isee the 9T is going for 350e on GB and similar on Banggood but i dont see the EU priority line as an option, so i take it that it will be stung for customs (bought a drone on BG and it was caught)

Basically i was looking for a comparible phone to hte new huawai p30 and the mi 9T ticks the boxes? or can anyone reccomend something else?

Bought the 9T at the end from honorbuy.
    Battery is a beast, acceptable fast and nice gimmick with the camera and no notch or hole in the screen.
    Has its own thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057983097

GBX wrote: »
    Harika wrote: »
    Bought the 9T at the end from honorbuy.
    Battery is a beast, acceptable fast and nice gimmick with the camera and no notch or hole in the screen.
    Has its own thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057983097

Thanks very much for your replies!

On paper spec looks great, im into photography, so curious about camera!
    Price is better on honorbuy, interesting. Can i ask how long it took to arrive and if you were stung for taxes etc?

They usually ship it to you within 2-3 days. Have bought a few times and never got hit for customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

Price is better on honorbuy, interesting. Can i ask how long it took to arrive and if you were stung for taxes etc?

Ships from EU so no taxes. 2-3 days delivery

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_9t-review-1950p5.php

Camera Test, happy enough with it. Low light typical weakness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Cheaper again with Hong Kong Goldway (On Aliexpress)
    DHL shipping is customs free as they ship to UK first
    Starting from €270 shipped depending on colour
    It will be slower than Honorbuy roughly 2 weeks from ordering

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33027560497.html?spm=2114.56020108.0.0.348c3e5fdenwqv&spm=a2g1y.12024536.hotSpots_276830785.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

NATLOR wrote: »
    Cheaper again with Hong Kong Goldway (On Aliexpress)
    DHL shipping is customs free as they ship to UK first
    Starting from €270 shipped depending on colour
    It will be slower than Honorbuy roughly 2 weeks from ordering

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33027560497.html?spm=2114.56020108.0.0.348c3e5fdenwqv&spm=a2g1y.12024536.hotSpots_276830785.0

caught for customs ?.

bassy wrote: »
    caught for customs ?.

No as said in post DHL is a duty free option they ship to UK first then onto purchaser Ive used them a couple of times in the past

No as said in post DHL is a duty free option they ship to UK first then onto purchaser Ive used them a couple of times in the past

260e then 30 dollars shipping for the black 128 gig

Couple of weeks and youre 100% on no customs. I've dhl a drone from HK and was snared for fifty lids

260e then 30 dollars shipping for the black 128 gig

Couple of weeks and youre 100% on no customs. I've dhl a drone from HK and was snared for fifty lids

Using DHL is usually a sure way of getting done for customs but a few Ali sellers use the forwarding method which 100% works

Here's another one have used them too

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33019356063.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.655a3c00xQaVAc

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

They're not the same.

The K20 pro has the Snapdragon 855 chipset where the Mi9T has the inferior Snapdragon 730.

Which would indicate that you should get the K20 Pro however the K20 Pro doesn't have Band 20.

I've been looking at these 2 phones too and have decided to wait a matter of weeks when we should see the arrival of a new Mi 9T Pro that will have the 855 chipset and Band 20.

There's also the possible imminent arrival of the Pocophone 2 to consider.

corkie wrote: »
    ... wait a matter of weeks when we should see the arrival of a new Mi 9T Pro that will have the 855 chipset and Band 20.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_9t_pro-9791.php
    ^^^ Global version with bands and specs your looking for !?

They're not the same.

The K20 pro has the Snapdragon 855 chipset where the Mi9T has the inferior Snapdragon 730.

Which would indicate that you should get the K20 Pro however the K20 Pro doesn't have Band 20.

I've been looking at these 2 phones too and have decided to wait a matter of weeks when we should see the arrival of a new Mi 9T Pro that will have the 855 chipset and Band 20.

There's also the possible imminent arrival of the Pocophone 2 to consider.

The 9T Pro will start at 400+ though?

What's band 20

• Advertisement

What's band 20

One of the main 4G bands used by carriers here

What's band 20

LTE Band 20(800) for 4G connectivity in urban areas outside cities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Folks, been a while since I was looking for a phone.
    I've had my redmi note 4 for over 2 years now and I'm looking to upgrade.

Is the note 7 the best logical upgrade?
    I wouldn't be looking to spend a crazy amount, but could stretch over 200 if the phone is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

kiddums wrote: »

I wouldn't be looking to spend a crazy amount, but could stretch over 200 if the phone is worth it.

Note 8 out very very soon.

Will the 8 come in below the 200 budget ? Might give way to further discount on the 7 anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Guess I'll wait and see how much the 8 launches for.

Anyone any idea if the nfc will work for android pay, luas etc?

Guess I'll wait and see how much the 8 launches for.

Anyone any idea if the nfc will work for android pay, luas etc?

Yes, 100% will work. I use nfc for both. It doesnt differ from phone to phone.

Some news via YouTube for the Note 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I picked up a redmi Note6 Pro thru Hukd for (if I remember) 120 stg recently

Advertisement