Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Looking for a phone less that €250 with the best possible camera?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,726 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

RogerThis wrote: »

the realme XT ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Thargor wrote: »
    Anybody still using and loving their Mi Max 3? I am, best phone I ever bought. Whats the current king of giant phablets though? I haven't looked in a year...

Yep still have mine and loving it nearly a year later. A very slight hairline crack on the bottom of the screen but doesn't affect it in anyway and can't notice it when the screen is on.

I'd be interested to know what the latest top phablet is aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

RogerThis wrote: »
    Realme 5 pro has a great camera, 180 on Amazon Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Morning all.
    Have a Redmi Note 8T. Great phone, battery, camera very good. But I can't get it to connect to my Samsung Gear sports watch. So in two minds whether I'll keep it, it might make it's way to adverts. But I don't want to get something else and have the same problem.

Can I ask what phones people are using that are connected to a watch? And what watch it is too?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

dedaw wrote: »

Can I ask what phones people are using that are connected to a watch? And what watch it is too?

Thanks.

Redmi note 5 connected to a Fitbit versa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks.

Mi 8 and a mi-band 4 that up until recently worked flawlessly together.
    After the android 10 update, I had an issue with no notifications on the band.
    Tried everything, upto and including uninstall and reinstall before my dumbass realized I had somehow put the miband on DND mode.

No working flawlessly again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

dedaw wrote:

dedaw wrote:

MI 9t with a Fitbit versa, no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Redmi note 5 with Amazfit verge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Redmi Note 8 pro connected to my Garmin 5x plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Morning all.
    Have a Redmi Note 8T. Great phone, battery, camera very good. But I can't get it to connect to my Samsung Gear sports watch. So in two minds whether I'll keep it, it might make it's way to adverts. But I don't want to get something else and have the same problem.

Thanks.

Have you tried pairing them before going into the gear app setup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hi there, is there any good recommendations for screen launchers for Redmi phones.? Thanks.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Have you tried pairing them before going into the gear app setup?

Yes. When I try it, the watch says "check your phone to complete setup". Can't get it past that whether I use the app or not unfortunately.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but does anyone know if there's a way of transferring preinstalled apps (e.g. gallery, calendar, notes, music player, messages, etc - all ad free!) from an old Samsung phone onto a Xiaomi Mi A3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yes. When I try it, the watch says "check your phone to complete setup". Can't get it past that whether I use the app or not unfortunately.

I had a problem before pairing a wearos fossil before. I had to hard reset the watch, clear the BT connection, clear the app data and try again

fixXxer wrote: »
    I had a problem before pairing a wearos fossil before. I had to hard reset the watch, clear the BT connection, clear the app data and try again

Thanks. Yeah, I've tried resetting the watch, removing and reinstalling the app, removed all connected Bluetooth devices. No joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

New Home wrote: »
    Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but does anyone know if there's a way of transferring preinstalled apps (e.g. gallery, calendar, notes, music player, messages, etc - all ad free!) from an old Samsung phone onto a Xiaomi Mi A3?
    There ae a few ways, when you sign into the new phones play store, the apps should all be in there - top left three lines, and go to my apps. I can't remember exactly but should be there somewhere.

Or you can download and sign into Super Backup & Restore and backup everything you want to backup, then download it on your new phone and restore them.

Realme 5 Pro 8GB + 128GB is on amazon Spain for €219.99. If you send it to PW/PM/AP/PC it might be slightly cheaper and faster delivery
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07YN2NPCR/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Hi there, is there any good recommendations for screen launchers for Redmi phones.? Thanks.

I'm a long time user of Nova. Would wholeheartedly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

banie01 wrote: »
    I'm a long time user of Nova. Would wholeheartedly recommend.
    Thank you.

Lawnchair is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

looking for a decent dual sim phone €150-€200 any experiences from amazon.es as last few phones were got on gearbest,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Suckit wrote: »
    There ae a few ways, when you sign into the new phones play store, the apps should all be in there - top left three lines, and go to my apps. I can't remember exactly but should be there somewhere.

They'll be in my apps on the store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

reaper180 wrote: »
    looking for a decent dual sim phone €150-€200 any experiences from amazon.es as last few phones were got on gearbest,cheers

No issues ordering through any of the Amazon sites. Have a check on www.hagglezon.com - it compares the different Amazon sites and see if its cheaper on the ES site.

gonna pull the trigger shortly guys,what do ye reckon redmi note 8 pro (€220ish)or the realme 5 pro €200 0n amazon.es.cheers

Thanks,

Realme5 pro better than redmi note 8 pro?

reaper180 wrote: »
    Thanks,

Realme5 pro better than redmi note 8 pro?
    If NFC isn't a must-have feature, then I would go for the Realme 5 Pro.

Hoping somebody here can help me. A friend of mine has a daughter who ordered a Xiaomi 9T from eGlobal, it now has a fault with the screen, after only maybe almost 2 months (not sure).
    I don't know what exactly the issue is, but she is adamant that she has not dropped it, nor got water damage or any fault due to her doing and I believe her.
    She has contacted eGlobal and they have asked her for photos and a video.
    She has asked me would I look at it and if I trust them.
    I don't trust them but not going to say that to her now, so I will try and advise her.
    Just wondering if anybody has rerurned items to them before and had any issues, and how long the process could actually take, or does actually take.
    A quick search doesn't look good - https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/aw130/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hoping somebody here can help me. A friend of mine has a daughter who ordered a Xiaomi 9T from eGlobal, it now has a fault with the screen, after only maybe almost 2 months (not sure).
    I don't know what exactly the issue is, but she is adamant that she has not dropped it, nor got water damage or any fault due to her doing and I believe her.
    She has contacted eGlobal and they have asked her for photos and a video.
    She has asked me would I look at it and if I trust them.
    I don't trust them but not going to say that to her now, so I will try and advise her.
    Just wondering if anybody has rerurned items to them before and had any issues, and how long the process could actually take, or does actually take.
    A quick search doesn't look good - https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/aw130/
    Why not send it directly to xiaomi if you don't trust eglobal

Advertisement