Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

massy086 wrote: »
    Why not send it directly to xiaomi if you don't trust eglobal
    It's nothing to do with me, I forgot xiaomi have the EU support centres to be honest, I might mention that to her.

I was only wondering the timeline so I could guage what the bst option might be.
    Will Xiaomi European support centres honour warranties bought from eGlobal?
    Any idea what the timeline is if sending to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭corkie

Suckit wrote: »

I doubt it very much, as it is from a third party reseller?

corkie wrote: »
    I doubt it very much, as it is from a third party reseller?
    Yeah, I didn't think so, but some of the Chinese manufacturers do.

If eGlobal haven't put on a custom rom on it themselves, then it could qualify, but it's a bit messy. Not sure what the story is with shipping either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

It's nothing to do with me, I forgot xiaomi have the EU support centres to be honest, I might mention that to her.

I was only wondering the timeline so I could guage what the bst option might be.
    Any idea what the timeline is if sending to them?

PayPal?

massy086 wrote: »
    Why not send it directly to xiaomi if you don't trust eglobal

TBH my dealing with eglobal leave a lot to be desired,they actually lied etc, never ever again,if paid via PayPal open a dispute ASAP ( but need to contact vendor with photo proof etc)

• Advertisement

PayPal?

Could be an option. I am guessing she used paypal, but at the minute, it's only warranty repair.

Looking here, it looks like the repair could take a month, as they have them repaired back in Hong Kong.

Christ, that's bad.

TBH my dealing with eglobal leave a lot to be desired,they actually lied etc, never ever again,if paid via PayPal open a dispute ASAP ( but need to contact vendor with photo proof etc)
    Yeah, I wouldn't have recommended buying from them, but there's no point in me saying that to her now. I don't really know what she expects me to do except the donkey work. I will give her a few options tomorrow and will probably mention that she could contact Xiaomi UK

did you have to return it? did it cost anything, if so then Xiaomi might be the much better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So my kid has managed to smash his Redmi Note 5 after over 2 yrs of near fault free service to a clumsy teen.

He has narrowed his replacement option down to the Note 8.

From glancing at it, Xiaomi seem to have done their usual stellar job of confusing naming and variants.

I read it as the 8t has a lower spec chipset than the 8pro?
    Is there any other difference? Which will provide him best bang for his buck and decent battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

banie01 wrote: »
    So my kid has managed to smash his Redmi Note 5 after over 2 yrs of near fault free service to a clumsy teen.

He has narrowed his replacement option down to the Note 8.

From glancing at it, Xiaomi seem to have done their usual stellar job of confusing naming and variants.

I read it as the 8t has a lower spec chipset than the 8pro?
    Is there any other difference? Which will provide him best bang for his buck and decent battery?

My wife just ordered a note 8 Pro this morning, she is moving from a note 5 and is very excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My wife just ordered a note 8 Pro this morning, she is moving from a note 5 and is very excited.

I dug a little deeper on the specs, different screen, camera setup and chipset in the 8pro.

Just pulled the trigger on one for him now.
    Looks a fantastic phone for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Hi folks,

Would appreciate some input. My Mi Max gave up recently. I'm looking at the 9t or maybe the 9t pro. With normal use (i.e, no gaming) is there any noticeable difference?
    Is there any other Xiaomi phones I should look at that people feel are an option? Looking for a larger screen.

I'll have a look at Honorbuy & Amazon but what's the quickest option at the moment?

Cross posting this from the 9t thread as I'm asking for other options also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

BamesJond wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Would appreciate some input. My Mi Max gave up recently. I'm looking at the 9t or maybe the 9t pro. With normal use (i.e, no gaming) is there any noticeable difference?
    Is there any other Xiaomi phones I should look at that people feel are an option? Looking for a larger screen.

I'll have a look at Honorbuy & Amazon but what's the quickest option at the moment?

Honorbuy 2 day (3 max delivery)

GBX wrote: »
    Honorbuy 2 day (3 max delivery)

I see the 9t pro available on Amazon UK and Honorbuy for pretty much the same price. I assume Amazon is the smarter option?

The pro version is a little more pricey then I was hoping but as I need a quick turn around I think I'll order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

If you're not going to be gaming etc then the 9T should do fine. It's still a decent phone.

I see the 9t pro available on Amazon UK and Honorbuy for pretty much the same price. I assume Amazon is the smarter option?

The pro version is a little more pricey then I was hoping but as I need a quick turn around I think I'll order.

Personal preference. I've bought phones from both. No issue buying from either again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

BamesJond wrote:

Just from a warranty point of view I'd go with Amazon. Also worth having a look at their European sites to compare prices

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just from a warranty point of view I'd go with Amazon. Also worth having a look at their European sites to compare prices

Here is the prices across amazon

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/xiaomi%20pro%209t

GBX wrote: »
    Here is the prices across amazon

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/xiaomi%20pro%209t

Thanks for that GBX, that's a great tool.

I see the 9T on Amazon Italy for about €290 which seems to be ideal.
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07SQ2JZTF

Does anyone have any input on ordering from Italy?
    It's telling me I'll have it prior to the weekend which would be great but I'm a little skeptical.

Is there anything else I should look out for ordering from Italy? It' sim free and the global version I believe so I assume it should work as normal for me?
    Would appreciate a review of the link before ordering!

Just a heads up with the 9T.
    It has 'ghost touch' issues. The person that asked me to look up eGlobal for her daughter, it is a 9T that they have.
    I have looked up the issue, and I have since factory reset the phone and calibrated the screen in MIUI menu and it made no difference. Changed pointer speed etc.
    It is not guaranteed to happen to every 9T, but is most likely an issue caused by Xiaomi scrimping on the screens. (Previously on a few other models too).
    Just a something that may be worth knowing about before you decide where to buy it from.
    Does anyone have any input on ordering from Italy?
    It's telling me I'll have it prior to the weekend which would be great but I'm a little skeptical.

Is there anything else I should look out for ordering from Italy?
    Buying from Italy is fine, have a look at the seller profile and make sure it's not being shipped from China.
    In this instance, the first listing is being shipped from Spain by a third part seller
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B07SQ2JZTF/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
    The two after it are fulfilled by amazon, so they woule be the seller I would go with.

It may be cheaper after shipping to go with Spain I didn't check.
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B07SQ2JZTF/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

• Advertisement

Just a heads up with the 9T.
    It has 'ghost touch' issues. The person that asked me to look up eGlobal for her daughter, it is a 9T that they have.
    I have looked up the issue, and I have since factory reset the phone and calibrated the screen in MIUI menu and it made no difference. Changed pointer speed etc.
    It is not guaranteed to happen to every 9T, but is most likely an issue caused by Xiaomi scrimping on the screens. (Previously on a few other models too).
    Just a something that may be worth knowing about before you decide where to buy it from.

Buying from Italy is fine, have a look at the seller profile and make sure it's not being shipped from China.
    In this instance, the first listing is being shipped from Spain by a third part seller
    The two after it are fulfilled by amazon, so they woule be the seller I would go with.

It may be cheaper after shipping to go with Spain I didn't check.

Thanks Suckit that's fantastic info, thanks very much!
    Hopefully I won't have the same issues but thanks for the info on the screen issue.

I never would have copped the order being fulfilled by Amazon so appreciate the heads up on that. Ill do some more research and see what option suits best. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Hoping somebody here can help me. A friend of mine has a daughter who ordered a Xiaomi 9T from eGlobal, it now has a fault with the screen, after only maybe almost 2 months (not sure).
    I don't know what exactly the issue is, but she is adamant that she has not dropped it, nor got water damage or any fault due to her doing and I believe her.
    She has contacted eGlobal and they have asked her for photos and a video.
    She has asked me would I look at it and if I trust them.
    I don't trust them but not going to say that to her now, so I will try and advise her.
    Just wondering if anybody has rerurned items to them before and had any issues, and how long the process could actually take, or does actually take.
    A quick search doesn't look good - https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/aw130/

Hi yes I returned a phone that had bricked during an update. Lengthy process and did have to send on video evidence. Had to pay postage but eventually they did offer a refund or credit but not to the phones full value as I had it 11 months.

dunleas wrote: »
    Hi yes I returned a phone that had bricked during an update. Lengthy process and did have to send on video evidence. Had to pay postage but eventually they did offer a refund or credit but not to the phones full value as I had it 11 months.
    Thanks for that.

I think they are asking her to pay shipping, but once it is over, I will tell her to open a paypal dispute for shipping, (as they will ship for free anyway)
    https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
    But by law they have to pay for the return shipping anyway within Europe.

I will tell her not to accept partial refund.

Hi folks,

Mi note 10?

Hi folks,

Mi note 10?

Mi note 10?

I've been considering one for the last few days but they're pricey

Also worth looking at the Realme X2 and the Realme XT.

Also worth looking at the Realme X2 and the Realme XT.

I'm waiting to see more of the x50

I've been considering one for the last few days but they're pricey

Have one ðŸ‘,had a mi mix 2,bit smaller in width but otherwise it's nice,at first I couldn't get used to the difference in size now it's ok ( can't font a phone with amoled as wide as the mi max 2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

could anyone recommend a really slim, cheap case for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro?

(got it like new for €202 on amazon.it)

Advertisement