Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Have one had a mi mix 2,bit smaller in width but otherwise it's nice,at first I couldn't get used to the difference in size now it's ok ( can't font a phone with amoled as wide as the mi max 2)

I've the mi max 3 at the moment but wanting a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm waiting to see more of the x50

The X50 is in another price bracket than those. It does look a nice phone, the Oppo Reno aready has it's own customer base, so the Reno 5G will be competing with it directly I would guess.
    Definitely a big push from them to get the EU market. Between the Oppo, Oneplus and Reno brands alone.
    Vivo advertised all over the world cup in 2018.

Suckit wrote: »
    The X50 is in another price bracket than those. It does look a nice phone, the Oppo Reno aready has it's own customer base, so the Reno 5G will be competing with it directly I would guess.
    Definitely a big push from them to get the EU market. Between the Oppo, Oneplus and Reno brands alone.
    Vivo advertised all over the world cup in 2018.

What price bracket? Couldn't find anything when I looked the other night, looks a seriously impressive device though.

What price bracket? Couldn't find anything when I looked the other night, looks a seriously impressive device though.

Around €390 - €450 I believe I saw mentioned. The Chinese version is available now

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000628129392.html
    https://www.banggood.com/Realme-X50-5G-Smartphone-CN-Version-6_57-inch-FHD-NFC-Android-10_0-4200mAh-30W-VOOC-4_0-64MP-Quad-Rear-Cameras-8GB-RAM-128GB-ROM-Snapdragon-765G-Octa-Core-p-1629964.html

Not sure I would be mad keen on the hole punch location.

Not sure about using either of those sites, especially with the mental delivery charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭con747

Not sure about using either of those sites, especially with the mental delivery charges.

I have used this site in the past, it's in the eu so no extra customs charges. Found them good to deal with. Got my last Mi a2 off them.https://www.eglobalcentral.eu

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

No, sorry, I wasn't recommending buying from either, I was just showing price for the Chinese version.
    Although Banggood are very good if you have any issues. They also offer EU Priority line, or Tariff Insurance.
    So if you used normal shipping (€1.81) and tick Tariff Insurance at checkout, they will refund any taxes you pay if it gets stopped.

I couldn't and wouldn't recommend anyone use eglobal. Especially now I am seeing the steps that need to be taken with a faulty product under warranty, and as mentioned above only a partial refund.

No, sorry, I wasn't recommending buying from either, I was just showing price for the Chinese version.

Although Banggood are very good if you have any issues. They also offer EU Priority line, or Tariff Insurance.

So if you used normal shipping (€1.81) and tick Tariff Insurance at checkout, they will refund any taxes you pay if it gets stopped.

I couldn't and wouldn't recommend anyone use eglobal.

Why? I have used them numerous times and know plenty of people who also use them with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've bought from them and thankfully the items arrived ok. Family members have also used Eglobal and have had many issues.

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&sort=newest&page=3&date_to=&date_from=&query=eglobal

Have a look through the above link. Plenty of feedback

I have bought from just about every Chinese site selling most things, they all have problems! That's why I try to always use PayPal for those occasions it all goes south.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't because I am hearing the hassle to sort any issues.
    I am trying to help my friends daughter with her 9T and is not a good process so far.
    One poster said a few posts back that they only got a partial refund. Paying for return shipping is also something that shouldn't be done by the customer.
    The repair period under warranty is, according to eglobal 6-8 weeks.
    I personally haven't used them, but just those three things would be enough reason for me not to want to, or to recommend them. Although the shipping is easily refunded.
    Getting the item is the easy part.
    The aftersales support would be priority to me after that. They don't seem to have good support no matter where I look.

Reviews.io (Genuine customers)
    TrustPilot
    Were also enough to make me look around. They just seem to be similar to Gearbest.

I wouldn't because I am hearing the hassle to sort any issues.
    I am trying to help my friends daughter with her 9T and is not a good process so far.
    One poster said a few posts back that they only got a partial refund. Paying for return shipping is also something that shouldn't be done by the customer.
    The repair period under warranty is, according to eglobal 6-8 weeks.
    I personally haven't used them, but just those three things would be enough reason for me not to want to, or to recommend them. Although the shipping is easily refunded.
    Getting the item is the easy part.
    The aftersales support would be priority to me after that. They don't seem to have good support no matter where I look.

Reviews.io (Genuine customers)
    TrustPilot
    Were also enough to make me look around. They just seem to be similar to Gearbest.

If you look at all the reviews for the top sites selling Chinese phones you will find bad experiences on them all. If people buy outside the Eu the warranty and return process is a pain with all sites. That's why using PayPal will ensure you can get a full refund if faulty within 180 day's and they will refund postage if you need to return products within a certain time frame. Use a site like https://www.kimovil.com to compare prices and then just research after that is all that can be done to try buy from a good seller.

con747 wrote: »
    If you look at all the reviews for the top sites selling Chinese phones you will find bad experiences on them all. If people buy outside the Eu the warranty and return process is a pain with all sites. That's why using PayPal will ensure you can get a full refund if faulty within 180 day's and they will refund postage if you need to return products within a certain time frame. Use a site like https://www.kimovil.com to compare prices and then just research after that is all that can be done to try buy from a good seller.

I am aware of that, which is why I linked to review.io first. But I do agree, most review sites should be taken with a pinch of salt, as very few people bother to write their positive experiences.

Using Paypal does not ensure anything.
    I was ripped off over €400 about 4 years ago using Paypal. In the end it was proven that Paypal were wrong.
    eGlobal claim to be an EU site. They aren't. The mere fact that they claim to be, should be enough to make them adhere to EU laws (free shipping returns on faulty products, proper EU warranty etc.), so buying from them should not require paypal to step in if that was the case. But that is not the case.
    If you buy from outside the EU then you aren't protected for anything under EU law, also you are obliged to pay tax upon delivery, so it may cost a lot more.
    Buying from sites that are actually in the EU is 100% best option. Buying from a Chinese site to save a tenner is madness unless the product itself is cheap enough. Or you are wealthy enough to not care about a couple of hundred euro.
    There are Chinese sites that are very good with after sales support and if the proposed solutions aren't acceptable, they will help meet one that is.
    But if the returns process under warranty on an "EU" site is a load of hassle, then they are best avoided, or be aware that they are not really an EU site. Just as long as the buyer knows exactly where they are buying from, and with eGlobal, that is not clear at all.
    They are basically using the same method sites like Gearbest use, to avoid paying tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

I've the mi max 3 at the moment but wanting a change.

Need amoled

I am aware of that, which is why I lined to review.io first. But I do agree, most review sites should be taken with a pinch of salt, as very few people bother to wrte their positive experiences.

Using Paypal does not ensure anything.
    I was ripped off over €400 about 4 years ago using Paypal. In the end it was proen Paypal were wrong.
    eGlobal claim to be an EU site. They aren't. The mere fact that they claim to be, should be enough to make them adhere to EU laws (free shipping returns on faulty products, proper EU warranty etc.), so buying from them should not require paypal to step in if that was the case. But that is not the case.
    If you buy from outside the EU then you aren't protected for anything under EU law, also you are obliged to pay tax upon delivery, so it may cost a lot more.
    Buying from sites that are actually in the EU is 100% best option. Buying from a Chinese site to save a tenner is madness unless the product itself is cheap enough. Or you are wealthy enough to not care about a couple of hundred euro.
    There are Chinese sites that are very good with after sales support and if the proposed solutions aren't acceptable, they will help meet one that is.
    But if the returns process under warranty on an "EU" site is a load of hassle, then they are best avoided, or be aware that they are not really an EU site. Just as long as the buyer knows exactly where they are buying from, and with eGlobal, that is not clear at all.

Eglobal avoiddddddd at all costs

Can someone with more knowledge than myself tell me if this will support 4g here? I'm with Virgin if that helps.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1802-xiaomi-redmi-k30-4g-6gb-128gb-blue.html

Can someone with more knowledge than myself tell me if this will support 4g here? I'm with Virgin if that helps.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1802-xiaomi-redmi-k30-4g-6gb-128gb-blue.html

It will work here, but doesn't have the 4G band that is more widely available in Ireland and a lot of Europe (Band 20).
    So yep, it will work, but will only have 3G internet when you are not near WiFi or a Band 3 tower.

You can check here - http://willmyphonework.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

Eglobal avoiddddddd at all costs

eglobal are very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Margate wrote: »
    eglobal are very good

Like any online retailer, some people have had no issues. Eglobal are known to say something is in stock when its not and people have been left waiting with no communication from them. There will be those who will buy from places where others say avoid. Do research and make own mind up before ordering anywhere.

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying to anyone to avoid them, I was/am just saying I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I haven't seen any amazing prices on them yet, giving any reason to use them over amazon, but I haven't really looked. Their warranty support seems really bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

Are we expecting longer than normal waits for Chinese goods given that a chunk of the country and industry has closed down with the virus?

Might be a silly question but would anybody be a bit wary of opening packages arriving from China at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭corkie

breeno wrote: »
    Are we expecting longer than normal waits for Chinese goods given that a chunk of the country and industry has closed down with the virus?

Might be a silly question but would anybody be a bit wary of opening packages arriving from China at the moment?

Cross Post: -
    corkie wrote: »
    "Service alert: the ongoing coronavirus spread is placing China under defecto lockdown.
    Local labor policy currently prevents staffs from returning to work as scheduled.
    Customer service is available with limited capacity at this time as we work from home.
    Shipping is now expected to resume normal service on February 10, 2020. More details to follow. "

Message on fasttech, so along with 'CNY' shutdown, expect delays on anything ordered.

The virus wouldn't survive in the time it takes a package to get here, if your still unsure. Store your package for 24 hours before opening.

Debates over, if the cargo hold on planes is pressurized or not, the cold temperature at high altitudes would kill any virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Anyone load up Android 10 on their Xaoimi Mi 9T yet? I see the update is there now but seeing reports of battery drain in some cases (users on reddit)

Pulled the trigger on the k30 yesterday with honorbuy. Looking forward to getting it in hand.

Just a quick question for anyone who has used honorbuy in the past. My tracking number is showing for delivery on Wednesday, what are the chances of it arriving a day early? I'm away on Wednesday for a few days so would like to have it before I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just a quick question for anyone who has used honorbuy in the past. My tracking number is showing for delivery on Wednesday, what are the chances of it arriving a day early? I'm away on Wednesday for a few days so would like to have it before I go.

If its going with DHL and they say Wednesday then it will be Wednesday. Never had deliveries from them being early or late, just when they said they would be.

fixXxer wrote: »
    If its going with DHL and they say Wednesday then it will be Wednesday. Never had deliveries from them being early or late, just when they said they would be.

It's through FedEx, sorry i should have said that.

Via DHL you've an option to collect at depot,sorry just noticed FedEx'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭corkie

So I got my k30 today and tried to install Netflix, it's not compatible. I find this very strange for a new device.

Search for a compatible version that functions on MIUI?

Download from here: - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix/

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    Search for a compatible version that functions on MIUI?

Download from here: - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/netflix/

Got it sorted and deleted the post, you were too quick haha.

Advertisement