Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Sorry, DHgate.com
    I'd never heard of them, but seem legit and I (maybe wrongly) trusted the link from Kimovil

https://www.kimovil.com/to/special/aBhW96
    Discount Code: DHgate9S1

I've bought alot from DHGate. All fine. Just be aware that it may take a long time for it to arrive depending on how they ship. I'd allow for at least 1 month delivery (I'm waiting on some stuff longer..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Barr

Hi All

I’m looking into options for the Chinese Phone route. The Redmi Note 9S looks outstanding value but not for me with no NFC

My main criteria :

Top notch camera
    Dual sim
    Snapdrapgon chip
    NFC

What should I be focusing my attention to ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,726 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

I’m looking into options for the Chinese Phone route. The Redmi Note 9S looks outstanding value but not for me with no NFC

My main criteria :

Top notch camera
    Dual sim
    Snapdrapgon chip
    NFC

What should I be focusing my attention to ?

The mi note 10 would suit.

Or maybe just wait to see what price the new mi note 10 lite is coming in at

Thanks , the camera does look good on that.

Where would that camera on the Mi Note 10 be in relation to say a Samsung S10/ S20

Along the top left as viewed from back, and it's embossed as well, so you'd need a case to allow the phone sit flat on a surface, if you know what i mean.

My son has the note 10 Pro and its a great device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Looking for Realme 6, 8gb version. Any idea on the best place to buy. Missed a good deal in Amazon Germany yesterday. Had it in my basket but it was gone up when i went to purchase. €270 all in including taxes and postage. I want to get it in a reasonable time-frame about a week or so.
    Anyone using this phone?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Along the top left as viewed from back, and it's embossed as well, so you'd need a case to allow the phone sit flat on a surface, if you know what i mean.

My son has the note 10 Pro and its a great device.

Sorry..I meant comparison wise .. I made a right bags of that :D

Barr wrote: »
    Sorry..I meant comparison wise .. I made a right bags of that :D

LOL :D

i wouldn't be an expert in comparisons of camera, but heres a comparison with the S20

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-vs-xiaomi-mi-note-10-camera-shootout-1094646/

its certainly considered better than the S10

LOL :D

i wouldn't be an expert in comparisons of camera, but heres a comparison with the S20

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-vs-xiaomi-mi-note-10-camera-shootout-1094646/

its certainly considered better than the S10

Looks like it it holds its own for the most part.

Considering the price of the Xiaomi that is no mean feat .

For me,I think it is a throw up between this and the P30 pro .

Morning all, quick question, anyone know if this is a reputable site?

https://www.movertix.com/en/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Looking for some advice on a decent performance/quality smartphone for €200 or less. Browsing, the odd video or photo, listen to podcasts also, maybe hold the odd game too.

Looking for something cheap and cheerful, any advice would be really appreciated.

Looking for sim free, with gomo network on billpay

Thanks a million in advance

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on a decent performance/quality smartphone for €200 or less. Browsing, the odd video or photo, listen to podcasts also, maybe hold the odd game too.

Looking for something cheap and cheerful, any advice would be really appreciated.

Looking for sim free, with gomo network on billpay

Thanks a million in advance

if you can stretch a little higher:
    https://www.honorbuy.com/315-redmi-note-9s

if not:
    https://www.honorbuy.com/1806-redmi-note-8-pro-64gb-global-version-green.html

I'm not tech minded at all, can you tell me the main difference between both of these phones?

Also does that site deliver within decent timeframe?

I'm not tech minded at all, can you tell me the main difference between both of these phones?

Sorry, DHgate.com
    I'd never heard of them, but seem legit and I (maybe wrongly) trusted the link from Kimovil

does the code still work? comes up as nearly €190 for me

Is this the first phone you mention here

https://es.dhgate.com/product/xiaomi-redmi-note-9s-6gb-128gb-global-version/534059665.html

Can be got for €171 by looks of things. In "options", I have selected standard officer, can you explain what this is?

If this is a good phone I will order from DH gate. I am presuming my sim will work, had a samsung s6, on billpay with gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hey all. With the Realme X2 Pro, would you recommend paying the extra money for the 8GB version instead of the 6GB? The extra storage doesn't sway me all that much - it'd be nice, but 64gb seems enough? Anyway, I'd be worried that going for the 6GB of Ram might hold back it's performance output. What do you guys think? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hey all. With the Realme X2 Pro, would you recommend paying the extra money for the 8GB version instead of the 6GB? The extra storage doesn't sway me all that much - it'd be nice, but 64gb seems enough? Anyway, I'd be worried that going for the 6GB of Ram might hold back it's performance output. What do you guys think? Cheers.
    Personally, I think it depends on how you plan to use it and how long you plan to have it.

8GB should keep the phone ticking along quite comfortably for a few years, depending on how many new heavy-use apps come out etc.
    If you plan on a lot of gaming and video editing then the 8GB might be a better option.

6GB should be plenty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

I have 6gb Huawei mate 10 Pro with a few years it flies
    Its well enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sorry, DHgate.com

DHGate are a more 'wild west' version of Aliexpress. It is like the way aliexpress used to be.

A lot of dodgy/fake/cloned stuff on it.

If an item is dodgy or fake, it can be stopped during shipping and you will lose any money.

Funnily, now a lot of the fake electronic stuff being copied, comes from China anyway, so they're not too strict on it. But don't expect any comeback for damaged or defective items.

• Advertisement

first off i linked to honorbuy because a lot of posters here have had swift delivery from them. I havent bought from them as i dont mind the wait from other sites such as eglobal, but if you want a phone within the next couple of weeks, id wont be buying from china. the phone i linked is in stock in their european store, according to their website.

DHGate is a kind of chinese amazon and if their electronics are anything like their jerseys and clothing, then you could be waiting a month for delivery.

when comparing the two phones, the note 8 pro actually comes out on top.

the main difference is the slightly better camera (main camera 64px versus 48 px and 20px versus 16px selfie.. though the 9S has a macro lens to its camera function if your looking for nice close up details.

the 9S has a slightly better chip though theres not much in it.
    on honourbuy youll pay about €30 more for double the storage space if you want a 128GB 8 pro.... but both have SD slots for expandable memory.

the note 8 pro has NFC which the 9S doesnt.

both have 18W fast charge and the 9S battery is slightly larger @ 5000 mah versus 4500 mah

these phones use xiaomis miui OS which takes a small nit of getting used to at first over stock android..... what phone are you coming from?

Suckit wrote: »
    Personally, I think it depends on how you plan to use it and how long you plan to have it.

8GB should keep the phone ticking along quite comfortably for a few years, depending on how many new heavy-use apps come out etc.
    If you plan on a lot of gaming and video editing then the 8GB might be a better option.

6GB should be plenty though.
    smilerf wrote: »
    I have 6gb Huawei mate 10 Pro with a few years it flies
    Its well enough
    Perfect, thanks lads. Just purchased a 6GB version there.

first off i linked to honorbuy because a lot of posters here have had swift delivery from them. I havent bought from them as i dont mind the wait from other sites such as eglobal, but if you want a phone within the next couple of weeks, id wont be buying from china. the phone i linked is in stock in their european store, according to their website.

DHGate is a kind of chinese amazon and if their electronics are anything like their jerseys and clothing, then you could be waiting a month for delivery.

when comparing the two phones, the note 8 pro actually comes out on top.

the main difference is the slightly better camera (main camera 64px versus 48 px and 20px versus 16px selfie.. though the 9S has a macro lens to its camera function if your looking for nice close up details.

the 9S has a slightly better chip though theres not much in it.
    on honourbuy youll pay about €30 more for double the storage space if you want a 128GB 8 pro.... but both have SD slots for expandable memory.

the note 8 pro has NFC which the 9S doesnt.

both have 18W fast charge and the 9S battery is slightly larger @ 5000 mah versus 4500 mah

these phones use xiaomis miui OS which takes a small nit of getting used to at first over stock android..... what phone are you coming from?

thanks a million for the informative reply. Currently using a Samsung s6, have it since 2014 I think but it's burning battery now whenever wifi is on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I know ive popped in and out asking for suggestions so thanks..

The redmi note 9s, the mi 9t or the realme 6. Prices are fairly close and im open to another if one was suggested to me.

Which would you go for? I done a comparison on these and its three very similar phones in the inside.

Honorbuy doesnt have the higher memory available in global version that I can see. If someone has a link that would be great

Anyone know if the global version of the Realme X2 Pro come's with a UK/Ire plug adapter? I don't see it stated on my purchase. Will order one if not - just hope it doesn't impede the fast charging time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Anyone know if the global version of the Realme X2 Pro come's with a UK/Ire plug adapter? I don't see it stated on my purchase. Will order one if not - just hope it doesn't impede the fast charging time.

No, it won't. A normal adaptor, or a fast charger/plug + usb cable will work just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

There's a review of the mi note 10 on androidpit, the slowness of the camera has put me right off it. Which is a pity as I nearly pulled the trigger on it.

If the camera matters to you it might be worth a read.

https://www.androidpit.com/xiaomi-mi-note-10-camera-review

Sorry, DHgate.com

I know this will sound like an incredibly stupid question as its probably as clear as day, but can you tell me the difference between the phones in the links above and the likes of this cheap samsung?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/mobile-phones/dual-sim-phones/samsung-galaxy-a20e-32gb-black-en.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I know this will sound like an incredibly stupid question as its probably as clear as day, but can you tell me the difference between the phones in the links above and the likes of this cheap samsung?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/mobile-phones/dual-sim-phones/samsung-galaxy-a20e-32gb-black-en.html

That Samsung is not the best. Basic entry level phone. You'd be getting more for your money with the Redmi. Better all round - camera, battery, performance, screen/phone size. The Samsung would be gotten quicker but if you can wait id go for the Redmi. Better in the long run.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/samsung-galaxy-a20e,xiaomi-redmi-note-9s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

ImARebel wrote: »
    There's a review of the mi note 10 on androidpit, the slowness of the camera has put me right off it. Which is a pity as I nearly pulled the trigger on it.

If the camera matters to you it might be worth a read.

https://www.androidpit.com/xiaomi-mi-note-10-camera-review

Yes it's slow but not excruciatingly so, I'm an owner and quite happy, it's a mid range phone with mainly high end specs, processor is mid-range plus
    The amoled plus screen is gorgeous, pictures are amazing, it's cheap what's not to like,
    I watch Netflix/ Disney/films etc never left me down for a second and unless you're a David Bailey the cameras fine best I've used

Advertisement