Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Lads for anyone who has ordered from amazon.de or amazon.es lately with covid19, how have delivery times been? Going to buy a Realme 6 but they're estimating the 18th at checkout, but my experience with amazon.co.uk over the past few weeks is their delivery estimates have been incredibly conservative, estimating weeks to arrive then it ends up arriving 3 days later like normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Lads for anyone who has ordered from amazon.de or amazon.es lately with covid19, how have delivery times been? Going to buy a Realme 6 but they're estimating the 18th at checkout, but my experience with amazon.co.uk over the past few weeks is their delivery estimates have been incredibly conservative, estimating weeks to arrive then it ends up arriving 3 days later like normal.

Bought a Redmi note 8T from amazon.de on the 6th of April and was delivered two weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

I've found that ordering to a UK Parcel Motel address can improve the delivery lead time by quite a number of days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Is the only place to get the pearl white Redmi Note 8 Pro 128gb on eglobal?

How long does delivery take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

GBX wrote: »
    That Samsung is not the best. Basic entry level phone. You'd be getting more for your money with the Redmi. Better all round - camera, battery, performance, screen/phone size. The Samsung would be gotten quicker but if you can wait id go for the Redmi. Better in the long run.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/samsung-galaxy-a20e,xiaomi-redmi-note-9s

Is there anywhere to find this phone at a decent price? Saw it on DHgate but couple of posters have alluded to fact there may be clone phones on there.

Would love to find the Redmi note 9s for less than €200 including delivery

• Advertisement

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to find this phone at a decent price? Saw it on DHgate but couple of posters have alluded to fact there may be clone phones on there.

Would love to find the Redmi note 9s for less than €200 including delivery

You'll be unlikely to find it anywhere that price. I think it averages about €220 before delivery in most amazons, and on honorbuy.

fixXxer wrote: »
    You'll be unlikely to find it anywhere that price. I think it averages about €220 before delivery in most amazons, and on honorbuy.

Is this a legit site?

https://es.dhgate.com/product/xiaomi-redmi-note-9s-6gb-128gb-global-version/534059665.html?f=bm|aff|admitad|416035|3b965a9ac13b8ca8e4eaae6efa470f29|197649||

With the discount code it works out at €171 euro for 128gb verison

Never used DHgate so wouldn't know. User feedback looks pretty reasonable.

Looks like the item is shipping from China though so be prepared that you may get stung for customs charges as well if it gets stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its legit - its the Spanish version of DHGate. One thing though is even when selecting postage, both options still ship through China. Might not* have to pay duty/custom fees using the DHL option (extra €30)

Honorbuy have it in Europe and you wont get any unsuspecting fees but you pay the premium to guarantee that.

*no guarantee.

• Advertisement

is that shipping from europe?

Eglobal is Singapore, unless someone can correct me?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

is that shipping from europe?

European delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

EU delivery. But be patient with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Yes it's slow but not excruciatingly so, I'm an owner and quite happy, it's a mid range phone with mainly high end specs, processor is mid-range plus
    The amoled plus screen is gorgeous, pictures are amazing, it's cheap what's not to like,
    I watch Netflix/ Disney/films etc never left me down for a second and unless you're a David Bailey the cameras fine best I've used

feck it...

now I tempted all over again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hi folks. Anyone ship DHL before? What was the delivery times? Is it dodgy compared to than just say, standard Chinese shipping? My only option was using DHL, and heard one person say they needed to pay import charges because of them, so feeling a little jittery now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hi folks. Anyone ship DHL before? What was the delivery times? Is it dodgy compared to than just say, standard Chinese shipping? My only option was using DHL, and heard one person say they needed to pay import charges because of them, so feeling a little jittery now.
    If ordering from outside the EU and they don't specifically mention that taxes are paid in advance, or 'no fees', then almost a 100% certainty that DHL will ask you for the VAT and their handling fee before handing you the item.
    You can check the expected vat to pay here - https://www.calculatevat.net/
    and add DHL handling fee to it, which IIRC is around €15.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I ordered the Realme 5 Pro from .ES and had it within a week. The delivery date was meant to be another week, but An Post delivered it on Monday (bank holiday!)

I order alot of stuff from overseas. I can tell you with a certain degree of actuality, 99% of the time DHL will charge you VAT. They will also charge you a processing fee (of about €16 on top of this). Obviously this is only if the shipment is coming from outside the EU. Factor those prices in. If that works out more expensive than buying elsewhere, buy it elsewhere (at least you know how much it will cost). I normally get stuff sent via eParcel of SFparcel. It takes a lot longer, but very rarely does it get stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I got stung for €25 after using them to import from China. Iirc €14.50 was vat and the rest was a DHL handling fee.

I recently imported from the U.S using AddressPal and wasn't charged any handling fee, just p+p.

I wouldn't use DHL again if I had a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I know ive popped in and out asking for suggestions so thanks..

The redmi note 9s, the mi 9t or the realme 6. Prices are fairly close and im open to another if one was suggested to me.

Which would you go for? I done a comparison on these and its three very similar phones in the inside.

Honorbuy doesnt have the higher memory available in global version that I can see. If someone has a link that would be great

I just got the redmi note 9s and it's a great phone except it has a WiFi bug, when the phone is idle/locked it loses WiFi connection, even after only 10 mins. If you Google it, it's a widely known problem and Xiaomi know about it and are working on a fix but it is annoying. That might help you make you desicion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Toxica wrote: »
    I just got the redmi note 9s and it's a great phone except it has a WiFi bug, when the phone is idle/locked it loses WiFi connection, even after only 10 mins. If you Google it, it's a widely known problem and Xiaomi know about it and are working on a fix but it is annoying. That might help you make you desicion.

Jaysus, was just about to pull the trigger. So you know if there'll be a fix? Is it software or hardware problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

kingstevii wrote: »
    Jaysus, was just about to pull the trigger. So you know if there'll be a fix? Is it software or hardware problem?

They say they're working on a fix, people seem to think it's a software problem but I don't know, I've tried all the tests that some people have said solved the problem for them like using a WiFi extender but none seem to work for me. I hope they fix it soon. But definitely something to factor into your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Toxica wrote: »

Thanks for this...had no idea! I thought my router was acting up. Have Mi9SE just over a year and love it! Was wondering why WI-FI acted up now and then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Finally bit the bullet and bought a Redmi Note 8 Pro 128gb in Grey (wanted white, but whatever...) from honorbuy. 250 all in including delivery and a 5 euro discount which was applied via honey.

Updating from a Redmi note 5, which while in still perfect working condition was annoying me with no NFC etc and little storage. (32gb version from Three...). My daughter will make use of the note 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

eposhea wrote: »
    Thanks for this...had no idea! I thought my router was acting up. Have Mi9SE just over a year and love it! Was wondering why WI-FI acted up now and then
    I have the same problem with my mi 9 lite . thought it was the router. if there is a fix will one of ye post here so i'll see it. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Thinking of jumping over to a realme x2 from my Poco f1, anyone have any experience with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

sioda wrote: »
    Thinking of jumping over to a realme x2 from my Poco f1, anyone have any experience with one?

I have one. Nice phone. I get one day of use from battery but must charge every night. Fast charger so will get a full charge in about half an hour.

Phone got a recent upgrade to android 10 and switched from oppo color os to realme ui os. I havent noticed any bugs since upgrade.

Decent but not amazing camera. Decent build and excellent specs for a 290 euro phone. I have 8gb/128gb version with 256gb sd card.

I bought mine from Amazon.es.

I recently tried to buy my wife a 5 pro but it got lost in transit from amazon spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

I ordered realme 5 pro from Amazon.es. second week in April. It never arrived. I received a refund on Monday.

I notice some goods from Amazon.es ship from a warehouse in France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

ImARebel wrote: »
    feck it...

now I tempted all over again :D

Slow regards camera processing,
    All else is tickety boo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

I have one. Nice phone. I get one day of use from battery but must charge every night. Fast charger so will get a full charge in about half an hour.

Phone got a recent upgrade to android 10 and switched from oppo color os to realme ui os. I havent noticed any bugs since upgrade.

Decent but not amazing camera. Decent build and excellent specs for a 290 euro phone. I have 8gb/128gb version with 256gb sd card.

I bought mine from Amazon.es.

I recently tried to buy my wife a 5 pro but it got lost in transit from amazon spain.
    290 was a bargain seeing it at 100 more most places

Advertisement