Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not specifically related to Chinese smartphones, but has anyone ever bought a phone from any of the stores advertised on donedeal/adverts? Plenty of places showing up around Dublin like iSales Dublin, laptopmarket Park West and a few others. All have good reviews/feedback on adverts but just hesitant as have never bought from somewhere other than 3/Carphone Warehouse. But 3 are really messing me around so tempted to ditch them and switch to another provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not specifically related to Chinese smartphones, but has anyone ever bought a phone from any of the stores advertised on donedeal/adverts? Plenty of places showing up around Dublin like iSales Dublin, laptopmarket Park West and a few others. All have good reviews/feedback on adverts but just hesitant as have never bought from somewhere other than 3/Carphone Warehouse. But 3 are really messing me around so tempted to ditch them and switch to another provided.

Some of those sellers have the devices locally but you'll pay a slight premium over say Honorbuy etc. You might get older models quicker but the newer ones will still take a few weeks. Might be a better option for you rather than going via Three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Redmi note 8 Pro global 6gb 128gb on banggood now for <200 including delivery if anybody still looking for good price on it.
    Can't guarantee delivery times at all, and could get customs but it's so a decent price from what I've seen around

[263,82€ 19% OFF]Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Global Version 6.53 inch 64MP Quad Rear Camera 6GB 128GB NFC 4500mAh Helio G90T Octa Core 4G Smartphone Smartphones from Mobile Phones & Accessories on banggood.com
    https://banggood.app.link/TcJnbudEs6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Did at Christmas,guy in Galway , spent big at Xmas as eglobal left me down,but co in Galway sourced a one 7 pro HD something other and got it delivered before Christmas
    Pm for information I'll check my history on adverts ( he's Irish in business for years, all positive reviews)

I also bought from a polish guy in Dublin at Christmas, Ai good reviews also( mi note 10) he sells a good lot of phones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Redmi note 8 Pro global 6gb 128gb on banggood now for <200 including delivery if anybody still looking for good price on it.
    Can't guarantee delivery times at all, and could get customs but it's so a decent price from what I've seen around

[263,82€ 19% OFF]Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Global Version 6.53 inch 64MP Quad Rear Camera 6GB 128GB NFC 4500mAh Helio G90T Octa Core 4G Smartphone Smartphones from Mobile Phones & Accessories on banggood.com
    https://banggood.app.link/TcJnbudEs6

Any idea at all how long this will take to ship?

Is it free delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Any idea at all how long this will take to ship?

Is it free delivery?

It's in the link :

In stock. Processing time: 24 hours
    To Ireland Via EU Priority Line, 15-20 Business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

starting to panic...

friend order a phone off eglobalcentral.eu earlier this year and got the phone within 2 weeks. took a gamble and ordered RealmeXT as it was the cheapest offer, not by much, but every few euro saved helps.

Not a dickie bird since 12th April , order still at 'processing' status and money deducted from card, countless emails without reply...how I wish I'd gone through Paypal now!

I know covid-19 may be impacting but over a month now and no communication back from any emails, nothing up online to say working at reduced capacity, facebook page is filled with irate customers all saying same thing about lack of communication and orders not being processed.

My own fault and buyers beware etc etc
    Have always bought from honorbuy/gearbest/amazon/ the usual trusted places but took a gamble this time and hasn't paid off.

Going to have to play the waiting game but just in case anyone else stumbled upon the website - hold off and pay that extra few quid for a trusted and recommended site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That's the risk with eglobal. they will sell you something they dont have in stock and ignore you as much as they can. I'd email saying you want a refund, that was the only thing that ever got an answer for me.

fixXxer wrote: »
    That's the risk with eglobal. they will sell you something they dont have in stock and ignore you as much as they can. I'd email saying you want a refund, that was the only thing that ever got an answer for me.

Looks that way alright...next step is request the refund email alright and see how that goes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 Kmcg46

How would the redmi note 8 compare to a S7 ?

jfk247 wrote: »
    starting to panic...

friend order a phone off eglobalcentral.eu earlier this year and got the phone within 2 weeks. took a gamble and ordered RealmeXT as it was the cheapest offer, not by much, but every few euro saved helps.

Not a dickie bird since 12th April , order still at 'processing' status and money deducted from card, countless emails without reply...how I wish I'd gone through Paypal now!

I know covid-19 may be impacting but over a month now and no communication back from any emails, nothing up online to say working at reduced capacity, facebook page is filled with irate customers all saying same thing about lack of communication and orders not being processed.

Have always bought from honorbuy/gearbest/amazon/ the usual trusted places but took a gamble this time and hasn't paid off.

Going to have to play the waiting game but just in case anyone else stumbled upon the website - hold off and pay that extra few quid for a trusted and recommended site!

Awful gang,I had to threaten to open up a pay pal dispute, and inundate them with emails , got refunded eventually, lesson learned

Awful gang,I had to threaten to open up a pay pal dispute, and inundate them with emails , got refunded eventually, lesson learned

Emailed looking for refund, will keep at them daily but fact I didn't go through PayPal if gonna be tough.
    Light a candle for me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can't remember how I heard this, but I am pretty sure they are under the same umbrella as Gearbest, Rosegal, Igogo.es etc..
    I've been ripped off by them, have seen others the same or have a horrible time trying to get their refund, yet you still often hear people saying things like 'i've never had an issue with them'
    That shouldn't be a measuring stick. That should be normal. The hassle comes when there is an issue and they just ignore or refuse to refund. Sometimes they get away with it.

Suckit wrote: »
    Can't remember how I heard this, but I am pretty sure they are under the same umbrella as Gearbest, Rosegal, Igogo.es etc..
    I've been ripped off by them, have seen others the same or have a horrible time trying to get their refund, yet you still often hear people saying things like 'i've never had an issue with them'
    That shouldn't be a measuring stick. That should be normal. The hassle comes when there is an issue and they just ignore or refuse to refund. Sometimes they get away with it.

They have no customer care service, don't answer queries, take money when obviously goods are not in stock, and vv difficult to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

starting to panic...

If you paid via PayPal open a dispute through them, you'll get you money back but it may take time. That crowd can be difficult to deal with when the order doesn't arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

beardo81 wrote: »
    If you paid via PayPal open a dispute through them, you'll get you money back but it may take time. That crowd can be difficult to deal with when the order doesn't arrive.

Think you missed the but where he said 'how I wish I'd gone through Paypal now!' ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Emailed looking for refund, will keep at them daily but fact I didn't go through PayPal if gonna be tough.
    Light a candle for me!!!!

They gave me a runaround before on a phone, no refund but did in the end send a phone albeit the wrong colour but I didn't give a sh*t at the time, least I got something for my money it was for a present so wasn't ideal. Never again though!

took 6 to 8 weeks for me to get it in the end and it was well past christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Has anyone here ordered from banggood before? Brother ordered from them recently, would help to know more about them.

ImARebel wrote: »
    They gave me a runaround before on a phone, no refund but did in the end send a phone albeit the wrong colour but I didn't give a sh*t at the time, least I got something for my money it was for a present so wasn't ideal. Never again though!

took 6 to 8 weeks for me to get it in the end and it was well past christmas!

Gangsters

• Advertisement

Has anyone here ordered from banggood before? Brother ordered from them recently, would help to know more about them.

Yes a few times no probs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

starting to panic...

Any update on this pal? :)

I ordered a phone on April 28th from them and it finally shipped today, May 18th!
    Have never had that long a lead time with eglobal before and who's knows how long final time will be by the time I get the damn phone! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

My new redmi 8 pro arrived yesterday, nice solid phone. Upgrading from Mi a1. I only use phone for the basics so wasn't really a need to change as the a1 still going good but was just bored.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

My new redmi 8 pro arrived yesterday, nice solid phone. Upgrading from Mi a1. I only use phone for the basics so wasn't really a need to change as the a1 still going good but was just bored.

Is it much of an upgrade? My a1 still going strong but wondering about the change also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Is it much of an upgrade? My a1 still going strong but wondering about the change also.

I don't use a phone enough to notice a difference, camera is better and storage is more is all I notice at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yes a few times no probs
    Arrived this evening for him. Product is A1 and came on time. Would recommend this crowd (banggood).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was checking out reviews on the Redmi Note 8 Pro, and saw that the Redmi Note 9S is fairly comparable. Has anyone here gotten one yet?

Will be going for the 128GB version, but just wondering if I should hold off on the Redmi Note 8 Pro? Not in a mad rush, but looking to upgrade from my current Moto E4 shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

the_syco wrote: »
    Was checking out reviews on the Redmi Note 8 Pro, and saw that the Redmi Note 9S is fairly comparable. Has anyone here gotten one yet?

Will be going for the 128GB version, but just wondering if I should hold off on the Redmi Note 8 Pro? Not in a mad rush, but looking to upgrade from my current Moto E4 shortly.

I think the 8pro is the better phone, but will cost you a little more.
    I'm still waiting for a 9s in the post from DHgate and am starting to wonder if it'll come at all...

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I think the 8pro is the better phone, but will cost you a little more.
    I'm still waiting for a 9s in the post from DHgate and am starting to wonder if it'll come at all...
    Cool. Seems the 9s is the same phone as the Redmi Note 9 Pro available in India, which seemed to have gotten a good reception on Amazon India.

• Advertisement

Advertisement