Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Good and bad result there man! Looks like you are going to get a refund though, so you can buy elsewhere :)

Would you believe that I still haven't received the one that I ordered on April 28th yet? Though it is in a DPD van, due for delivery in an hour!

Almost a full damn month :mad:

some kinda result alright, completely hit and miss with them! hopefully you got the correct one delivered.
    anyway back to the shopping around game now which will probably take me another few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

jfk247 wrote: »
    some kinda result alright, completely hit and miss with them! hopefully you got the correct one delivered.
    anyway back to the shopping around game now which will probably take me another few weeks!

Good luck with that :)

Yeah, got my "blue" Redmi Note 9S yesterday.
    Great piece of kit, but it doesn't have NFC, definitely!
    Waiting to unlock the bootloader and flash xiaomi.eu ROM before I move to it permanently, but the unlock process tells me I have to wait a week!

What a fúcking pain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

You'd wonder what the logic is behind not having nfc on a new model in this day and age? I know alot of people mightnt be bothered by it, but id have thought it would be standard now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

kingstevii wrote: »
    You'd wonder what the logic is behind not having nfc on a new model in this day and age? I know alot of people mightnt be bothered by it, but id have thought it would be standard now..

Costs and supply of parts I'd imagine. QR codes are mainly used in China instead of NFC for payments and info for some reason. I suppose they can work at more of a distance :p

Funny enough I bought my Mi 9 SE because it has NFC. Haven't used it once in the year I've had it.....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,726 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

not big in china , where most of these phones are aimed at.

they use alternatives such as wechatpay and other apps that use QR code pay, such as alipay.

most recent new chinese phone models have NFC though

• Advertisement

any one ever order off edwaybuy.com or have any dealings with them?

cancel that, just found a thread from user who had decent dealings with them...going to use Paypal this time round in case any issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I used use NFC for Revolut and Gpay.
    But I can use the physical card for Revolut, so no loss there.
    I don't suppose Google offer a physical card for Gpay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

cancel that, just found a thread from user who had decent dealings with them...going to use Paypal this time round in case any issue!

Think that was me yeah no issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Wonder if the deliveries will be as quick as they say. My dad needs a new phone his other one is packing in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Wonder if the deliveries will be as quick as they say. My dad needs a new phone his other one is packing in.
    Once DHL get their hands on it , delivery will be quick.
    Edwaybuy say processing can take up to 3 days and there is a note on their website that there could be delay due to global pneumonia.

Got a phone off them recently order to delivery 7 days so pretty quick

sioda wrote: »
    Think that was me yeah no issues at all.

got a weird email off them this morning saying the 'logistics side reports that my zip code format is incorrect'

just pinged them back saying it is correct for Ireland and verified it... 2 mins later another email saying phone was shipped.

Coming from Poland so could have it by Wednesday/Thursday with the bank holiday.

Result!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

Got a phone off them recently order to delivery 7 days so pretty quick

Was that the Realme X2 Pro you bought? I was looking at that on banggood but my reading of the global version they have for sale was that it didn't have the correct frequency bands for Ireland. I'm not great with that stuff though so could be wrong.

https://www.banggood.com/Realme-X2-Pro-Global-Version-6_5-inch-FHD+-90Hz-Refresh-Rate-NFC-50W-Super-VOOC-Charging-64MP-Quad-Camera-8GB-128GB-Snapdragon-855-Plus-4G-Smartphone-p-1608387.html?rmmds=search&ID=6287845&cur_warehouse=HK

Do you mind sharing what version you bought and how much you paid? Thanks.

realme X2 Pro EU Version 8G+128G - Neptune Blue paid 390 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

realme X2 Pro EU Version 8G+128G - Neptune Blue paid 390 for it

Thanks for that. Must be out of stock at the minute. I'll keep an eye out for when they come back in. Looks like a really great phone for the money.

collybyrne wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Must be out of stock at the minute. I'll keep an eye out for when they come back in. Looks like a really great phone for the money.

Can't fault it tbh

https://www.edwaybuy.com/redmi-note-8-4gb-128gb-355.html

This is a global phone,just ordered it presumed it would work in Ireland,but would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

https://www.edwaybuy.com/redmi-note-8-4gb-128gb-355.html

This is a global phone,just ordered it presumed it would work in Ireland,but would it?

Yeah it has the band's needed for our networks.

GBX wrote: »
    Yeah it has the band's needed for our networks.

Phew thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

This might be a better place for this...

I'm looking at getting the 8 from eglobal. Anyone any experience buying from them? Much cheaper, currently at €530 for base model. Most websites (including Chinese OnePlus official page) state the Chinese version supports n78 (so should cover 5g Vodafone here) but eglobal doesn't state n78! This is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger at the minute. Anyone know if it's just an oversight by eglobal? Sent them a mail but nothing back yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

tglynn wrote: »
    This might be a better place for this...

I'm looking at getting the 8 from eglobal. Anyone any experience buying from them? Much cheaper, currently at €530 for base model. Most websites (including Chinese OnePlus official page) state the Chinese version supports n78 (so should cover 5g Vodafone here) but eglobal doesn't state n78! This is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger at the minute. Anyone know if it's just an oversight by eglobal? Sent them a mail but nothing back yet

Id have a read of the last few pages on the eglobal thread before deciding anything

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

NATLOR wrote: »
    Id have a read of the last few pages on the eglobal thread before deciding anything

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

Thanks for that, will get it off amazon, seems to be the next best price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

tglynn wrote: »
    Thanks for that, will get it off amazon, seems to be the next best price

Wise person

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Got an Redmi note 9 pro yesterday bought it in Dublin city centre.It's a lovely phone very quick. Just need to buy good case as the gel case that comes with it is not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

mr170 wrote: »
    Got an Redmi note 9 pro yesterday bought it in Dublin city centre.It's a lovely phone very quick. Just need to buy good case as the gel case that comes with it is not great.

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

How much?

For 128gb it cost me 290 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Not phone specific but can anyone recommend where to get the xiaomi air dots. EU warehouse preferable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My Mrs got a Redmi note 8 pro 2 weeks ago and has been encountering issues with photos/screenshots saving. If she saved either she is getting the message "file format isn't supported or files are corrupted". She had popped in the micro SD from her redmi note 4 when she got the phone which I thought could be the root of the issue but it is also happening when she removed it.

Any ideas. Haven't found many others with this problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

GBX wrote: »
    My Mrs got a Redmi note 8 pro 2 weeks ago and has been encountering issues with photos/screenshots saving. If she saved either she is getting the message "file format isn't supported or files are corrupted". She had popped in the micro SD from her redmi note 4 when she got the phone which I thought could be the root of the issue but it is also happening when she removed it.

Any ideas. Haven't found many others with this problem.

I've this phone and haven't had that problem.
    Have you tried restoring the default settings for the camera?

Advertisement