Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    I've this phone and haven't had that problem.
    Have you tried restoring the default settings for the camera?

Factory reset is the road I'd go, if it's in the camera default ATM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone bought from edwaybuy? I see them mentioned more and more, looks like they are taking any potential eglobal customers on mainland Europe.
    No idea what their customer support is like, but it couldn't be worse than eglobal. They seem the better option, which isn't hard tbh.
    They have a few decent prices, free shipping and apparently no customs charges either.
    An example - Realme X2 Version EU 8GB+128GB with NFC
    is €249 delivered
    with code EDREALMEX2128 (UPS 3-5 days delivery).
    Realme phones are covered by 2 year manufacturer guarantee, If you have any issues, the device can be returned to the repair center in France free of charge. EU versions with shipping from Europe are accepted by Realme.
    Hawk Eye camera: 64MP ultra-clear main lens
    Snapdragon 730G: The unrivaled processor
    30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0: Charge in a flash
    Latest built-in fingerprint scanner: 0.36 second instant unlock
    AI Quad Camera: Ultra Wide Angle | Macro lens
    AI 32MP AI front camera: Super Nightscape Portrait
    Five-dimensional design: 3D curved glass
    6.4-inch Super AMOLED screen: 91.9% screen-to-screen ratio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Suckit wrote: »
    Anyone bought from edwaybuy? I see them mentioned more and more, looks like they are taking any potential eglobal customers on mainland Europe.
    No idea what their customer support is like, but it couldn't be worse than eglobal. They seem the better option, which isn't hard tbh.
    They have a few decent prices, free shipping and apparently no customs charges either.
    is €249 delivered
    Realme phones are covered by 2 year manufacturer guarantee, If you have any issues, the device can be returned to the repair center in France free of charge. EU versions with shipping from Europe are accepted by Realme.

Yup bought a x2 pro from them. UPS delivery and PayPal so all good there. Quick service 1 week purchase to delivery no complaints at all

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

I too just ordered off edwaybuy, the Realme X2 but didn't have that code :(

placed the order on the 29th and it's currently en route, departed Tamworth in the UK this morning after being dispatched from Germany.

apart from not having discount code, happy so far with the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

is €249 delivered

getting code not valid,, any update ?

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »
    getting code not valid,, any update ?

Code should still be working. Make sure there are no spaces before or after the code when you copy + paste it.

Realme X2 EU Version 8GB+128GB €249 EDREALMEX2128
    Realme 6i EU Version 4GB+128GB €149.99 EDREALME6I
    Realme 5i EU Version 4GB+64GB €119.99 EDREALME5I

Got an update/reply from eglobal about a phone (the only phone I bought from them) that went back for repair early this year. Not sure exactly when. I think it was February.
    It is the Mi 9T. It has a well known issue with 'ghost touches' and none of the fixes really work.
    Anyway, a lot of back and forths for the past few months, no sign of the phone etc. I gave them the benefit of the doubt (even though it was tracked to their 'package handling centre') that it was down to covid19.
    Then, when it did turn up again almost 3 weeks ago their 'technician' could find no issues with it. I had to remind them of the videos I sent them upon their request at the start of the process, and the ones I had sent subsequently showing them the phone when it was missing.
    The update today (Yes, they wrote "Dear eGlobal")
    Dear eGlobal,

Please note our inspection has confirmed accepting your item for warranty repair. Your item is currently under repair process which will take around 4-6 weeks. We will let you know as soon as there is any update. If we happen to find any issue during/after the repair, additional inspection result may be provided. Thank you.
    Never will I deal with them again.

Got an update/reply from eglobal about a phone (the only phone I bought from them) that went back for repair early this year. Not sure exactly when. I think it was February.
    It is the Mi 9T. It has a well known issue with 'ghost touches' and none of the fixes really work.
    Anyway, a lot of back and forths for the past few months, no sign of the phone etc. I gave them the benefit of the doubt (even though it was tracked to their 'package handling centre') that it was down to covid19.
    Then, when it did turn up again almost 3 weeks ago their 'technician' could find no issues with it. I had to remind them of the videos I sent them upon their request at the start of the process, and the ones I had sent subsequently showing them the phone when it was missing.
    The update today (Yes, they wrote "Dear eGlobal")

Never will I deal with them again.

Yeah I learned my lesson also, untrustworthy similar to Gearbest and our own darlings eir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Liking the Redmi Note 8 Pro so far. Found a tool (XiaomiADBFastbootTools-6.8.1-Win) that I run on my PC that allows me to remove a lot of the bloatware. Will still keep an eye out for a decent custom rom to install to it, but currently Linage and POSP don't have seem to have full functionality as of yet. Installed Apex launcher to it for a nice feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭bassy

the_syco wrote: »
    Liking the Redmi Note 8 Pro so far. Found a tool (XiaomiADBFastbootTools-6.8.1-Win) that I run on my PC that allows me to remove a lot of the bloatware. Will still keep an eye out for a decent custom rom to install to it, but currently Linage and POSP don't have seem to have full functionality as of yet. Installed Apex launcher to it for a nice feel.

Hi where did you buy it and how much?.cheers

• Advertisement

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YB7NLY7/ for £219
    "Sold by ONLINE SHOPPERS and Fulfilled by Amazon."

BUT, new seller pops up every few days, for less. It's odd.

For example, this; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Redmi-128GB-Mineral-VERSION/dp/B0872NPDSL/ is £209.98
    "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon."

=-=

Anyhoos, I got this case for £25, and these protections screens for £7

=-=

AMAZON RANT; I has Prime. This took two weeks to be delivered with Prime. Ordered 26th May, but doesn't move from the warehouse until the 3rd of June. Received it 5th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭ra0044

Can I ask for Opinions please.

I and my family are long term Xiaomi converts. Have had mia1, redmi note 6 pro, 7 pro, 8pro and I have the mi max 3.

Looking to change from the mi max 3. Great phone but I now need NFC.

I thought it was a no brainer to get The Redmi note 9 pro but now after looking I just don't know. Have myself in a quandary. My current short list is -
    - Redmi Note 9 Pro ( big battery )
    - Realme 6 pro
    - Realme x2( like the idea of amoled screen )
    - mi note 10 lite ( more money , no micro SD card )
    - mi 9t ( more money )

Does anyone have an opinion or even a better option in the sub €350-400 category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You can get a Redmi note 8T for ~€150 if you really want to save money. Grand little phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

ra0044 wrote: »

I and my family are long term Xiaomi converts. Have had mia1, redmi note 6 pro, 7 pro, 8pro and I have the mi max 3.

I thought it was a no brainer to get The Redmi note 9 pro but now after looking I just don't know. Have myself in a quandary. My current short list is -
    - Realme 6 pro
    - Realme x2( like the idea of smoked screen )
    - mi 9t ( more money )

Does anyone have an opinion or even a better option in the sub €350-400 category.

I picked up the Realme X2pro for €385 from Amazon.it, it's arriving tomorrow.

Did quite a bit of research and found it to have the best combination of specs for me at that price point.

Also, it was highly recommended by a couple of other users on here.

ra0044 wrote: »

- Realme 6 pro
    - Realme x2( like the idea of amoled screen )
    - mi 9t ( more money )

Mo note 10 or mi note 10 lite

The global version of Redmi 9 - 4GB/64GB with a promo code and a seller’s coupon the price drops to $164.11 (roughly €145) including delivery with DHL shipping and customs Duty and VAT paid (no extra charges).
    Use $5 coupon and code 30CPREDMI9 to get it at that price.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001118006945.html
    The global version of Redmi 9 is now even cheaper. Cost taking into account the seller’s coupon ($5) and promotional code ($30) is reduced to $ 136.11.

The seller’s coupon will start working on June 10 from 7:00 in the morning.

An excellent mid range phone with a large 5020mAh battery, which will last for 2 days of moderate use, an advanced camera system (four modules), not only support for most bands needed in EU, but also Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, there is a 3.5 mm headphone jack, infrared and USB Type-C.

Specifications :
    CPU - mediatek Helio G80 Octa-core
    Screen - 6.53 ”display, 2340x1080 FHD +, 394 PPI
    RAM + ROM-3 GB + 32 GB or 4 + 64 GB
    Camera - 13MP + 8MP + 5MP + 2MP Quad camera, front camera 8MP
    Battery - 5020 mAh (typ), support for fast charging 18 W
    OS
    Global version, Support for OTA updates
    Others - WIFI, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, OTG

Network:
    GSM: B2 / 3/5/8
    WCDMA: B1 / 2/4/5/8
    LTE-FDD: B1 / 2/3/4/5/7/8/ 20 /28
    LTE-TDD version 1: B38 / 40/41 (2540-2640 MHz)
    LTE-TDD version 2: B38 / 40 Seller’s coupon (will start working on June 10 from 7am)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Ordered 9 pro on the 1st from eglobal central. Dispatched today.. 3rd phone I've bought off them.. Haven't had the hassle
    Some seen to have had..

kingstevii wrote: »
    Ordered 9 pro on the 1st from eglobal central. Dispatched today.. 3rd phone I've bought off them.. Haven't had the hassle
    Some seen to have had..

Lucky boy, personally I think they're awful

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any idea what site I could order a Xiaomi in the 100-200 Euro range with delivery from Europe before the second week of July?

Any idea what site I could order a Xiaomi in the 100-200 Euro range with delivery from Europe before the second week of July?
    Maybe ask mr170?
    mr170 wrote: »
    Got an Redmi note 9 pro yesterday bought it in Dublin city centre.
    If they one, they may have other new ones in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

I picked up the Realme X2pro for €385 from Amazon.it
    That's a great price did you have a coupon ? Lowest i can see is 407

That's a great price did you have a coupon ? Lowest i can see is 407

No I thought I got lucky when one popped up from a marketplace seller at that price. Just received it yesterday and it was DOA, battery would not charge and the charging connection was loose. Back in the return post to Italy today!

Keeping my eye out for another one and that price on Amazon.it is the lowest one I can see at the minute as well, without going the AliExpress route.

Let me know if you come across any good pricing on it. Still think it's the best spec you can get for around €400 at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

collybyrne wrote: »
    No I thought I got lucky when one popped up from a marketplace seller at that price. Just received it yesterday and it was DOA, battery would not charge and the charging connection was loose. Back in the return post to Italy today!

Keeping my eye out for another one and that price on Amazon.it is the lowest one I can see at the minute as well, without going the AliExpress route.

Let me know if you come across any good pricing on it. Still think it's the best spec you can get for around €400 at the minute.

Sorry to hear it was DOA it's a great phone and worth holding out for

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Just received it yesterday and it was DOA, battery would not charge and the charging connection was loose

Ah sorry to hear that , yeah if i see one at that money i will share back here great bit of kit for the money.

Thanks lads. Hoping eglobal get them back in stock soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

honorbuy.com will be the quickest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Got the Redmi note 8 pro for a friend with 4500mah. She's told me the battery not lasting more than a day even though she's not using mobile data yet as she's waiting for the 3 plant to start and she ain't using it on WiFi either.
    I expected more .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got the Redmi note 8 pro for a friend with 4500mah. She's told me the battery not lasting more than a day even though she's not using mobile data yet as she's waiting for the 3 plant to start and she ain't using it on WiFi either.
    I expected more .

Herself had similar - found this on Reddit - see if it improves.

Disable these:

Go to settings> Battery and performance> Adaptive battery.
    Go back to batt & perf> Scenes> Non-interactive mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

a1smartstore - has anyone ever heard or dealt with these for anything before? There's only a handful of reviews, which seem positive, but they are a relatively new site.

• Advertisement

I expected more .
    How much screen time is she using it for? After 16 hours, WiFi & mobile data on, but screen time only maybe 120-150 minutes my Note 8 Pro battery is at 79%. I've deleted most of the bloatware if that makes any difference.

Advertisement