Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Just wondering, has anyone purchased from T Dimension before? Some of the prices are good but don’t know if I should order or not. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

Hey ordered a redmi note 8 on may 28 from a European warehouse.. it's last tracking information is it left the United kingdom parcel center on June 04.. any idea is that normal or should I be chasing it up ?? Or just cancel my order

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

Hey ordered a redmi note 8 on may 28 from a European warehouse.. it's last tracking information is it left the United kingdom parcel center on June 04.. any idea is that normal or should I be chasing it up ?? Or just cancel my order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sjoyce87 wrote: »
    If you have the tracking number, put it into http://track.anpost.ie/TrackList.aspx and see what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭mossy464

Looking at the the mi note 10 on eglobal. Great price. Anyone know how long delivery should take at the moment from eglobal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

mossy464 wrote: »
    Looking at the the mi note 10 on eglobal. Great price. Anyone know how long delivery should take at the moment from eglobal
    Probably not going to be a popular opinion, but if you are buying a Xiaomi phone I wouldn't recommend buying one from eGlobal.
    A lot of Xiaomi phones have ghost touch problems from using the cheaper screens.

Some people have had limited success 'fixing' the problem using one of the workarounds, but eventually it will need to be repaired (better to do it under warranty) - and eglobal are terrible for that (as are many Chinese stores).
    For the extra €20 or so I would get it from amazon.
    https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/mi%20note%2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Suckit wrote: »
    Probably not going to be a popular opinion, but if you are buying a Xiaomi phone I wouldn't recommend buying one from eGlobal.
    A lot of Xiaomi phones have ghost touch problems from using the cheaper screens.

Some people have had limited success 'fixing' the problem using one of the workarounds, but eventually it will need to be repaired (better to do it under warranty) - and eglobal are terrible for that (as are many Chinese stores).

Have mi note 10,tried originally to buy from e global, left my sin down badly , basically lied and kept telling us phone was in stock etc,it wasn't.
    On tbe plus side great phone,no issues

Having had 4 different xiaomi phones over the test,I've had zero issues whatsoever, never heard of ghost screens etc reference mi ( xiaomi)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭mossy464

Thanks for the advice. I had looked at it on Amazon but it was a lot more but seeing the prices on the other Amazon sites it's a no brainer to go with them. Thanks a mil

Having had 4 different xiaomi phones over the test,I've had zero issues whatsoever, never heard of ghost screens etc reference mi ( xiaomi)
    Have had a few with zero issues myself. But I bought the Mi 9T Pro, and it has ghost touch. My cousin got ghost touch issue on her Note 8 pro.
    It turns out it's an issue with a high amount of their more recent models, and not happening for everyone.
    Something to do with the screen and the board connection. When it happens the only real fix is to get the board replaced or repaired (replaced would be preferable).
    Mostly happens on the 9 series afaik (9T, 9T Pro, 9, 9 SE)
    But also happens with the Mi A1, A2 lite, Poco F1, Note 8, Note 8 pro and a few others, a quick search mentioning any of them with ghost touch should show a few people with the issues.

• Advertisement

Have had a few with zero issues myself. But I bought the Mi 9T Pro, and it has ghost touch. My cousin got ghost touch issue on her Note 8 pro.
    It turns out it's an issue with a high amount of their more recent models, and not happening for everyone.
    Something to do with the screen and the board connection. When it happens the only real fix is to get the board replaced or repaired (replaced would be preferable).
    Mostly happens on the 9 series afaik (9T, 9T Pro, 9, 9 SE)
    But also happens with the Mi A1, A2 lite, Poco F1, Note 8, Note 8 pro and a few others, a quick search mentioning any of them with ghost touch should show a few people with the issues.

Feck that's disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

I'm having issues with the NFC on my redmi note 8 pro... I can't seem to turn it on. can't find it in the settings and when I try to turn it on via the quick buttons when you swipe down it stays grey. Anyone know how to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

LorelaiG wrote: »
    I'm having issues with the NFC on my redmi note 8 pro... I can't seem to turn it on. can't find it in the settings and when I try to turn it on via the quick buttons when you swipe down it stays grey. Anyone know how to sort it.

Go to settings under Bluetooth should be Connection & Sharing NFC is in there.

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Go to settings under Bluetooth should be Connection & Sharing NFC is in there.

No no option there

• Subscribers Posts: 41,726 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LorelaiG wrote: »
    No no option there

I assume you've restarted your phone??

Maybe try :
    Settings > Apps > Show system apps > NFC > Storage and then clear cache and data.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I assume you've restarted your phone??

Maybe try :
    Settings > Apps > Show system apps > NFC > Storage and then clear cache and data.

Rebooting the phone worked. I still can't find it in the settings though. Just in the pull down tray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite 6GB+128GB EU Version is €279 with code ED10LITE128

https://www.edwaybuy.com/xiaomi-note10-lite-6gb128gb-eu-version.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite 6GB+128GB EU Version is €279 with code ED10LITE128

https://www.edwaybuy.com/xiaomi-note10-lite-6gb128gb-eu-version.html

Code doesn't seem to be working anymore unfortunately

Code doesn't seem to be working anymore unfortunately

Maybe used up. Another one I saw was the 6GB/64GB version and code ED10LITE64

https://www.edwaybuy.com/xiaomi-mi10-lite-5g-6gb-64gb.html

I didn't check if edwaybuy is one of the sites that you need to be logged into to make sure the code works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

I bought the Xiaomi mi Note Lite 10 128 gb on Sunday from Edwaybuy and it arrived yesterday . Great phone not mad on curved screen but it will grow on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just because they are new to the thread gonna throw in another good experience with Edwaybuy. Bought a phone off them 07/07/20 and received it 14/07/20. Would have had it earlier only UPS fecked up and caused a three day delay. Had a query for the sales team after the order was made and they answered very quickly. Very good experience overall, will certainly be looking there again when buying phones.

Slightly related, but are Honorbuy still going? Was on their website recently and nearly everything was of stock.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Just because they are new to the thread gonna throw in another good experience with Edwaybuy. Bought a phone off them 07/07/20 and received it 14/07/20. Would have had it earlier only UPS fecked up and caused a three day delay. Had a query for the sales team after the order was made and they answered very quickly. Very good experience overall, will certainly be looking there again when buying phones.

Slightly related, but are Honorbuy still going? Was on their website recently and nearly everything was of stock.

Yeah honorbuy seems to have nothing in stock as was going to buy from them initially as they have always been great to deal and quick as well.

blackwave wrote: »
    I bought the Xiaomi mi Note Lite 10 128 gb on Sunday from Edwaybuy and it arrived yesterday . Great phone not mad on curved screen but it will grow on me.

Curved screen is nice if you've not got large hands/ fingers like me,miss the 'p'and' 0' at times, cosmetically it's super

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Is there any point in getting the Mi 10 lite 5g version, it will 5g be realistic in the next couple of years in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The only major network without 5G is Three.
    Both VF and eir have 5G offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Lads I need to get a new phone for myself and one for my Mother so that she can use the HSE Covid App. Budget is €450.

I looked through the Thread here and also on the latest Gsmarena phone guide below https://m.gsmarena.com/smartphone_buyers_guide-review-2036.php

I have seen the Mi 9 Lite recommended on the thread but the Gsmarena guide recommends others in the range instead.

I have a shortlist of these phones. Prices were found using Hagglezon Amazon price comparison site and verified:

Realme C3 3GB 64gb €118 on Amazon.es
    Realme 5 Pro 4GB 138gb €147 on Amazon.it
    Realme 6 8GB 128gb €234 on Amazon.de
    Redmi Note 9 Pro 6GB 128gb €249 on Amazon.es and .it
    Realme X2 8GB 128gb €289 on Amazon.it
    Xiaomi Mi 9T 6GB 64gb €289 on Amazon.es .it and .fr
    Xiaomi Mi 9SE 6GB 64gb €332 on Amazon.es
    Motorola One Fusion plus (no price available)

I was thinking that I could get the Realme C3 for my Mother and one of the others for myself
    OR
    get two Realme C3's and keep the cost down.

Do the other phones justify the price difference between them and the Realme C3?

Btw the Realme 6 got an outstanding review on the Gsmarena guide.

Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads I need to get a new phone for myself and one for my Mother so that she can use the HSE Covid App. Budget is €450.

I looked through the Thread here and also on the latest Gsmarena phone guide below https://m.gsmarena.com/smartphone_buyers_guide-review-2036.php

I have seen the Mi 9 Lite recommended on the thread but the Gsmarena guide recommends others in the range instead.

I have a shortlist of these phones. Prices were found using Hagglezon Amazon price comparison site and verified:

I was thinking that I could get the Realme C3 for my Mother and one of the others for myself
    OR

Do the other phones justify the price difference between them and the Realme C3?

Thanks for any advice.
    Where did you see the moterola
    I have been looking for it

OR

Thanks for any advice.

My advice would be to hold off a few days and see what the price of the one plus Nord is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

blackwave wrote: »
    My advice would be to hold off a few days and see what the price of the one plus Nord is.

He's not going to get two of them for €450 unfortunately!

Advertisement