Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    I've had lots of mi phones ( currently mo note 10) but this phones dimensions would be perfect for me,the beveled edge on my phone kills me ( fingers too big)
    Great spec's on the redmi 9 pro( xiaomi don't make bad phones)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm really liking the look of this phone https://www.edwaybuy.com/xiaomi-note-10-lite-6gb-64gb-eu-version.html What do ye think?
    I'm getting it to replace my Nokia 7 plus, is it an improvement?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I'm really liking the look of this phone https://www.edwaybuy.com/xiaomi-note-10-lite-6gb-64gb-eu-version.html What do ye think?
    I'm getting it to replace my Nokia 7 plus, is it an improvement?

It's a very big improvement, bought my son the 7 + disaster, you'll get yrs out if the mi phone hassle free

It's a very big improvement, bought my son the 7 + disaster, you'll get yrs out if the mi phone hassle free
    That looks good, I presume it has the elusive ch20, how can I tell? Is it B20 in the listings?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That looks good, I presume it has the elusive ch20, how can I tell? Is it B20 in the listings?

Yes

• Advertisement

I ordered it last night. Got tracking number this morning it's coming from Germany via ups, looking forward to getting it.

banie01 wrote: »
    Thanks Massy086, hadn't looked at that.
    If for nothing else other than connectivity then, looks like it's the F2 for me.

I have the K30 Pro, which is the Poco F2 Pro, but for my region so the bands are fine. Amazing phone so far. The unhindered screen is a win and battery just lasts forever. It's 7am and I haven't charged it since 7am yesterday and it's on 27% with a lot of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have the K30 Pro, which is the Poco F2 Pro, but for my region so the bands are fine. Amazing phone so far. The unhindered screen is a win and battery just lasts forever. It's 7am and I haven't charged it since 7am yesterday and it's on 27% with a lot of use.

That's great to hear. I have an F2 pro on the way and battery is the main reason I'm switching phones.
    Currently have a Mi8, fantastic phone but the battery is becoming a little jaded and while i do have a battery case for it.
    It just makes the phone too big, so a change is called for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭bassy

Where's the best place to buy and best price for the poco F2 pro 6gb 128GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

bassy wrote: »

Theres a few sellers in and around €320 delivered on Aliexpress.
    If you have TCB there's 7% cashback and if you buy with a cashback card (crypto.com/swipe or similar) there's even more "money off" to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

GBX wrote: »
    Oppo are great (same family as Realme and OnePlus). However that particular model is missing Band 20 for 4g in certain areas.
    Excellent also if you use your phone for listening to music/audio.

FYI the 6gb uses slower ram than the 8gb. I say slower but I have the 6gb and it's very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Instead of creating a new thread I'm posting here. I have a Redmi Note 5, battery life is getting awful & charging times very long so going to replace it soon. Budget about €250, could go higher if needed.

What I want-
    - fingerprint unlocking (or similar, e.g. facial).
    - quick charging (not a deal breaker but would like it)
    - decent battery life
    - phone- at least 5.5" inch (that's current phone size). If a bit smaller, that's ok.

Main use is browsing internet, Whatsapp, the odd photo, some apps but not games.

I had a quick browse at kimovil site, noted the Redmi Note 8 Pro, Realme 6 (deal here for £185)

Any recommendations & reasons please?

Cheers,
    Pa.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Instead of creating a new thread I'm posting here. I have a Redmi Note 5, battery life is getting awful & charging times very long so going to replace it soon. Budget about €250, could go higher if needed.

What I want-
    - decent battery life
    - phone- at least 5.5" inch (that's current phone size). If a bit smaller, that's ok.

Main use is browsing internet, Whatsapp, the odd photo, some apps but not games.

I had a quick browse at kimovil site, noted the Redmi Note 8 Pro, Realme 6 (deal here for £185)

Any recommendations & reasons please?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Mi note 10 lite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

dinneenp wrote: »

What I want-
    - decent battery life

Realme 6. Edwaybuy. Clearance section. €200 - 250.

Don Imac2 wrote: »
    Realme 6. Edwaybuy. Clearance section. €200 - 250.
    Might find that similarly priced on amazon Spain or Germany, which would be preferable imo.
    Oppo A9 2020 and the Realme 5 Pro also decent similarly priced, but the Realme 6 probably the better choice of the three.

FYI the 6gb uses slower ram than the 8gb. I say slower but I have the 6gb and it's very fast.

Why would it use slower ram on the 6gb model??.
    Doesn't make sense....

• Advertisement

Why would it use slower ram on the 6gb model??.
    Doesn't make sense....

The 8gb uses ddr5.

The 8gb uses ddr5.

Ah didn't know that cheers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Suckit wrote: »
    Might find that similarly priced on amazon Spain or Germany, which would be preferable imo.
    Oppo A9 2020 and the Realme 5 Pro also decent similarly priced, but the Realme 6 probably the better choice of the three.

Just be aware buying from any European Amazon that returning a phone is going to be difficult. Unlike Amazon UK who use an Irish return address the other sites require a direct return and that rules out the post office who wont accept lithium batteries

I had this issue with France and after a lot of emailing I got a refund without returning the phone but cant see that being the norm

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just be aware buying from any European Amazon that returning a phone is going to be difficult. Unlike Amazon UK who use an Irish return address the other sites require a direct return and that rules out the post office who wont accept lithium batteries

I had this issue with France and after a lot of emailing I got a refund without returning the phone but cant see that being the norm
    I've never had any issue returning to any EU amazon, I have had to return items to Germany, France, Spain and Italy.

I usually just use chat, ask if they speak English, if not then use google translate, sometimes they put me through to somebody that does. It is sorted quickly in chat. Only one of my returns was a phone though, and it was ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Just jumping in, have narrowed down to a Mi 10 Note Lite, or the Realme 6 Pro ......which one should I go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I've never had any issue returning to any EU amazon, I have had to return items to Germany, France, Spain and Italy.

I usually just use chat, ask if they speak English, if not then use google translate, sometimes they put me through to somebody that does. It is sorted quickly in chat. Only one of my returns was a phone though, and it was ages ago.
    Was just pointing out you can't return a phone using an post which makes things a bit awkward

NATLOR wrote: »
    Was just pointing out you can't return a phone using an post which makes things a bit awkward
    Yeah, was thinking that when replying. They still legally have to offer a way if you have an issue and buy in Europe. In that respect it is a better option than edwaybuy.
    But I don't know edwaybuy's limitations.

UPS, DHL, DPD etc.. all offer a service that will post batteries.

But, IIRC, I didn't pay for the postage with any amazon returns, they did. I have a very vague recollection of posting something back and being refunded for postage, but that sounds more like paypal returns, not sure why I think amazon did it once.

I'm pretty sure most of my returns didn't have a battery though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

ra0044 wrote: »
    Not that specific one but I have the Oppo Reno 10x Zoom and have found it a great phone. Really solid build and good battery life.

Any negatives to this phone?

Looking at myself, but they seem hard to come by

Recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭ra0044

abarkie wrote: »
    Any negatives to this phone?

Looking at myself, but they seem hard to come by

Recommended?

Definitely recommend it. I have had it a few months now without issue. I would say they main points for me are -

- Great camera
    - very fast with the 8gb of ram
    - lots of storage on board and expandable via micro SD
    - no notch in the screen because of pop up selfie cam ( a bonus if like me you rarely use it )
    - Color OS is not a bad UI and the upgrade to ColorOs 7 has added some nice touches.
    - battery life ok. Not as good as some but easily get 2 days of average use out of it when turned off over night.
    - in screen finger print sensor works really well.

Over all I really like it. Amazon UK was where I got mine.

• Advertisement

The OPPO A52 4GB/64GB is available from amazon Italy for €166 + shipping.
    Price drops at checkout and it €165.93 delivered to Ireland.

Do60vUZ.png

Advertisement