Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I've noticed a few issues with my pocofone now which in fairness is coming up on being almost 2 years old now, and has went through dogs abuse by me since getting it. :P

Little things like temporary freezing on Chrome browser until I press the multi window icon, and scrolling has become very glitchy, and it's prone to becoming fairly blocky at times (blocks of text missing when doing a screen rotate etc) not the end of the world, and the phone is still more than usable but I just feel the time is now right for an upgrade. (,I'll keep the pocofone in a press as a spare)

Anyone any suggestions?

Things that are important to me are the dual SIM capabilities, and a decent camera and long battery life as the nature of my job has me on site in clients yards for long periods of times where I depend on the phone for calls and emails and using certain diagnostic applications etc.

Have looked at the poco2 but just don't know if it's worth upgrading to.

Anyone any suggestions?

I have it and love it.

I have it and love it.

Poco2 yeah?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Poco2 yeah?

K30 Pro which is the same thing but was $150 cheaper here in Hanoi. I installed the EU rom for it and now the phone says it's a Poco F2.

Great battery. Love the full screen with no notch. Fingerprint works fine. It has an IR blaster for TVs etc., and an audio jack.

Edit: Don't get the K30 Pro in Europe. The 4G thing is different or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

K30 Pro which is the same thing but was $150 cheaper here in Hanoi. I installed the EU rom for it and now the phone says it's a Poco F2.

Great battery. Love the full screen with no notch. Fingerprint works fine. It has an IR blaster for TVs etc., and an audio jack.

Have you a link to where you got it,cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

bassy wrote: »
    Have you a link to where you got it,cheers
    K30 Pro which is the same thing but was $150 cheaper here in Hanoi.

You in Hanoi too Bassy? ;)

The F2 is available from a lot of sellers on Ali for @€;320, and there's @7% cashback via TCB too.

An example
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6OFDji

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm debating it as an upgrade to my poco f1

It’s good , mi note 10 is also great,unfortunately for me not steady on android auto so changed to Xs max and Apple CarPlay,otherwise I’d have held onto my mi note 10: I’d recommend mi note 10 lite/ mi note 10 all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

What is the issue with the Note 10 lite on Android Auto?

I think dual apps create a problem rather than the phone itself, but open to correction on this. Just cannot figure out why something that in theory should be simple, android auto is so over convoluted.

It’s hit n miss at time’s,whereas the I phone has no glitches and is seamless

• Advertisement

I think dual apps create a problem rather than the phone itself, but open to correction on this. Just cannot figure out why something that in theory should be simple, android auto is so over convoluted.

Agree,my unit pioneer SPH 250 DAB is just made for I phone, yes android auto when it works via mi note 10 is lovely It’s just not consistent especially reference spotify

Hit n miss tbh

Agree,my unit pioneer SPH 250 DAB is just made for I phone, yes android auto when it works via mi note 10 is lovely It’s just not consistent especially reference spotify

It’s hit n miss at time’s,whereas the I phone has no glitches and is seamless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There are lots of issues with android auto and android devices believe it or not. As mentioned, iphones work well with it.

It is caused by all the different versions of android and the different handsets etc..
    There is a forum dedicated to it somewhere.
    I had to use it a couple of years back as there were loads of issues with a samsung and android auto.

Edit - The app is dead https://www.androidauthority.com/google-assistant-driving-mode-983475/

But Android Auto itself has issues. Can't think of that forum, but there are loads of subforums
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/android-auto/
    https://support.google.com/androidauto/community?hl=en
    https://www.nextpit.com/forum/android-auto-forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Morning Folks,

Just ordered a Realme 6 4GB +64GB from Amazon UK.... with a screen protector and cover; price came in @ €272.
    Happy enough with that and hopefully will serve me a few years like my MI A1 did.

Thanks again for the guidance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

j@utis wrote: »

It's an actual shop, a physical shop with card payment services.
    Nothing risky at all IMO.

banie01 wrote: »
    You in Hanoi too Bassy? ;)

The F2 is available from a lot of sellers on Ali for @€;320, and there's @7% cashback via TCB too.

An example
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6OFDji

My Poco F2 pro arrived this morning and even just setting it up, I'm very impressed.
    The difference in screen size with my mi8 is quite apparent altho the longer format 21:9 screen means it's actually far mor comfortable in 1 hand.

My Poco F2 pro arrived this morning and even just setting it up, I'm very impressed.
    The difference in screen size with my mi8 is quite apparent altho the longer format 21:9 screen means it's actually far mor comfortable in 1 hand.

What you reckon banie, should I pull the pin on one or is there something else worth considering?

Also where did you buy? I'm thinking of grabbing one on Amazon.

• Advertisement

What you reckon banie, should I pull the pin on one or is there something else worth considering?

Also where did you buy? I'm thinking of grabbing one on Amazon.

I'm encountering similar issues on my mi8 as you are on the F1.

I posted the link I bought from a page or so earlier in the thread. Bought from Ali, but shipped from Poland.
    8days from order to delivery.

Haven't put any mileage on the F2 just yet, but it really is a slick machine.
    My wife has an F1 and I've a Mi8 and the feel of the F2 alone really is a cut above.

The selfie camera alone is worth it :pac: just opens automatically and is so techy great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I've noticed a few issues with my pocofone now which in fairness is coming up on being almost 2 years old now, and has went through dogs abuse by me since getting it. :P

Little things like temporary freezing on Chrome browser until I press the multi window icon, and scrolling has become very glitchy, and it's prone to becoming fairly blocky at times (blocks of text missing when doing a screen rotate etc) not the end of the world, and the phone is still more than usable but I just feel the time is now right for an upgrade. (,I'll keep the pocofone in a press as a spare)

Anyone any suggestions?

Things that are important to me are the dual SIM capabilities, and a decent camera and long battery life as the nature of my job has me on site in clients yards for long periods of times where I depend on the phone for calls and emails and using certain diagnostic applications etc.

Have looked at the poco2 but just don't know if it's worth upgrading to.

Anyone any suggestions?
    This is also happening to me last few months. Served me well for 2 and half years and looking for new upgrade myself. What u looking to get

Does it have lte 20 for 4g. Specs says it don't have

I'm looking for a good phone to upgrade from pocophone f1. Looking for wireless charging, nfc, good battery

Does it have lte 20 for 4g. Specs says it don't have

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-poco-f2-pro

Yes, it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I only have my Xiaomi Note 9S since May, but I need to switch it out for something with NFC.

Any suggestions? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I only have my Xiaomi Note 9S since May, but I need to switch it out for something with NFC.

Any suggestions? :)
    Realme 6 would be in the same price range, slightly better screen and camera and with NFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Suckit wrote: »
    Realme 6 would be in the same price range, slightly better screen and camera and with NFC.

Redmi 9 has the same features as the 9 Notes for cheaper including NFC.

Of course it would not be as powerful but I have no problems with mine.

Compare them in Gsmarena side by side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anybody used Trading Shenzhen? - can't see them on Page 1

Looks like they do this model :

https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/redmi-k30-4g-pro-5g-k30-ultra-poco-f2-pro/2198-redmi-k30pro-zoomedition-8gb-256gb.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=1

Also, looks like they have an EU Shipping / customs confirmed shipping option - but not 100% on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Anyone facing network issues with their Redmi Note 8 Pro. I dont have any network signal when at home which coincides to when I'm connected to the wifi. However as soon as I leave the network is fine and I receive 3G/4G.

Advertisement