Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    Just ordered one for my brother on Amazon UK.
    Total was 240 euro for 128gb one.
    Went with UK because was worried German one would come with EU charger, no????

Says delivery by Tuesday 15th.
    Excellent!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi folks, has anyone got an Asus zenphone either 6 or 7?

Also may order off Ali express, have used before for cheap bike stuff, but never somebting this expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Deseras

Hi folks, has anyone got an Asus zenphone either 6 or 7?

Also may order off Ali express, have used before for cheap bike stuff, but never somebting this expensive.

Watch out for out for vataliexpress and expect slow shipping also asus has problems with Android 11 look for chinese seller tha
    t ships from europe from other sites than aliexpress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just bought the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC and I'm having a problem with texts not coming through. So for example I have some apps which need verification through a code received by text and I haven't been getting the texts.

Any idea whats causing this? I think I had a similar problem with my last Xiaomi phone too.

I'm on Three by the way

Posted this in the Poco X3 thread too but it seems to be a Xiaomi issue because it happened before with another Xiaomi phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ Check your Blocked messages??

• Advertisement

Poco F2 stopped charging a couple of days ago. Decently common issue where bending the phone makes it charge but solution is to disassemble and add some tape it seems. On my Honor 10 in the meantime.

Girlfriend has a Note 10 plus and love it. Around half the price tho. Might go Samsung in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »
    https://c.mi.com/thread-3621564-1-0.html?sources=1

That's the thing - my NFC works. Just checked and the leap card app is working ok. It just seems to be Google Pay for me. I'll let you know how it goes - could be tomorrow before I get a chance to do it.

Tried unlocking my bootloader - now I have to wait another week.

corkie wrote: »
    ^^^ Check your Blocked messages??

No had a look there alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Have you tried a replacement SIM?

Suckit wrote: »
    Have you tried a replacement SIM?

Just ordered one from three there so will see if that works

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Tried unlocking my bootloader - now I have to wait another week.

I thought unlocking the bootloader would stop google pay from working?

Old XDA thread on it!

Also if you had a vendor rom installed and flash official, if you then lock the bootloader again it may brick the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I thought unlocking the bootloader would stop google pay from working?

Old XDA thread on it!

Also if you had a vendor rom installed and flash official, if you then lock the bootloader again it may brick the phone?

I think if left open yes. But the idea was to flash the official global rom which is a new release as opposed to the vendor rom (Vodafone) which has made Google pay useless. Got advice on the Mi forum to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

My brother has a Xiaomi phone, got it a few years back I think Mii something. Was less than 200 quid. It just turned itself off today and won't come back on. Just wondering what is decent now ot buy, I have no idea. Iphone all the way....budget is low because he is carpenter and he is liable to smash it if he spends money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Black Shark 4 launched today in China!

6.67" FHD+ 144Hz AMOLED Display
    720Hz(T-S rate)
    Snapdragon 870
    48+8+5MP
    20MP Front
    4500mAh battery
    120W fast charge
    Side mounted F-S
    JoyUI 12.5
    3.5mm jack
    9.9mm thick
    210g weight
    Dual Speaker
    NFC
    Android 11
    UFS 3.1
    LPDDR5 Memory
    Z-axis linear motor

Price:-
    6+128GB ¥2,499 ~389$ (INR 27,800)
    8+128GB ¥2699 ~419$ (INR 30,000)
    12+128GB ¥2999 ~465$ (INR 33,300)
    12+256GB ¥3299 ~500$ (INR 36,650)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi folks.

Anyone know where I can pre-order the Poco F3? Is anyone interested in getting one also?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shamrock 64

rizzee wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Anyone know where I can pre-order the Poco F3? Is anyone interested in getting one also?

Interested all right but they will probably Jack up the price, supposed to be 350euros.xiaomi.ie and honorbuy will probably stock it, think it's released on Monday next.

Interested all right but they will probably Jack up the price, supposed to be 350euros.xiaomi.ie and honorbuy will probably stock it, think it's released on Monday next.

Just seen on the Poco site the €50 early bird on available on a number of sites from the 27th so I'll be keeping an eye out then!

Just seen on the Poco site the €50 early bird on available on a number of sites from the 27th so I'll be keeping an eye out then!

Didn't notice that,went on to Poco global,phone is listed with no option to buy or links to other sites.Little help please.

Didn't notice that,went on to Poco global,phone is listed with no option to buy or links to other sites.Little help please.

I have attached a screenshot I took from the announcement video.

I have attached a screenshot I took from the announcement video.

Thanks for that,would probably buy from Poco,would they be proper EU models or would they have any Chinese bloatware ,also probably have an EU charger rather than a three pin British/Irish one.?Any experience regarding customs duty, thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

As far as I know none of the Xiaomi phones (Redmi,Poco) etc are no different when they release the global version, it's just a global ROM ie more language options. The Chinese versions have English anyway.

Thanks for that,would probably buy from Poco,would they be proper EU models or would they have any Chinese bloatware ,also probably have an EU charger rather than a three pin British/Irish one.?Any experience regarding customs duty, thanks again.

I'm going to go with Amazon on the off chance there's a UK plug /adapter and they have a good returns policy. Then again... Customs. Will look around. Must set up an Amazon DE account.

Let me know how you get on and I will do the same :-)

I'm going to go with Amazon on the off chance there's a UK plug /adapter and they have a good returns policy. Then again... Customs. Will look around. Must set up an Amazon DE account.

Let me know how you get on and I will do the same :-)

Your login for .co.uk usually works on the eu & .com sites as well.

OPPO A72 Ordered on 13 March 2021 from .de, got Priority Shipping as it was similar price to standard. Was suppose to be delivered by Saturday 20th. And as it was late, arrived Monday 22, got delivery refunded.

EU Plug but I have one of 2-Pin-EU-to-UK-Plug-Adapter ordered. Was due today.

Your login for .co.uk usually works on the eu & .com sites as well.

OPPO A72 Ordered on 13 March 2021 from .de, got Priority Shipping as it was similar price to standard. Was suppose to be delivered by Saturday 20th. And as it was late, arrived Monday 22, got delivery refunded.

EU Plug but I have one of 2-Pin-EU-to-UK-Plug-Adapter ordered. Was due today.

Thanks for the tip, Corkie! Just logged in there (to .DE with my.CO.UK details) and has my address and payment details. Great to know for future use.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Have much of you bought Oppo phones? Would you recommend? Heard about the brand for the first time on Newstalk this week, Jess Kelly was talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

rizzee wrote:
    Thanks for the tip, Corkie! Just logged in there (to .DE with my.CO.UK details) and has my address and payment details. Great to know for future use.

Just to say returning a phone( if necessary) to the European sites can be a hassle as An Post won't accept anything with a lithium battery for postage abroad. Also there is no customs charges on phones from Amazon UK once they are sold directly by Amazon, only price difference is the VAT rate between the 2 countries

In saying that there can be good bargains to be got on the European Amazon sites, always worth checking

Typical the phone I paid €180 on .de is now down to €160 on .co.uk limited deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Irish94 wrote: »
    Have much of you bought Oppo phones? Would you recommend? Heard about the brand for the first time on Newstalk this week, Jess Kelly was talking about it.

Been using one for about 8 months. Can't fault them. Brilliant battery too. It's still on 68%now ,and I'm an extremely heavy user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Typical the phone I paid €180 on .de is now down to €160 on .co.uk limited deal.

How do you find it? I'm retiring my k30 which has given me nothing but problems since I got it last February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Been using one for about 8 months. Can't fault them. Brilliant battery too. It's still on 68%now ,and I'm an extremely heavy user.

Brilliant. Thank you for the reply.

What kind of Oppo phone do you own? Looking at different types on Amazon at the moment. How is the camera on it?

Advertisement