Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

radiospan wrote: »
    Found this TradingShenzhen shop through the Kimovil site linked in the OP.

Can anyone confirm if it's true what they say on this page below, that there is no import duty or charges if you choose the "Global Priority" shipping option instead of DHL? Sounds too good to be true?

https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/content/transportation-infographics

Some sellers on AliExpress offer that service too, HK Goldway was one and there are a few others. Have used it and it worked as they say, item was shipped to Europe and then DHL delivered it, with no customs or vat to be paid. Not sure if it still works like that but would imagine it does.

Some sellers on adverts tend to have the phones for not much more than it would cost to get them from China, and are a bit quicker if you don't mind paying a bit extra.
    Haven't bought a phone from China myself in a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

eamonnq wrote: »
    Some sellers on AliExpress offer that service too, HK Goldway was one and there are a few others. Have used it and it worked as they say, item was shipped to Europe and then DHL delivered it, with no customs or vat to be paid. Not sure if it still works like that but would imagine it does.

Some sellers on adverts tend to have the phones for not much more than it would cost to get them from China, and are a bit quicker if you don't mind paying a bit extra.
    Haven't bought a phone from China myself in a while now.

I used HK goldway to the UK about 18 months ago for a Redmi Note 4 64gb

No issues

not used since brexit / recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anyone spotted the Redmi note 10 anywhere yet? Bar Aliexpress as I don't fancy waiting 40+ days for delivery.

For anyone else interested the Note 10 popped up on Amazon the other day, still waiting on the pro max though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I’m looking to upgrade from Sony L1 and need a dual sim phone about 180 budget. Can I ask what the best redmi phone at the top end of budget you’d recommend? Could go to 200 ish if it’s a big difference in phone performance. Thanks , I’m clueless about phones !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

caycro wrote: »
    I’m looking to upgrade from Sony L1 and need a dual sim phone about 180 budget. Can I ask what the best redmi phone at the top end of budget you’d recommend? Could go to 200 ish if it’s a big difference in phone performance. Thanks , I’m clueless about phones !!

Poco X3 or Redmi Note's are quite popular.

Compare what specs your looking for here.

• Advertisement

Compare what specs your looking for here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Poco can’t be dual sim plus storage so the Note sounds good. Can I ask is it better to opt for an 8 pro or a 9 non pro?

Compare what specs your looking for here.

Thanks, Poco can’t be dual sim plus storage so the Note sounds good. Can I ask is it better to opt for an 8 pro or a 9 non pro?

My last redmi phone was the Note 5, and decide to buy an OPPO A72 recently.

As far as I know the Note's share a SIM Slot with sdcard. So it's not both sims plus external storage.
    Handy the OPPO A72 had dedicated sdcard slot along with dual sim.

Hopefully someone who knows better about them 2 phones will chime in. The 9 would obviously be a newer model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

corkie wrote: »
    My last redmi phone was the Note 5, and decide to buy an OPPO A72 recently.

As far as I know the Note's share a SIM Slot with sdcard. So it's not both sims plus external storage.
    Handy the OPPO A72 had dedicated sdcard slot along with dual sim.

Hopefully someone who knows better about them 2 phones will chime in. The 9 would obviously be a newer model.

I've a Redmi Note 9 (non pro) - 2 sim slot and a SD slot.

Can I ask is it better to opt for an 8 pro or a 9 non pro?
    GBX wrote: »
    I've a Redmi Note 9 (non pro) - 2 sim slot and a SD slot.

Looking at the specs, yes Note 9 has a dedicated sdcard slot, where the 8 pro doesn't.

Edit: Note 9 Pro also has a dedicated slot for it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help, where I fall down is not knowing which one is comparable to the current phone. I use WhatsApp, camera, couple of apps, so I don’t need a gamer phone, I like lots of storage for photos hence the Sd slot. I don’t know if I should buy a 9t or a 9s or a 9pro or a simple 9? All I see are a million models and series of redmi and my brain is fried. Could anyone, who’s used one please recommend a good/best option for my budget? I’m not techie enough to be fitting adapters etc. Thanks

Thanks for all your help, where I fall down is not knowing which one is comparable to the current phone. I use WhatsApp, camera, couple of apps, so I don’t need a gamer phone, I like lots of storage for photos hence the Sd slot. I don’t know if I should buy a 9t or a 9s or a 9pro or a simple 9? All I see are a million models and series of redmi and my brain is fried. Could anyone, who’s used one please recommend a good/best option for my budget? I’m not techie enough to be fitting adapters etc. Thanks

If you can stretch to about €220 the Redmi note 10 is your best buy. It's currently on Amazon UK.

]If you can stretch to about €220 the Redmi note 10 is your best buy. It's currently on Amazon UK.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I’ve sourced a 9pro for 190. Is it the simple 10, no letters or pro that is a better buy? Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Here you go:

Poco X3 Pro 199e from Amazon.de

Ticks your boxes and a decent processor so will be more future proof.

rizzee wrote: »
    Here you go:

Poco X3 Pro 199e from Amazon.de

Ticks your boxes and a decent processor so will be more future proof.

Unfortunately it doesn’t have a dedicated sd card slot so I have to rule it out

Apologies! *leaves thread quickly*

rizzee wrote: »
    Apologies! *leaves thread quickly*

😂 I appreciate your input though, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

caycro wrote:

Would you not just upgrade your Google drive to get 100gb storage, it's only 1.99 a month or 20 for the year. All your pics are stored there and you'll have a greater selection when it comes to the handset you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Would you not just upgrade your Google drive to get 100gb storage, it's only 1.99 a month or 20 for the year. All your pics are stored there and you'll have a greater selection when it comes to the handset you buy.

Great idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

😂 I appreciate your input though, thanks

gsmarena and kimovil both have phone comparison and search tools. You can compare the results to your existing handset.

• Advertisement

]If you can stretch to about €220 the Redmi note 10 is your best buy. It's currently on Amazon UK.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve sourced a 9pro for 190. Is it the simple 10, no letters or pro that is a better buy? Many thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes just redmi note 10. There is also a pro and a pro max but not available here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Pulled the trigger on the Poco X3 Pro 6/126 gb on Amazon.es. the other day for around €208 delivered. Am seeing some reviews saying that the X3 NFC is better as it has a better camera. I went for the higher spec qualcom chip in the pro. The pro is cheaper on amazon at the moment anyway. Wonder did I make the right choice? Either way it'll be an upgrade on my old Mi A1. It has served me well for the last three and a half years. Owes me nothing. It makes such good sense going for the likes of Xiaomi on a non contract basis. Realme also is a great alternative. Both my son and wife have them. My wife has a Realme 6 which was around €190. Absolutely lovely phone with a gorgeous amoled screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Yes just redmi note 10. There is also a pro and a pro max but not available here yet.[/QUOTE]

Xiaomi are putting the Redmi Note 10 Pro on sale at 12:00 Tuesday April 13th on mi.com/uk

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

banham wrote: »
    Xiaomi are putting the Redmi Note 10 Pro on sale at 12:00 Tuesday April 13th on mi.com/uk

Waiting patiently for this phone to release. Would purchasing through Xiaomi.uk be the best option?
    I'm thinking how much customs would tack on to the cost of it? Would the likes of an Amazon .es or .de have it soon at a good price?
    The Irish Xiaomi site seems to be an afterthought, with higher prices and a sparce selection so I won't wait for them to offer through that site.

Would love to buy it soon but not for €50 or more than it might be available elsewhere 😔
    I wonder would the likes of three.ie get it in stock on release, so far I can't find any info on Irish resellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Anyone use Bludiode before? I see their prices are low as they don't include tax but when you go to order they have a place where you have to put your customs declaration, from reading around a few sites like Giztop put a low declaration when you're ordering an expensive phone from China and this bypasses customs. Anyone have any experience with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Anyone use Bludiode before? I see their prices are low as they don't include tax but when you go to order they have a place where you have to put your customs declaration, from reading around a few sites like Giztop put a low declaration when you're ordering an expensive phone from China and this bypasses customs. Anyone have any experience with this?
    Never heard of them TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

25% of the reviews Trust Pilot on are bad.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/bludiode.com?stars=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

superneat wrote: »
    Waiting patiently for this phone to release. Would purchasing through Xiaomi.uk be the best option?
    I'm thinking how much customs would tack on to the cost of it? Would the likes of an Amazon .es or .de have it soon at a good price?
    The Irish Xiaomi site seems to be an afterthought, with higher prices and a sparce selection so I won't wait for them to offer through that site.

Would love to buy it soon but not for €50 or more than it might be available elsewhere 😔
    I wonder would the likes of three.ie get it in stock on release, so far I can't find any info on Irish resellers.

AFAIK Xiaomi UK don't ship here. The Irish site isn't an official Xiaomi site so he's not going to have it any faster than Honorbuy or any of the other sites you can buy it from

Anyone got any thoughts on the Poco F3?

• Advertisement

abarkie wrote: »
    Anyone got any thoughts on the Poco F3?

Thread here in bargain alerts, couple of us waiting on preorders

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058172875/1

Advertisement