Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Could get the Redmi note 10 for that.

Anybody have any links for a reputable seller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its on sale from Vodafone - https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-10-5g.html?gallery=payg - if you port a number (order a free sim from 48) you can use this number to port and get it for €99. Then swap your own sim into it.

Thread about doing it for the Redmi Note 9 and now 10 here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=117434301#post117434301

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

AdrianG08 wrote: »
    Anybody have any links for a reputable seller ?

https://www.belsimpel.nl/ (https://www.gomibo.ie/phone/xiaomi)

Family have used previously without issue, fast delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Suckit wrote: »
    I think Mi software in general is going through a change at the minute and causing quite a few bugs, Mi OS has issues across all models. That aside, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Mi 10 T Pro in particular, is having some sort of issues with updates, or maybe not getting any. Might be worth looking into before buying.

Definitely something changed ref their the software, the difference in my Poco F1 and F2 is shocking tbh, constant bugs on the F2, whereas the F1 was buttery smooth.

Some of the issues I have (they're all irritating, not critical)

There's a flaw with the dual apps and the work/personal profile thing, for example I can't seem to find certain files in my dual app WhatsApp, outlook and the likes, seems like there's a flaw in the software directory and where these dual apps are searching for files. I didn't have this problem with the F1.

The phone dialling function is very flaky, sometimes it doesn't display the name of the person you're dialling (incoming calls aren't ever an issue though) and the predictive dialling is hot and miss (for instance pressing 5646 should give me a list of "John's" in my phone book) tried a few dialer apps and same problem.

Sometimes the music I'm listening to via Bluetooth will play in the background of a Bluetooth phonecall.

WiFi can disconnect at random and for no apparent reason.

Not deal breakers by any means, but can be annoying and niggling.

Edit, meant to say I'm toying with the idea of throwing a custom ROM on the phone, but never have got around to it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

What's the verdict on the redmi note 10 pro? On offer at 250 delivered from amazon Germany at the minute for the 6gb/64gb version, any others better at that price point?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 podgey1992

glic83 wrote: »
    What's the verdict on the redmi note 10 pro? On offer at 250 delivered from amazon Germany at the minute for the 6gb/64gb version, any others better at that price point?

I've had it a couple of months, ended up paying around 350 as I got stung with customs because I ordered from UK like an eejit. I've got the 128gb version though, it's been great value phone so far. A couple of annoying things about MIUI but the phone has been great overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

glic83 wrote:

220 on Amazon.fr

Holy Duck wrote: »
    220 on Amazon.fr

Amazon.de has it down to 220 now

podgey1992 wrote: »
    I've had it a couple of months, ended up paying around 350 as I got stung with customs because I ordered from UK like an eejit. I've got the 128gb version though, it's been great value phone so far. A couple of annoying things about MIUI but the phone has been great overall.

I've had xiaomi phones for a years so I'm used to the miui os, this phone seems to be the preferred choice at that price point by a few reviewers.

• Advertisement

glic83 wrote: »
    Amazon.de has it down to 220 now

Can you link this?

Holy Duck wrote: »
    220 on Amazon.fr

Can I see a link for this too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Deal is only available to Amazon prime customers.

Is €220 the best price for the Redmi Note 10 Pro?

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Would I not need a german address in order to avail of this discount? Before getting discount on this phone (takes price to €220), I need to signup to prime but my delivery address is obviously Ireland.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/smartphone-headphones-16-94cm-display-Android/dp/B08XJXNN9N

Would an order be honoured?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Deal is only available to Amazon prime customers.

Get the free month trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is €220 the best price for the Redmi Note 10 Pro?

Check this thread, particularly posts from the last month or so re: Note 10

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058140182/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

A while ago I had chinese mobile phone and it comes with rootkit (virus)
    Its was taking pictures, recording video and audio, read my emails and who knows what else.

I only found out after 6 month when android issued new OS updates.
    Leave chinese phone to chinese people that's all I can say.

markmoto wrote: »
    Its was taking pictures, recording video and audio, read my emails and who knows what else.

What phone was it? What phone do you currently use? Been a while since I've heard of Rootkits on phones - that's not to say they don't exist anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Did you get a ransom demand?
    Let me guess, you got an all American iPhone instead...

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

buy cheap, buy twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭5star02707

Suckit wrote: »
    Cheaper from Germany, even for the 8GB/128GB version (€297) -https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08Y8QDL32/
    Netherlands
    6GB/128GB is €276 - https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B08Y8MDMF4/
    6GB/64GB is €218 - https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B08Y8NPZC5/

Was on Amazon prime day sale yesterday and price was GBP 200 so roughly 240euros for 6gb /128gb

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

GBX wrote: »
    What phone was it? What phone do you currently use? Been a while since I've heard of Rootkits on phones - that's not to say they don't exist anymore.

I think it was xiaomi and works perfectly fine until I got new OS updates from google which makes me aware of rootkit installation. But for some reason couldn't remove it.
    CoBo55 wrote: »
    Did you get a ransom demand?
    Let me guess, you got an all American iPhone instead...

I use samsung, my point buy phone from local branded store like 3, vodafone, tesco, etc If something goes wrong you can sue them but I doubt anything like that would ever happens.

I think it was xiaomi and works perfectly fine until I got new OS updates from google which makes me aware of rootkit installation. But for some reason couldn't remove it.

I use samsung, my point buy phone from local branded store like 3, vodafone, tesco, etc If something goes wrong you can sue them but I doubt anything like that would ever happens.

You can now buy Xioami from Three, Vodafone and Tesco. They had a bit of a reputation a few years ago but at one point you could only get them from the likes of AliExpress and had to request which version of software was on it: Chinese or Global. The blame would lie with the seller but you would have little comeback.
    Nowadays phone security has improved somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

5star02707 wrote: »
    Was on Amazon prime day sale yesterday and price was GBP 200 so roughly 240euros for 6gb /128gb

Think you are comparing apples and oranges. What did it say in your checkout basket once import fees had been added? Amazon had the Poco F3 on sale yesterday (256gb) but there was 80EUR of import fees/VAT on top which brought it up to the amazon.de/Belsimpel prices.

Advertisement