Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notional Service Purchase

• 17-07-2018 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I worked in an HSE Funded Hospital (Hospital A). (not directly run by the HSE), and with HSE pension between 2001 and 2003. At that time, according to their Pension Administrator, part-time employees did not pay into their pension.

I took a break for children from 2003 to 2004. Then I moved part-time to Hospital B (an HSE Unit) - by then, even though part-time, both I and my employer had to contribute towards my pension.

In 2006 we moved to a different county, and I worked for 4 years, until 2010, on a long-term relief basis in an HSE Hospital. I was rostered for part-time hours of 19.5 hrs a week for the 4 years. As I was only long-term relief staff - though roosted each week for 19.5 hrs, I was informed that they were not obliged to contribute to my pension.

I took a break for children again between 2010 and 2012, and then moved back on a permanent contract into the HSE in another hospital.

My question is: Can I buy purchase notional service for those years that I worked for the HSE and HSE funded organisations, but there was no contribution made to my HSE pension - the HSE funded organisations also subscribed to the HSE pension fund. So it would be notional service for 2001 to 2003 and from 2006 to 2010? What would be involved in this. I am 51?

Also, I am informed by HSE pension - the last time I phoned they said they were down two staff of a staff of four in the pensions enquiry service - that I need to write to all the HSE and HSE funded places I worked, and get them to do a pension statement, and then forward this to the HSE Pension Customer Service, and then it would probably take about 2 years for them to get back to me!! I hope the upswing in the economy means they have employed more staff!

Advertisement