Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rights regarding Online Travel Agent

Options
  • 17-07-2018 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for advice here..

I booked a return trip via travel2be and I plan on flying out this Saturday.

I paid 870 euro via card

I have just been notified that my itinerary has changed.

One of the flights was pushed by 3 hours apparently this was the airline who changed the schedule however I have no written evidence.

Anyways it means that all going to plan I have an hour to make my connection flight in Doha.

Reluctantly I agreed to the change and I could tell on the other end there was some hesitancy on this.

I now have to wait until sometime tomorrow to see if this is infact confirmed by all parties.

The cs person seemed to be pushing for a refund however after being notified this morning about the change and with my flights on Saturday this is really inconvenient and I will be at a loss.

Average price is 1100 through same agent with a different airline.

Any options in terms of how to deal with this?

They are offering me a refund im well aware of this but at such a late stage I just want to go and not be worrying about flights

Today was very stressful and I just want it out of the way

Thanks

Skinny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If it's all the same ticket if you are delaying into Doha the airline has to get you to your destination. Depending on the amount of transferring passengers from your flight they may hold the original plane or they'll get you onto the next available flight. You might be delayed getting to your destination but you will get there.

There's no option but to accept the change or cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Del2005 wrote: »
    If it's all the same ticket if you are delaying into Doha the airline has to get you to your destination. Depending on the amount of transferring passengers from your flight they may hold the original plane or they'll get you onto the next available flight. You might be delayed getting to your destination but you will get there.

There's no option but to accept the change or cancel.

Figured just as much, I have never been caught with an agency like this.

They are by far the worst crowd I have dealt with.

Lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Are you with the same airline end to end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

seagull wrote: »
    Are you with the same airline end to end?

Hey seagull

Yes I am same airline

Thanks

Skinny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Easy for us to say, but I wouldn't be concerned, same airline means they know you are connecting and will do everything they can to get you on the connecting flight.

We had a 45 minute change in Washington a couple of months ago, our first flight landed 20 minutes late and we still made the next flight, they do wait if they think you are close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The fact that you're with the same airline means they will be more accommodating. They know they caused the problem. At worst, you'd be on the next onward flight if they can't hold your flight back for you or you're significantly delayed.

We had a similar scenario a while back. We originally had a little over 90 minutes in Heathrow to catch the onward flight. Then the flight out of Dublin was late, and we wound up with under an hour to get to the next gate. We made the flight (just), but our luggage didn't, which actually worked out in our favour. We got a little overnight bag and compensation money from the airline, and our luggage was delivered the next day. We had packed a change of clothes in the carry-on, so it was no hassle for us at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

seagull wrote: »
    We had packed a change of clothes in the carry-on, so it was no hassle for us at all.

That's a good point, OP. Be prepared that you make the flight but your luggage may not until the next day, so keep some of anything you might need urgently (like medicines, change of clothes) in your carry-on

Advertisement